Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: M240B > L7A2 GPMG Conversion

Originally posted by Kenworth W900 View Post
    Having thought about it, your double dose of painfully obvious common sense and knowledge is still preferable to a stupid or wrong comment. Therefore, I approve, even if you seem to be treating us all like idiots.
    Hello Kenworth, Genuine clarification is what I attempted to post. From the Horses Mouth so to speak. A LOT of Guys who have never even touched the area of 'Defence Manufacturing'. Will now know WHY it is so difficult to source GPMG/ MAG 58 spares.Now I have attempted to share the knowledge. Others who MAY
    have been thinking of obtaining an M240 & converting to L7 spec. Will be 'In the Picture' as to the Potential LONG journey ahead. In the Attempt to track down & source what might be the 'Holy Grail' of certain parts to some. Now armed with the Truthfull Knowledge that they might possibly never complete thier Project.
    They will be able to reassess the situation ahead. & be able to make a more realistic choice as the possibility of diverting their project funds in a direction. That could lead to more a fruitfull conclusion. IE: The funds could be pushed ahead to obtain a more readily available Airsoft weapon. I have read the threads here of the forum of others who have managed to do very creditable conversions to L7 spec on thier M240's. Just look at how long it took THEM to do these mods! Some are STILL ongoing, in attempts to source a complete thier projects. I would not like anyone to sucome to disapointment. It's not nice at all, I am just attempting to share the benifit of my Wealth of Knowledge to those not in a position like i have been in/still am.

It is also my wish NOT to treat anyone as an idiot. Far from it, Knowledge is Power! & if I am able to help anyone on a difficult quest. Whats the problem? Hopefully, we ALL benifit?...................An Idiot will always be an Idiot. & thier behaviour will show that to all, themselves!.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
      He's right, but the way he types makes me want to put my head in an oven.

Does anyone know of anywhere to get the ammo drums? Got a line on a gpmg myself.
      L7 50 round assualt Drum Mags come up occasionaly on the Militaria Sales circuit. Or on Ebay. I have sold the few that I had on there. Keep looking!......

Comment

Theres been a load on eBay recently.

GPMG now up for sale if anyone's interested? See appraisals.

Comment

Panoptes
          Great Job! Thanks for sharing!
          I want to do a project like yours!

Where I can buy that £315 China clones ?
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by m606paz View Post
            Panoptes
            Where I can buy that £315 China clones ?
            Thanks in advance!
            I start my project in a couple of weeks when i buy an M240 Bravo. I've sourced most of the parts but someone else is sourcing as well as they bought the Carry Handle i had my eye on & the Dovetail sight. However i still have an eye on a Flash hider & gas regulator & i've bought a Jungle box.
            At the moment it looks like i'll be trawlling the forums & going to Military fairs trying to buy the parts including stocks {or Butt plates}.
            If that isn't enough i'll be doing this while building a Sterling SMG. After that it's on to the Browning 50 cal build.
            I to wouldn't mind knowing via PM where these £315 guns are. I know i can buy in the UK for £750ish but £427 abroad. Ask when i have my base gun & i'll share,lol.
            Heaven doesn't want me & hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              L7A2 GPMG Conversion

• Flash hider is a monster and came with 15mm protruding thread. In the absense of a male coupler, I'll have to engineer something semi-temporary to afix the GPMG one...

Pictured with standard AEG 14mm Vortex:

[/IMG][/B]
              I want reproduced, an original flash hider to put in my m240

Can tell me the original measurement ?

The 14 mm is CW ó CCW?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Quite understandably the cheap M240 sold out & i believe the next cheapest was in the £480 range. That was enough to make the whole project too expensive coupled with the availability of original parts. I might try the whole project again in the future if they release another batch of M240s? I'n the meantime i'm getting an M249 before saving for a Landy.
                Heaven doesn't want me & hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

Panoptes, just got one of these for my Echo1. Do you still have the images of the work you did? I'd be very interested to see them before I set about sorting this for mine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                  Working...
                  X