Heavy Machine Gunners - Purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heavy Machine Gunners - Purpose?

Ok, 790fps is one thing, but it's not full auto; you are going to get hit once. Only once. With a support gun at 425fps or whatever, you are going to get hit more that once, thus more energy transferred, thus more damage to body. It's the same reasoning that barrs semi auto snipers from going above 425ish, as oppose to 500fps of bolt actions. You can pop off shots much faster than a boltie, pontentially hitting someone more than once, thus less fps allowance to equal up the energy to being hit with a 500fps bolt action sniper, which will only hit you once.

And FPS doesn't equal range. A good hopup unit equals range. My M249 is doing 340fps, but has a damn good hopup thanks to the upgrades I put in it, and has outranged single shot snipers doing 425ish fps. My teamate Mikey's (aeviv) springer 1911s are doing 151fps, but have outranged 350fps AEGs thanks to they're awesome hop units (true BTW)

Comment

If it was a real life situation (which is what MILSIM is about, trying to get as real as possible)

if you got hit - its gonna f*cking hurt guys, Just ask my cousin!

I know some people will disagree, but your in the game assuming your gonna get hurt, it all adds to the fun, but if you wanna keep it realistic, dont complain!

(in not flaming here guys, just my opinion and views on said topic - what this thread is about, what do YOU think)

Rampage - I LOVE that Sniper in your picture - its beautiful

- Jon

Comment

Just to add my 2p on the whole box mags on assault rifles

At my site they don't allow any thing like an mp5 or m4 with boxmags as it's not realistic and only allow support weapons that exist i.e m249's, rpk's, m60's, mg36's and so on plus the ammo limit for one of the above is 2,000 rounds per game which helps cut down the spray and pray tactic, which helps to keep the games from going static .

Im sure Swiper will agree as he plays at dv aswell .

Comment

Its a common misconception that huge=FPS range, while it can help, its not all that you need, nor should it be your top priority. Like Keeper has said i have two springer m1911s, which barely pass the 150FPS mark, but they fly past many AEGs. Im not exactly a hugely skilled player, but ive used those springers to take guys out who were a significant distance away from me, who were trying to volley thier AEGs onto me. We thought for a long time that these springers must be doing in excess of 350 due to thier range.

As for the whole, pain makes it more realistic thing, thats a pretty poor argument. Im sure a vast majority of airsofters, while they dont mind the pain, would not actively want the pain when they are hit, nor does enhancing the sting somewhat make it more realistic, or more fun! I've certainly never found myself saying- 'Yay! I've just been shot by that sniper, rather than that AEG!' And there are plenty of airsofters who arnt seeking a 1:1 experience of combat, myself included.
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

not what I meant - but you cant expect to not get hurt in a skirmish?

Comment

Metalboa, I applaud whichever site you speak of sir.

And TKOS, that was a well put point mate. Very well put.
              Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
              you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
              eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

No, you cant tunr up to a skirmish and expect not to walk away with some welts and bruises. But im sure very few people would say the bruises are the fun part
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C

Comment

size does matter, heres an example, say rampage's .50 cal couldnt outrage a vsr, point in lugging it around then? you do want it realistic, and its a dam fine example that a .50 would defo out range a vsr. i know this goes off topic but its an example of the size, a m249 is much bigger than a m4, bigger barrel etc, so in theory of guns i was tought in the TA, the bigger the barrel, the further it'll go, a LSW L86 outranges a L85, fact. so a m249 should be allowed a longer flight path, my m249 has a great set-up, but if the FPS limits were changed higher, then i could do hell of a lot more to give it a extra push and i could use 0.25's. Again though, not tryin to cause arguements, just stating that size does matter.

And as for pain, ye i don't go to a game and say awk a wont get hit today and it wont b soar, i expect to get shot, but you don't expect a 790 shooting you, regardless if its once, its still out of order, most face mask only protect upto 500/550, and i know for a fact that a 790 wouldnt go through a plastic body of a gun, so its very damaging, and yes ok 425 on automatic, however the person gettin shot at should only be gettin shot maybe 3 or 4 times and sayin hit! Most gunners i know do short bursts, as if you spray n pray, you dont hit s**t
                  Originally posted by bravotwozero
                  Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Not really working well is it this thread lol

No one i actually know wants to be hurt when they play. But then no one expects it not to hurt a little. I know its used as a medium for milsim but actively playing with illegal FPS just so the pain can be nearer to that of actually harm is ridiculous. The idea is to experience the tactics and battle without the damage so to go that step further....well....im sure there's an army recruitment office somewhere near.
                    Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

YMRA EHT NIOJ

Seriously though, the point of a machine gunner is simply to help put more rounds down on the enemy then they can put down on you. This means you win the fire fight and can then move onto assaulting the enemy position and wiping them out

Comment

yeah withard thats a valid point.

oh whatever ill keep my opinion to myself! haha, I dont want things to get heated

And bigdave - thats perfect

When under contact, one of the main stages is to win the firefight!

(or so Ive been taught! )

Comment

i feel that a heavy machine gunner is just for show factor - its their personal choice becuz they like they way they look - you can get the same results with any assault rifle with a box mag - taking into consideration that people do not like the look of box mags they buy the real looking heavy machine gun - its just for show to make them feel more realistic and make them feel they have more presence on the airsoft field - again adding to realism and the sucess feelings of an airsoft day - not essential for winning but more of an accessory

Comment

agreed with british sas..any assualt rifle can lay down support fire with a box mag and battery and internal upgrades..and LMG gunners are indeed just for show

Comment

Yes, both solid points from both SAS, an LMG is only cosmetically different to an AR with a box mag, but isnt half of airsoft about cosmetics? Otherwise why would people both with accurate loadouts or nice scopes or attachments they never use? See what im getting at?

Comment

Indeed, airsoft is about realism, those who don't want it should join the paintballers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sk8inmadkid Find out more about sk8inmadkid
                                Working...
                                X