• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cocking gun?

Who randomly cocks there gun if theyre bored...I know i do

Comment

I do too. Something to do when you're bored, one of my favourite pass-times!

As well as watching TV to give your hands something to play with...

Comment

To be honest this is the same reason we have blowback, its looks and sounds sexy :p
        |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Comment

On my MP5 A4 i have lock backed the charging bolt and them swiping my hand across it realeasing it with a nice "shook-clack" about a million times even though it does nothing.

Comment

I have a really cheap and nasty JAE 100 made by KART. I noticed the other day, that for some reason the cocking lever was not working. It had come off its rail and had slightly bent.

Now this didn't affect the gun firing or anything, and I must say for a cheap Clone it is not a bad shooter, apart from the cheap potmetal.

The lever had bent slightly so wouldn't stay on the gun and kept flapping about. The metal bends like a piece of rubber it really is that cheap.

But I couldn't bring myself to fire the gun unless I fixed this totally uneccessary part. I spent about an hour stripping it, and fitting the part back together, just so I can cock and hear that satisfying click clack of a M14. Sad or what!!?
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by MistroJoe View Post
              I will always keep my glock un cocked in the holster, just so when I take it out, I can make the cool action and hear the click clack mmmmmmm yum
              lol, I do the same with all my pistols as well. Not just cause I don't want to be shot in the groin or leg by my own gun (you never know especially with something like the P226 which has no safety) but also cause, like you said, there's that satisfaction of pulling out a pistol, cocking it in that moment of silence when no one is sure how many people are hiding in the hallway - then jumping into the hallway pistol blazing. :D
              Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
              Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Ammo View Post
                lol, I do the same with all my pistols as well. Not just cause I don't want to be shot in the groin or leg by my own gun (you never know especially with something like the P226 which has no safety) but also cause, like you said, there's that satisfaction of pulling out a pistol, cocking it in that moment of silence when no one is sure how many people are hiding in the hallway - then jumping into the hallway pistol blazing. :D
                One more for the pile of players who do this! :D

I like the sound my AUG makes when doing the similar slap on the cocking lever to hear it clack into place. its plastic, but half the internal moving parts are metal, so it still sounds pretty nice!

Comment

I just wait till the next range day at work! then i get to cock a GPMG all day long

Saying that you can normally find me in a deadzone (which is most of the time) cocking my m14 to death!
                  sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
                  - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Comment

Unless someone screamed 'Make ready!!', and i do it out of habit, then no i don't. If i've adjusted the Hop on my gun, i usually let the handle go, but thats about it lol

The only thing I cock properly are my GBB pistols. I dont see the point of pretending to cock an aeg, plus with some of them these days, especially Chinasoft, the 'just for show' cocking mechanisms are flimsy at best, and will probably break in no time.

Nothing against it though, if you like it, cock away!
                    Newsh

Comment

I only cock after reloading when ive used the entire mag i use real caps to make it more realistic
                      "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                      Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by The Angry Goose View Post
                        The cocking sound on an M14 is one of the sexiest things i have ever heard
                        quoted for truth! nothing else beats it.

Comment

Have started doing it on my SOPMOD as I think it will put less stress on the latch than actually shooting it to release the latch.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I fear of doing the old H&K slap on my mp5 otherwise, I could snap the cocking lever. I would only do it if the cocking lever and tube assembly was reinforced steel!

Comment

hearing my new m249 clunk from the cocking handle is so satisfying, the sound is good. :D
                              Team: WARGASM, Squad: Alpha
                              Callsign: Fox, Position: Support Gunner
                              Primary Weapon: A&K M249 Custom, Back-Up Primary: CA M15A4, Secondary Weapon: KJ Beretta M92F
                              Cry: "Catchphrase!"

Comment

I have an m4 (but who doesn't!) with a functioning charging handle- as in, it flips the dust cover down, and pulls the bolt back, and whenever starting a game I pull it, or after fully emptying a magazine... otherwise it wouldn't be realistic!
                                When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

eyyaz pew pew Find out more about eyyaz
                                Working...
                                X