• Show
Clear All

Re: UKARA question

I have a two tone glock kwa

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
      Ermm no its not.
      Anyone can own a RIF. Lets say a 19 year old lad buys a nice RIF MP5 (with a valid defense) and gives it to his 12 year old brother.
      That 12 year old can legally own that RIF with no restrictions what so ever and no laws have been broken .
      You answered that yourself.

You have to have a defence and be over 18 to purchase a RIF.
      You have to be over 18 to purchase an IF

So yes, there are restrictions, getting a family member to buy it technically is a restriction, as theyve had to get a defence in the first place.

Also getting a family member to go airsofting 3 times so they can get UKARA'd just for the sake of owning a RIF to give to a sibling/child isn't positive for airsoft, granted its a loophole, but wouldnt you agree that it cheapens the whole responsibility thing? If every under 18's parents (who don't play themselves) started doing that, then what would be the point of having UKARA?

For example, if I wanted to rob a bank, I could just go to my local airsoft site 3 times, get UKARA'd with no intention of ever going airsofting again, buy a RIF and then commit armed robbery. Not saying that every kid does that but thats my point.

Now, like I said earlier, If said parent/sibling goes with the intention of taking up the sport fully, then yeah go for it. Otherwise you're just exploiting loopholes which is, in my opinion, wrong, irresponsible, and slightly selfish.
      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

On a side note there is an actual section for this sort of question, and it isn't here.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
          You answered that yourself.

You have to have a defence and be over 18 to purchase a RIF.
          You have to be over 18 to purchase an IF

So yes, there are restrictions, getting a family member to buy it technically is a restriction, as theyve had to get a defence in the first place.

Also getting a family member to go airsofting 3 times so they can get UKARA'd just for the sake of owning a RIF to give to a sibling/child isn't positive for airsoft, granted its a loophole, but wouldnt you agree that it cheapens the whole responsibility thing? If every under 18's parents (who don't play themselves) started doing that, then what would be the point of having UKARA?

For example, if I wanted to rob a bank, I could just go to my local airsoft site 3 times, get UKARA'd with no intention of ever going airsofting again, buy a RIF and then commit armed robbery. Not saying that every kid does that but thats my point.

Now, like I said earlier, If said parent/sibling goes with the intention of taking up the sport fully, then yeah go for it. Otherwise you're just exploiting loopholes which is, in my opinion, wrong, irresponsible, and slightly selfish.
          Im on about owning an RIF or IF which has no restrictions what so ever ,but buying on the other does have restrictions such as a valid defense is needed and the buyer has to be over 18....

Comment

I think the appropriate "NOOooOoOooOoOooooOooOOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" comment needs to be made. Let's just wait for this to turn into a "I know more law then you cos' I am bestest" thread. In any case yes you could get your dad to skirmish for the purchase of a RIF. But you'd cheapen it massively.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
              Im on about owning an RIF or IF which has no restrictions what so ever ,but buying on the other does have restrictions such as a valid defense is needed and the buyer has to be over 18....
              Buying usually goes hand in hand with owning something.

Comment

why are under 18's so bothered about owning a rif?
                considering airsoft was nearly extinct in this country thanks to the government,and is currently hanging by a thread,why do all the under 18's who (in my opinion in the law) shouldnt really be buying/borrowing or whatever.
                this forum seems to be rife with u18 determined to bring to the public eye their birthrite of owning a rif.

when i was younger (in the 80's) i wouldve been happy with an if until i met the right age (but saying that, i went straight from school to hm forces so got to play with real guns)

and im sayjing this in a lighthearted manner as its more an observation.

so a quick question for my mate pureairsoft11
                would you be happy to try to do somthing that undermines certain things that help to preserve airsoft in the uk.

sigpic
                Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
                  Or you could get an IF and a can of black spray paint. There IS no point to the entire scheme, the VCRA firearms section is just another government initiative to control and repress firearms ownership of any kind in the UKreich.
                  Signature Removed

Comment

But then you'd get charged with manufacture of a RIF aswell as armed robbery

Comment

I think if armed robbery is on the charge list RIF manufacture would be rather low down on your scare priority.

Or of course you could use a table leg wrapped in a bin bag, i've heard that police shoot to kill when dangerous weapons like those are involved.
                      Signature Removed

Comment

Well as it's been seen recently a child with a RIF committed armed robbery. They got off lightly. I doubt it would make a difference if they painted the gun black.

Comment

To be picky there is no offence of armed robbery. It would be robbery and a choice of firearms offences to go with it.

That pleb with the chair leg got what he deserved when he threatened to shoot somebody with the "shotgun" he had in the bag.

As for this thread I don't agree with bending the rules but if his dad can be bothered to actually go skirmishing with him three times over two months thats pretty supportive and I don't see anything wrong with him buying rifs for the both of them to use. If its just to allow the purchase of RIFs to mess around with at home and never skirmish with then its abusing the system.

Comment

^ You mean the completely innocent man who was unlawfully killed whilst minding his own business?

Comment

Originally posted by FMJ View Post
                              That pleb with the chair leg got what he deserved when he threatened to shoot somebody with the "shotgun" he had in the bag.
                              So anyone who walks around in public with an airsoft gun acting threatening should also get what they deserve.

Ergo the entire IF/RIF scheme is completely unnecessary.
                              Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by FMJ View Post
                                To be picky there is no offence of armed robbery. It would be robbery and a choice of firearms offences to go with it.

As for this thread I don't agree with bending the rules but if his dad can be bothered to actually go skirmishing with him three times over two months thats pretty supportive and I don't see anything wrong with him buying rifs for the both of them to use. If its just to allow the purchase of RIFs to mess around with at home and never skirmish with then its abusing the system.
                                lets face it though mate,i think we all are in the same opinion as to why he wants his dad to skirmish,if his dad was keen then he wouldve contacted the local site for all info regarding his membership. instead we have someone who (in my own opinion and not wanting to start an argument)wants hsi dad to help him "use" the system. probably been done loads of times before but i guess some people dont have the intelligence to keep it low key.
                                sigpic
                                Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                                Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pureairsoft11 Find out more about pureairsoft11
                                Working...
                                X