M240B > L7A2 GPMG Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: M240B > L7A2 GPMG Conversion

Staggering work Panoptes, absolutely staggering! As I'm at uni at the moment I've been taking my m4 into the workshop and doing work on it there, Machining the horrendous die-cast rail down to the actual toleranced dimensions of a realsteel rail and so on - it's good to know I'm not the only person doing that kind of thing!
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Panoptes, smashing job!

I've been thinking about trying to do one of these for a good while. This has definitely decided it for me.

Would you or someone else in the know be able to send me a PM with the place mentioned selling the clone 240Bs for that price as my Google ability has let me down.

Comment

Sure, PMd.

Comment

Have now acquired:
          • Genuine Bipod (complete with height adjustment tool).
          • Gas Parts / Regulator, Deac (95% complete; missing adjuster but I can manufacture that).

Bipod should go on with not too much trouble but the Gas Reg is proving a collossal ball-ache. I'll either need to get someone with a lathe to 'scoop out' a larger inner diameter (no easy task on hardened steel) or file down the gas block on the AEG itself (which could also weaken it). Not a big fan of either...

Almost complete now... pics when able.

Comment

Has anybody ordered the £315 clones? Is the store selling them reliable?
            | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Sorry to necro but... mine should be here on Friday :D
              Planning on doing a step by step much the same as Pan has here if that's cool with everyone?
              | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Hi guys

I'm also a GPMG lover,so this is mine :

It's still solid and work very well I've also a real stock (thanks Panoptes) but need some work to fit a battery,and to attach it to the frame.

I'm still searching for :

-GPMG flash hider
                -C2 SF sight

And replicate the gaz tube.

Did you have some new pictures of your work Panoptes ?

Cheers

Comment

Interesting how you tackled the fitting of the feed tube. I might revisit that in due course.

Comment

Still waiting for new reciever :@
                    As soon as it arrives and gun is a ok I shall be doing a mag conversion
                    I'm thinking of simply sticking the current mount onto an issue metal contact mag

Comment

http://www.armyrecognition.com/june_...y_0606114.html
                      Scary new territory!
                      A lightweight tiny Gimpy :@
                      Now you have to make one Pan
                      Tis the law

Comment

I already have the flash hider (Standard M240B one by the looks of it). Just a case of a heavier barrel, 7.62 box mag and feed port/tray.

I'll wait n' see how it's issued to the troops; we British have a habit of altering things. Probably not a high priority build for me anyway.

Comment

MattaM, you do realise that the C2 sight is only used in the Sustained Fire and map predicted fire roles? For airsoft, i dare say you will most likely be using the weapon in the light role in which case use iron sights, that is unless you have got hold of a tripod as well! All that said very nice gimpy.

Comment

Thanks

And that's right ,i don't need it ,but it's a nice thing ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              I already have the flash hider (Standard M240B one by the looks of it). Just a case of a heavier barrel, 7.62 box mag and feed port/tray.

I'll wait n' see how it's issued to the troops; we British have a habit of altering things. Probably not a high priority build for me anyway.
                              I believe it's as seen, has already been fielded by SFSG. All rumours but I think the time frame fits? And we only bought 170 something of them so makes sense...?

Comment

The weapon your on about is simply a 7.62 minimi which is being issued to UKSF. The numbers are less than 200.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X