Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKARA question

Originally posted by blytm View Post
    And if the dad doesnt care? Gives him the rif and pays no further attension to the OP to go free and wild..?
    If dad didn't care wouldn't he just get him a two-tone, a can of black paint and tell him to piss off?
    Dad wants to stay within the law as well if he's willing to pay to play 3 games, assuming he's renting, which will cost at least £120. He then buys his son a gun costing at least £150 (nothing much less than that these days). £270 is a lot of money to pay and also a lot of his time to not care. Now assuming he's also under 17 and can't drive I'm guessing mum or dad also takes him to games taking up yet more time.
    I know plenty of u18 airsofters with RIFs who are normal kids who won't run around the streets pretending to be rambo. This lad in question is an airsofter and therefore is most likely to use the RIF for just that. Airsoft is not in danger is we let kids join in. In fact the best thing we can do is welcome them. Teach them to respect the sport, educate them how to be a safe RIF owner etc etc. This thread is a whole lot of adults assuming all kids are pain in the backside and it concerns me a lot.

As for kids being involved with two tones. Both of my local sites have strict rules on two-tones. The first doesn't allow them on site unless they are covered by scrim or tape to stop them from taking away from the realism. The second just doesn't allow them.

Ever see a two-tone at a ww2 game? Under 18s were brought into the army for ww2 so no reason why they shouldn't play. But wait, we don't want them having RIFS so they can't join in with that one.
    What about a two-tone at a regular milsim? most probably won't allow them.

Simple fact is, kids with two-tones are excluded and taken the piss out of. We don't know the OP from Adam. He could be a perfectly nice lad who enjoys the sport and just wants to get more involved. If anybody told any of you guys on this thread you had to wait a few years before you could get a RIF you'd be pretty pissed off to.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad little chavs can't walk into a shop and pick up an RIF but this lads parent is taking responsibility here and he's acting within the law. And I'm yet to see a decent argument to persuade me this a bad thing
    Last edited by Roxy; 11 December, 2011, 15:17.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by andre the giant View Post
      You make comments to me mate, I didn't disrespect you at all, you made the comments about me peacocking and so on and I should just ignore your comments rather than respond.. You referenced stabbings in one post then said I'm only talking about Airsoft in the next one... Get the bright green paint out ...
      Your reply to mine was a "im superior to you post" like most of yours to people who dont agree with you, much like you just belittled magslap about his picture. As for the stabbings comment they have the majority of under 18 related violence, the overs that you mentioned are much different. But nevermind you will continue to argue because your right and im wrong obviously, and as for the paint comments your being a child and you told me to grow up...

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
        Your reply to mine was a "im superior to you post" like most of yours to people who dont agree with you, much like you just belittled magslap about his picture. As for the stabbings comment they have the majority of under 18 related violence, the overs that you mentioned are much different. But nevermind you will continue to argue because your right and im wrong obviously, and as for the paint comments your being a child and you told me to grow up...
        My post to you was don't generalise when talking about under 18's. Nothing to do with right or wrong or superior or not, it's funny how you are painting a bad picture of me but you still continue to generalise about under 18's stabbing. Most stabbings occur in domestic violence cases in the uk. Not street crime. Check that out. I'm not superior to you at all mate, sorry you feel that way, what I would say is the difference between me and you is, I don't generalise against people or twist their words.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
          If dad didn't care wouldn't he just get him a two-tone, a can of black paint and tell him to piss off?
          Dad wants to stay within the law as well if he's willing to pay to play 3 games, assuming he's renting, which will cost at least £120. He then buys his son a gun costing at least £150 (nothing much less than that these days). £270 is a lot of money to pay and also a lot of his time to not care. Now assuming he's also under 17 and can't drive I'm guessing mum or dad also takes him to games taking up yet more time.
          I know plenty of u18 airsofters with RIFs who are normal kids who won't run around the streets pretending to be rambo. This lad in question is an airsofter and therefore is most likely to use the RIF for just that. Airsoft is not in danger is we let kids join in. In fact the best thing we can do is welcome them. Teach them to respect the sport, educate them how to be a safe RIF owner etc etc. This thread is a whole lot of adults assuming all kids are pain in the backside and it concerns me a lot
          I like your thinking there Roxy, I guess myself and everyone included are more worried about the sport than anything else. It does need to grow, which includes young people in the mix but with alot of the stuff you see on you tube and some of the horror stories we here about at sites its hard not to be negative/ apprehensive I guess.

Comment

try watching The Young Apprentice instead of YouTube, for examples of how U18's conduct themselves

U18's - some are bad
            +18's - some are bad

it's got nothing to do with age
            the OP will be able to join the army before he can purchase a RIF
            h e y d r i c h
            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
              try watching The Young Apprentice instead of YouTube, for examples of how U18's conduct themselves

U18's - some are bad
              +18's - some are bad

it's got nothing to do with age
              the OP will be able to join the army before he can purchase a RIF
              i think most people speak from experience when your under 18 you make more irrational decisions than when you do when your over 18. hell i know i did if i look back at myself and i behaved as my 15 year old self i wouldn't have a job, a roof over my head etc yes some kids are responsible but the majority are not and anyone who says when they were under 18 was a saint is a liar nobody is perfect. and thats not me saying adults are but once you get to the age of 18 your held accountable for your actions in the eyes of the law, anyone under that age isn't.

Comment

deffo - most people involved in this thread have been 18

there's 2 issues here....

(1) U18's cannot be trusted with RIFs = not true
                (2) the OP is trying to dodge round UKARA rules = not true
                h e y d r i c h
                L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I think we all need:

Also if we all go back to the OP. It say's "If i my dad goes to 3 skirmishes would it be illegal for him to then gift me a rif ?"

Not "My dad want's to know if he can gift me a RIF while enjoying the sport"

Comment

in short pureairsoft the answer to this thread which i said at the beginning is yes as long as your dad meets all the criteria there is nothing in the law that says he cannot give you a RIF *looks around nervously and awaits teh interweb solicitors to come along*

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                        in short pureairsoft the answer to this thread which i said at the beginning is yes as long as your dad meets all the criteria there is nothing in the law that says he cannot give you a RIF *looks around nervously and awaits teh interweb solicitors to come along*
                        interweblawyers4U.com say: exactly, no-one's doing anything wrong
                        h e y d r i c h
                        L T F S

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
                          interweblawyers4U.com say: exactly, no-one's doing anything wrong
                          run away the interweb lawyers are here.

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                            once you get to the age of 18 your held accountable for your actions in the eyes of the law, anyone under that age isn't.
                            10 is the age of criminal responsibility. So anybody 10 or over is held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by FMJ View Post
                              10 is the age of criminal responsibility. So anybody 10 or over is held accountable.
                              sorry what i meant to say was, at the age of 10 your brain is still not developed, so if you do something wrong as a child it's never going to be your fault people will blame your upbringing or peer pressure, but once your over 18 the blame lies solely on you, there are no excuses since your an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Rednaxelaa View Post
                                althgough that would be breaking alaw initself, by painting a IF, to then become a RIF you have then manufactured a RIF wich itself is illegal/ against UKARA,
                                What you've said here is both right and wrong.
                                A lot of people think that modifying a 2-tone to become a RIF is illegal because it's classed as "manufacturing". However, there is a separate prohibition against modifying an IF into a RIF. So you are correct it would be illegal, but for the wrong reason.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pureairsoft11 Find out more about pureairsoft11
                                Working...
                                X