CQB/CQC Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB/CQC Tactics

Can anyone reveal some of there tactics and weapon/gear set ups for CQB.

Thanks

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Tm Hi capa 5.1 and a mossberg m500 8mm shotgun. Gets the Joe rather well. Will hopefully have a maruzen mp5k to add to that as well in a few days.

My tactic is to move. Move into wired places. One area I get quite successfully is in a certain cqb zone, there's a small wall indoors that most people move around, but get caught in the line of fire. I usually go over, getting me round the side and into the enemy's side without being seen.

Also, yelling and giving people until the count of 3 to get out before I go in with the shotgun usually works very well for me! Intimidation for the win!

Comment

Re: CQB/CQC Tactics

are we talking about going it alone or team also day or night games

Comment

All of them!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
        A brain?
        Originally posted by snuff
        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

One tip which I try to follow is both a note of skill and politeness. When playing in CQB, try to point your gun down slightly when your in really close quarters. Not only does that stop you accidentally blasting someone in the head at point blank range, but it also means you aim for the chest- easier to hit than the head
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I Have CQC EX so if anyone tries and grabs me they get auto countered and 1000 stun damage so instant knock out.

Oh wrong CQC

There are no tactics to CQC unless your in a team to be honest or work as a team, its all about being swift, accurate and planned

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
              One tip which I try to follow is both a note of skill and politeness. When playing in CQB, try to point your gun down slightly when your in really close quarters. Not only does that stop you accidentally blasting someone in the head at point blank range, but it also means you aim for the chest- easier to hit than the head
              Yeah, I noticed Xsite keep saying this more when I attend game days now, after taking a hit on the bridge of my nose, at around 3 metres, in the killhouse. painful times!

Comment

single man'd you need to use stealth but when your in a team you really need to no your team so you no where they are even when your not looking to see where they are move in pairs fire to give cover and move taking ground and clearing roomsuse admin reloads to make sure your always ready to fight. in your teams never get to the point where you both need to reload

Comment

yeah point down...and shoot them in the nutz...its well apprieciated
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Invest in a map, get it stuck in your head mentally, get a radio that works through more than 3" of wall but get a mic that allows you to talk quietly as voices travel far in quiet games, aim slightly down to not cap people in the face, buy a helmet, rubber knives are always good for silent kills but take a multi-tool to de-activate traps etc.

Oh yeah and don't take a sniper rifle, take something small, M4 at the most for length, nade's are always good, M203's are good sometimes but can be a pain the ass if you have to turn all the way around to shoot where you could just pull out a pistol in time, invest in a crate of thermobarics, try to clamp down on your noise levels when moving, practice stealth movement but try to keep going at a pace, test your gear doesn't fall out.

Buy a red light as a backup for small areas that you need to shine up but don't want to give out to everyone where you are, get a hand torch as well as that nice gun light you always like to use.

Um...

Light weight boots?

Oh and PRACTICE (Yes work!!) hand signals, no-one hates anyone more than someone that doesn't understand a hand signal besides "What the f*** was that" when your can only hear ringing in your ear because you set off a trip mine.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

My number one tip for CQB is keep moving.
                      If you're a solo player don't camp on a door because as soon as the enemy know where you are and that you are on your own they will move in on you.
                      Likewise when you are in a team if you are clearing a room and get hit keep moving to clear the way for the rest of your team to move past you. There's nothing worse than trying to clear a room, the first man getting hit and stopping dead in his tracks jamming up the rest of the stack and getting them killed.

Also learn how to stack up and enter a room properly. It's easy to do and quite effective.

Equipment wise the only thing I'd really recommend is gear which allows you quick access to your mags and pistol.
                      For weapons, red dots and flash lights also compact weapons FTW.

Comment

be aggressive (and no I don't mean go around punching people)
                        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

make sure your gear is accesible, mags can be changed quickly and your primary and pistol are easy to transition.
                          move quickly and as said, aggressively, dont fanny about or you'll get capped.
                          get used to holding your primary just below your eyeline, bout an inch or so below where you would normally hold it. practise snap shooting like this. frees up your vision and leads (eventually) to faster movement. use your optics when you have time and range.
                          helps to paint your front sight with a dot of bright colour for reference.
                          practise cornering and stairwells at home, even without a gun. yes it scares the dog and annoys the mrs but it pays off. if you can get the kids/neighbours/pets to stack up and clear rooms with you thats a bonus.
                          (its just dawned on me why none of the kids have friends round anymore)

Comment

Thing I always remember from FIBUA:
                            1) where possible, go through the roof, that way you flush them out and have the high ground.
                            2)never use doors where possible
                            3) if defending, keep well back from windows
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

be more aggresive than the other guy, never take a step back, ALWAYS FORWARD

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                              Working...
                              X