Sniper rifle hit taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper rifle hit taking?

indeed or my mp5 either one or both * primarily i am a sniper.

i can understand the annoyance of not being able to get close when theres a good sniper who will keep heads down. but tough haha
    sigpic

Comment

i only had one problem with a person not taking a hit who was running past me about 6 meters away he didnt take the first hit so as he got past me i managed well aimed shot to the back of the neck

Comment

i used to have troubles, but then i went to .30's, bit more of a punch.
        Originally posted by jonnyhal
        For Sale: very nice heavy springer
        Originally posted by soulflame2
        when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
          i only had one problem with a person not taking a hit who was running past me about 6 meters away he didnt take the first hit so as he got past me i managed well aimed shot to the back of the neck
          Did i read that correctly?

.4s, let em hear it and feel it

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

More of a punch? The muzzle velocity drops as you go up the weights, but the energy of the projectile (BB) does not change, so it's not really more of a punch in honesty (and scientifically).

Kaladyr - did you forget we're playing airsoft and not doing it for real? I think the AEG's FPS:- LSW vs PSG1 argument is flawed > from all of the war stories I've heard, I'm yet to hear about the LSW accurately hitting 700metres let alone 850. Furthermore, the PSG1 has a lower velocity because it's firing a larger round, equating to more weight. This means that the round holds its speed more as well as being more accurate.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

so why if i shoot someone at say 30m with a .2 does it not make the same whack as with a .4 at same range?

Comment

its common knowledge that shotting with a higher weighr bb hurts more, even with .2 to .25 you can feel a difference, the speed of the round may drop but the weight does make it hurt more, an easy test, get a .12 and shootsome and then a .2, same range i guarantee you they will feel alsmost nothing in the .12 but the .2 wil sting
                sigpic

Comment

anyone care to explain that scientifically as thats how ive always understood it.
                  Surely the heavier weight ammo has more kinetic energy?

Comment

right, im not trying to prove anyone wrong as im still in learning phase with all this.
                    A quick google threw this up

Lighter pellets achieve higher velocities, but are more prone to influence from external factors like wind. Lighter pellets also decelerate (lose velocity) faster than heavier pellets. Due to the increased momentum of a heavier pellet, it will hit harder than a lighter one.

Comment

basically a lighter bb leaves the barrel at a faster speed but they lose there speed faster than a heavier bb, therfore it will hurt more and will have more of a "punch" as it was put at long ranges
                      sigpic

Comment

ohh ops didnt see you already answered yourself lol but yea thats the some of it in thoery they equal out in joules but in practice the thats correct
                        sigpic

Comment

ok more info

a 3.00g paintball at 328 fps carries 15jules of energy

My chrono measure this but i didnt fully understand till now but heres a .43 fired from my sniper rifle that normally chronos about 280 on .2s
                          Notice the 2.36j of energy

Comment

30m engagment ranges? Do you have any idea how far that it?

Comment

90 feet?

Comment

LMAO at the chrono image.

If the same gun chrono's at 280 using 0.20's, there is no possible way that by using heavier ammo the FPS reading is higher.

Furthermore, if a lighter BB looses it's speed more (which I'm sure it does), then why does a 0.25g BB travel slightly less distance than a 0.20g BB?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GREG_BURTON Find out more about GREG_BURTON
                                Working...
                                X