Contact Drills In An Ambush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contact Drills In An Ambush

well in airsoft it all goes to rats**t anyway but in real life it would go something like this -

1) return fire and shout contact left, lads on the right of the track go to the left of the track forming a baseline, when baseline is called you up the rate of fire, I/C sends over the net "contact wait out" to let everyone know you are in contact

2) 2 lads closest to the wounded man go to him and casevac him back the way you came as that is the safest route while the rest are laying down covering fire (although you dont want to be in the killing zone for that long)

3) once the wounded man is out of the killing area and into cover you begin to peel back the way you came, when its your turn to peel, put 2-3 rounds down on the enemy and run shouting "moving" and tap the next man, the next man waits a few seconds and does the same

4) you continue peeling til one of you sees a good piece of cover and shouts "re-org"
    get in all round defence, rebomb ammo, check yourselves for any injurys, send sit rep over the radio then move out

you can argue tactics all day as ground would be different or scenario different etc but thats the basic principles

cheers

Comment

fair play 'stu' thats pretty pro; luckily i don't think i'll ever be faced with live rounds, respect to those who do.

My usual jerk reaction in airsoft would be to yell "CONTACT!!" or obscenities, let of a quick spray and then dive behind the nearest cover/noob/fat bloke (depending on what's available) and then to get my bearings.

I find that in airsoft, when poo hits the fan, it's every fool for himself.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah exactly mate in airsoft it is just everyman for himself like you said. no group cohesion it is everyone splits off and cracks there own, not that i have a problem with that at all. not everyone is trained on these things and you cant expect people to do the proper drills. Thats what i dont like about the "generals" that gob off at the younger lads for not doing it the way you would for real.

i've done the real thing and the majority know the line between the reality and the fact that its a sunday and people just wanna go around shooting eachother for a laugh.

although i do enjoy putting a bit of realism into it. my pet hate is seeing people just walking about in a contact or reloading standing up and in the open

Comment

Also if the ambush is half decent in an airsoft situation you wont be walking out of it anyhow

Comment

very true, usually when i hear any shooting coming my way i hit the deck which sometimes helps, depends whos doing the ambush, unleash hell is the way i like to do it, lots of rounds

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
              Facing an enemy who has little or no knowledge of military tactics or training is exactly what our boys in afghan are facing right now.

Not entirley true.

Taliaban aren't stupid, and they do know a thing or two, because we taught them. (Soviet invasion - SAS trained mujaheddin ) Sorry I know it's an old thread

And it's true - fire teams , group cohesion are ineffective in Airsoft. They simply don't work!!
              Last edited by bravotwozero; 14 March, 2010, 13:14.

Comment

i can vouch for that last comment, they are clever and know what they are doing, maybe not all as they have whats known as the $10 taliban, basically locals that get paid to have a pop at us, not quite as good. they do watch our techniques and tactics and sometimes put dummy ieds out which are easy to find so they can watch how we deal with it and adjust their tactics accordingly. guerilla warfare is always evolving to counter how we do things.

Comment

Call contact left and hit the deck. I'd then asses how much firepower they have eg small arms, 50 cal, live ordainance. The get the medic to do asses the casualty and provide fire as they evac. I'd then call a withdrawl and get back to an RV or flank the buggers and take them out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                  Working...
                  X