Collapse

Kydex holster making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to keep sticking these up, but here's an M&P in a straight draw holster. Can be worn on a belt or inside the waistband for a concealed carry. This one has a high back to stop shirts (or skin!) getting pinches on reholstering.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355084688.055903.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355084770.951425.jpg
    So just to recap, ANY pistol, with OR without a Weapon light. Any mounting system can be built into these holsters ie IMI, Techlok, Blackhawk etc
    These would be in addition to the holster price.

Comment

And another M&P, this is as the above but with a forward Kant as per buyers instruction. If you already have a mounting system (ie Blackhawk IMI tec-lock etc) but would like one of the holsters then I can mould the correct mounting surface into the back of the holster at no extra charge.
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355305646.063849.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355305792.241989.jpg

Comment

Re: Kydex holster making

Make any P226 Sig's yet?
        If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

Man, when my finances are sorted out I might have to commission you for a Mk23 holster as I'm fed up of the milspex drop leg that flaps around relentlessly.

Could you do one similar to the latest Mk23 you posted but with the LAM attached? As I'm not too keen on the first one with the loop, looks a little flimsy, no offense intended.
          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
          Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

If the LAM unit is going to stay on the pistol then yes it can be done. If you want one that you can take the LAM on and off then not really as without the LAM the gun will be rattling around in a Kydex box on your hip! Lol
            The retention will be built around the LAM unit due to a channel being formed for the silencer.
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.Murnin View Post
              Make any P226 Sig's yet?
              No mate, but it'll look like all the others but formed on a Sig! Lol
              I'm now doing holsters made for the RMJ Tactical R.U.M.P molle System, this will also be BladeTech Tec-loc and Molle-loc compatable. I'm not making anything on the system as I charge you what you would pay buying the system yourself.

Comment

very cool, so how much for a standard XDM holser (no torch)
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Non TAC light holsters are £35+PP (£6.35-24hr)
                  TAC light holsters are £45+PP (£6.35-24hr)
                  Add £10.95 for any Tec-loc belt mount & molle-loc. These would only be moulded into the holsters if asked for.
                  All holsters without the above would come with belt mounts to suit your usual belt.
                  Mark

Comment

I'm now the very happy owner of a KSC Glock 19 holster and mag carrier. The quality of the work is excellent, comfort is great and the retention of gun and mags is great due to the perfect fit. I loaded both up and shook them vigorously upside down above my bed to see what was required to lose an item....but nothing moved yet drawing the gun and mags isn't an issue. Also couldn't be happier with communications or Rubi's willingness to make adjustments to the design to fit my requirements. Pictures of his work to !

Comment

Thanks mate, glad your happy.
                      Here's something that may tempt your appetite in the future.
                      This is a G17 holster, with a tec-loc quick release belt mount.
                      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355617400.493930.jpg
                      And it open, just slip over your belt and close.
                      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355617451.025832.jpg
                      And on the belt, sorry about the dog! Lol
                      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355617517.740269.jpg
                      Mark

Comment

Had some time on my hands today and wondered if I could make a smaller lower profile holster to take a TAC light on my new KWA ATP17. I plan on using this design for Molle attachments which I'll be using the R.U.M.P system (see below) or the Tec-loc (see above post) as it free's up some real estate on your vest over the pancake style.
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355952922.607263.jpg
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355952957.832235.jpg
                        I'm going to make these with adjustable tension instead of the 2 rivets. This has more retention than you would ever need yet draws very very nicely.
                        (please excuse the Cream Kydex, it was a sample)
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355953044.845906.jpg
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355953193.084160.jpg
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355953235.690105.jpg
                        The definition is good for 2mm, a looks better in black.

Comment

Ever tried making one with a thumb break?

Comment

Hi mate, TBH it's not something I've tried, the retention on my holsters can be made to the users requirements. It's takes a sharp upwards "jerk" to release the pistol! I run one of the designs above on my vest in a horizontal position on my chest, it's never let go...ever.

Made this today to show how it would come to the buyer.
                            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356027026.523656.jpg
                            This has adjustable retention via the screw, so again it can be dialed in to how the end user likes it.
                            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356027078.176886.jpg
                            Obviously the price goes up with the Tec-Loc or Molle plate, but this is a full weapon light holster ( this being for my ATP with an NCS led light) compatable with a wide range of mounting systems.
                            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356027358.510628.jpg
                            It's still tight into the body, very secure and moulded to YOUR combo not a generic mould. Its got not slop or rattle when in the holster as some more expensive options out there.

Mark

Comment

I'm looking at a 5-7 and tbh the sheer size and weight would worry me without a thumb break of some kind, what would you think?

Comment

I've seen and used a 5-7 and if I'm honest it would be fine. For smaller/lighter pistols I use 1.5mm Kydex but for larger or heavier is use 2mm.
                                Think of it this way, a flat sheet of say...1.5mm would easily bend but after I've moulded it to the shape of the pistol it doesn't bend anyway near as it did before.
                                1.5mm & 2mm are used on realsteel weapons for holsters so it won't be an issue with your 5-7. Is it a TM? Will you be using the TM TAC light if it is?
                                Mark

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rubi-tong Find out more about rubi-tong
                                Working...
                                X