Heavy Machine Gunners - Purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Machine Gunners - Purpose?

What do you think the purpose of a Machine Gunner is?

Suppresion?
    Firepower?
    Intimidation?

Let me know your thoughts!

I personally think all 3 come into effect:

Suppression: Big F*cking gun keeps there heads down
    Firepower: Will tear the enemy to pieces
    Initimidation: Scares the F*ck outta the enemy!

If you had a machine gunner in your squad, or you are one, tell me what you think the main purpose of a machine gunner is, and ideally what weapon you would have!

- Jon

Re: Heavy Machine Gunners - Purpose?

cant have suppression without the other 2 :P
    Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

Ah

But you can supress with any weapon, given the right situation

Comment

if thats the case then if suppressed your intimidating your foes with your firepower.
        Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

haha

Well said!

Anyone else?

Comment

i'd say propably distraction, lot a noise, lot a bb's, keeps em pinned while others do a flank mission. In airsoft terms for a Machine gunner firepower wont come into effect because of the fps limits. However i would defo say its Suppresion, defo keeps some peoples head down, Initimidation only works for certain guns. like i wouldnt be scared of say a M249, there so common, when a see a m60 or gpmg, then im like ooh ****
            Originally posted by bravotwozero
            Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

haha

How about an airsoft .50 cal? :P

(not the sniper of course, if they were a good sniper, you wouldnt see them!)

Comment

if its a 8mm sniper one, id royaly ***** myself, if it a was a AEG 6mm one, i'd walk away (jus the same as i do the mini gun)

which actually i could say the first time i saw one i was holy **** a dnt wanna b near tht, however the range is very poor, so its easyly out ranged with my l85 hands down
                Originally posted by bravotwozero
                Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Also, most sites allow a higher load of BBs to be carried with support weapons.

Yes, any AEG can lay down suppressing fire, but a decent M249 etc can fire for longer without changing mags and have more mags to use. It's no good using an AK to supress a target if you run out of rounds after 30 seconds and it takes a minute for the flankers to get into position, let alone raking fire across a series of windows when storming a building.
                  sigpic

Comment

i tend to use my g3 a support gun what i find is the primary job is suppression and firepower, but intimindation is a bonus as well if they know what they are facing it can cause hesitation.

when patroling and then sudden contact the support gun lays down a wall of fire so the rest of the squad can work out whats going on and get into cover.Then keeping the attackers distracted while the rest of the team focus on hunting taking out the attackers.

Comment

Good replies guys!

I agree with rockin robin wholely, but my point was any gun could be used for suppression, just some more effectively than others

Keep em coming! I love seeing everyones different opinions on here!

Comment

Is this thread about real life support gunners or there role in airsoft???

My feed back
                        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Mixture of both really - predominantley airsoft, as its an airsoft forum.

but some tactics can be applied to both

Comment

Eh. I don't see much point in them really. You can effectively suppress a target with any automatic weapon, if you are smart about it, and the added weight of lugging a full metal beast around is just going to give you a disadvantage. Personally, I'd have to say its just for looks, considering you can get 3000 round mags for a variety of assault rifles.

Comment

In my team im the one who lugs the big machine guns around :D

Its great being able to give my team the edge with all the suppression, firepower and intimidation

I started off with a 249 and not everybody would run in the opposite direction as there are a few of them used at my local site.

Yet when I turned up with my m60e4 it scared the crap out of them all and I was able to lay down more covering fire with that and it's got better range and accuracy than my 249

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                              Working...
                              X