• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heavy Machine Gunners - Purpose?

I would of said,

Regular AEG's 328 / 350 fps
    Support Weapons 400 Fps
    Semi auto only weapons 500 fps

I think 425fps may be a bit to hot especially considering the ROF some people get there support weapons firing at, guy at my site use's a 10.8V with high speed gears and motor on a A&K m249 and the thing sounds like a mini gun going off!

My feed back
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

i use a 12v, its crazy, but you could tell them short bursts depending on the setup
      Originally posted by bravotwozero
      Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Keep in mind that by pushing up support weapons you risk breaking the laws regarding this kinda thing
        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

LAws are at 1.35J, or 381ish fps. Even if they weren't, I'd rather not go against something that can fire at 400fps and has full auto.

Another thing to think about, if we did up the fps, a hell of a lot more people would buy support guns, making them unrealistically common.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf3r View Post
            i use a 12v, its crazy, but you could tell them short bursts depending on the setup
            You can tell 'em what you like, but in the heat of the moment, they inevitably forget, or get carried away. Then we are back to the situation where the marshalls spend all day trying to stop fights.

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
            Another thing to think about, if we did up the fps, a hell of a lot more people would buy support guns, making them unrealistically common.
            Aye, that's very true. As it is, every noob want's a sniper when they start as they believe the higher FPS will make them invincible. Give them the oppertunity for higher FPS and ROF and watch the support guns flood onto sites.
            Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
            you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
            eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

You up support weapons to 400fps and hit someone, knock out a few teeth and cut them deeply - you wait and see how fast before you're slapped with Section 5 firearms offence and Assault...

370+ is viewed as Class 5 territory with full autos for a reason...

Anyway...

Support weapons at 330-50 are more than enough, if you make them all STANAG compatible you are then able to use old Brengunesque tactics - my MG36 is STANAG compatible - meaning the entire squad can chip in their ammo when need be to assist the support gunner.

Frankly a great hopup unit/nozzel and good inner barrel makes the difference on support weapons more than FPS and it shows big time.

Comment

A lot of interesting and good points here guys!

I agree with the higher FPS having its pro's and con's too - probably more cons though, with regards to the marshalls having to stop fights, and serious damage being done!

Comment

And the fact its illegal!
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

If it was within legal limits I meant

Comment

like i said before nt everyone will agree however to the guy who said its illegal, erm theres a nice little thread on here with a guy whos got a sniper shootin at 790, and he was allowed to use that at the rock or sumit, wouldnt know do do the down south sites, so guess he'll be charged for being over the joules as his would be sumit like 3.9 or sumit?

if you bump the fps up, you must bump the engagement rule up, but again in airsoft without a higher fps, LMG's and HMG's are just cosmetic AEG's, which is quite crap... my 2 pence anyways, and before anyone flames me, this is my opionion, and no one is changing it. Its rather annoying when you know you have a M249 that could easyly be pushing further than it is but you cant cos of the FPS limits, and a nozzle, hop up and barrel only add 15%/20% which aint alot.
                      Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

790fps and uses it in games?

That guy should be ashamed and not let near anygamesite in the UK. If I was hit with that I'd sue for assault, and 99.999% of airsofters I know would do likewise. We should denounce spackers for effectively assautling us like that, I was at the HO meeting where lethality WAS raised and 790... well from their insinuation, thats far, far far beyond what they'd consider for bolt actions...

Comment

This thread is about support guns, please keep it on topic

Comment

sorry rampage, i was just tryin to make a point that compared to what ive read on here previous that 425 isn't that bad compared to what snipers sometimes get allowed to have, and i know there only single shot, but it still hurts when you get whacked. but ye enough on that.

still think that sumit should be done to support M249's, m60's etc, someone also said that if they raised up the fps limit then you'd have more lmgs etc, not the case i would think, the a&k m249 series is already popular in the airsoft industry and i've seen plenty, and it takes a cettain type of player to use one and carry it around all day, ive seen many people get to an hour and go "its too heavy", specially if you have a extra box mag, and other parts on your m249, scopes, etc

theres also a slight setup time on support gunners, ie delopy bipod and get into a good firing position..

Comment

Would FPS limits really give it an edge? I don't know about you, but I don't really care if a gun is going about 50 fps more, its not going to suppress any more than a regular AEG. As has been said before, its pretty much about mag capacity, as thats really the only difference between support guns and regular assault rifles.

Comment

but you want a better range? there much bigger so you'd expect something more in the range...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                                Working...
                                X