Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKARA question

Originally posted by blytm View Post
    He IS part of the hobby already to the best he can be as far as the rules will allow him. Using the Daddy loophole as he is doing is being lazy and only further proves he is immature by not being able to wait.

He cant drive a car, cant drink, smoke or even vote, there are reasons for this, as stated before todays youth don't appear to comprehend thier actions ever after its happened e.g. stabbing someone to death then running off laughing with not a care in the world, that in its own is scary. so whats to stop an under 18 getting a RIF as he's begged daddy then goes down to local shop robs it and shoots the clerk in the eyes blinding him for life? Oh wait thats right UKARA/VRCA stuff. Its there for a reason. Afterall it was the younger generation that messed it up for the rest of us in the first place which only adds fuel to the fire.

Think of it this way, breaking the rules is no different than not taking your hits in game and you do take your hits right ?
    Not sure how old you are matey, but i see more about over 18's committing crime than under 18's. You don't see any under 18's in the house of commons and look at the state of our country, economy , crime levels, war and more. Not down to under 18's but over 18's. I love the generalisation that under 18's commit all this crime. Fred west, Ian Huntley, Myra hyndley committed crimes against under 18's , Stephen Lawrence was 17 and his alleged attackers were 15,16,17 . You want to balance your argument a bit more and look at the facts. Under 18's commit crime and so do over 18's commit crime too. So what makes you more or less likely to commit a crime with a RIF than somebody under 18. You can obtain one more freely and therefore have more opportunity to commit gun crime than they do.. I suggest before expressing a biased uneducated opinion against somebody due to their age, look at how many ppl the same age as you have committed a crime too, then you may start to think differently instead of blaming others for a poor community we live in..

Comment

part of the mentality here seems to be 'adults' not wanting 'kids' to enjoy something which is inherently designed for them - ie: playing

oh, it's ok for them to use a 2tone gun and stand out like sore thumbs, but they can't have a RIF

the fact is, they can't have(buy) either, but the young gentleman is wanting to obey the law, follow UKARA guidelines and obtain a RIF in a perfectly legal way. not bend, break, skim, skirt or anything else round the rules

i'm sure the OP won't break the thread that Airsoft's apparently hanging by
      h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by andre the giant View Post
        Not sure how old you are matey, but i see more about over 18's committing crime than under 18's. You don't see any under 18's in the house of commons and look at the state of our country, economy , crime levels, war and more. Not down to under 18's but over 18's. I love the generalisation that under 18's commit all this crime. Fred west, Ian Huntley, Myra hyndley committed crimes against under 18's , Stephen Lawrence was 17 and his alleged attackers were 15,16,17 . You want to balance your argument a bit more and look at the facts. Under 18's commit crime and so do over 18's commit crime too. So what makes you more or less likely to commit a crime with a RIF than somebody under 18. You can obtain one more freely and therefore have more opportunity to commit gun crime than they do.. I suggest before expressing a biased uneducated opinion against somebody due to their age, look at how many ppl the same age as you have committed a crime too, then you may start to think differently instead of blaming others for a poor community we live in..
        Woah calm down big man. I was getting at airsoft related crime e.g. the two 15 year olds that went in to tesco brandishing those crappy pistols etc. You quoting non related crimes is just peacocking and trying to seem the bigger man in the arguement. Yes I was being very general with the under 18's being bad, I know i wasnt at that age and I had a hefty collection of guns back then. Granted not ALL under 18's are bad for airsoft and we all know you have a well trained son blah blah but thats only with correct guidence which alot wont have. Children today have alot less disapline and care even less.

Two toning is a good thing and U-18's should be happy that they are able to play before they are 18. Imagine what would of happened had there been an age limit for this??

As for the OP's question I still think if his dad is doing it for the purpose of only getting his son a RIF is wrong but theres nothing we can do about it.

Comment

Yes I was being very general with the under 18's being bad, I know i wasnt at that age and I had a hefty collection of guns back then.
          OK that you had RIFs U18, but not the OP then?

because?
          h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

As for the OP's question I still think if his dad is doing it for the purpose of only getting his son a RIF is wrong but theres nothing we can do about it.
            Why though? If is dad is happy enough to follow UKARA and legally obtain his son a RIF and then no doubt monitor it (if he's willing to pay to play three games and buy a rif why would he not?) what's there to be worried or upset about? I fail to see the problem or see anything other than people complaining with any actual argument as to why it's a bad idea
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Woah calm down big man. I was getting at airsoft related crime e.g. the two 15 year olds that went in to tesco brandishing those crappy pistols etc. You quoting non related crimes is just peacocking and trying to seem the bigger man in the arguement. Yes I was being very general with the under 18's being bad, I know i wasnt at that age and I had a hefty collection of guns back then. Granted not ALL under 18's are bad for airsoft and we all know you have a well trained son blah blah but thats only with correct guidence which alot wont have. Children today have alot less disapline and care even less.

Two toning is a good thing and U-18's should be happy that they are able to play before they are 18. Imagine what would of happened had there been an age limit for this??

You miss the point, you say about stabbings??? What's that got to do with Airsoft, as for my son being well trained blah blah blah, I think if you add up the amount of under 18's who commit crime against the ones that don't, you will see that the criminals are in the minority. It's a shame that the Sun newspaper and other reporting channels have so much influence over public opinion. I suggest that ppl who generalise about ppl of a certain age, whether it's 18 and under, 40+ over 65's or any other figure that is used to facilitate propaganda and biased statistics realise that this is not acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                Why though? If is dad is happy enough to follow UKARA and legally obtain his son a RIF and then no doubt monitor it (if he's willing to pay to play three games and buy a rif why would he not?) what's there to be worried or upset about? I fail to see the problem or see anything other than people complaining with any actual argument as to why it's a bad idea
                And if the dad doesnt care? Gives him the rif and pays no further attension to the OP to go free and wild..?

Comment

Just another point to raise. Who knows of any uk Airsoft site that has specific 2 tone guns for under 18's skirmishers, because they can't be trusted with a RIF ??

Because if they don't then they as site owners and ukara registered retailers they don't have a problem with under 18's using RIF's why is there an issue....

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
                    part of the mentality here seems to be 'adults' not wanting 'kids' to enjoy something which is inherently designed for them - ie: playing

i'm sure the OP won't break the thread that Airsoft's apparently hanging by
                    ok let me re-iterate my basis for disagreeing with what you put here.
                    on this very forum is lots of people posting things such as,shooting a neighbours window and (maybe)breaking it.selling rifs to non ukara members so that an underage can get a rif,videos of firing a moscart and asking for suggestions at what can be fired at a person,40mm baton rounds in airsoft,trigger happy tales,lobbing metal bfgs at people,hot (high fps)rifs/ifs...............thats just a quick blast through.
                    some of these items are posted in gest,a bit of fun,consenting adults and all that......................................could the free to find info be used against us all by certain pain in the ass groups who are against anything that does somthing they dont agree with (insert your own answer here)

the thread could be a piece of titanium cable for all i care,put enough weight on it and anything will break.

now....... im not actually against u18 skirmishers and if they were to find a way to advance there hobby.........GREAT well done,pat on the back.but if its somthing that ( in some peoples opinion) skirts around/bends (or whatever other words can be used)around a law/rule...........................why advertise it on a PUBLIC FORUM.

now i know many people will differ on opinion and think that everything should be blasted out on the net and this law that law and other law blah blah blah......so please understand what side im coming from.
                    sigpic
                    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

And if the dad doesnt care? Gives him the rif and pays no further attension to the OP to go free and wild..?

As for peacocking??? I think you are trying to make me look like an aggressive guy or a bigger man, don't make me laugh. Grow up and either debate as a grown up or two tone your keyboard so we know u can't be trusted with a proper one

Comment

As for peacocking??? I think you are trying to make me look like an aggressive guy or a bigger man, don't make me laugh. Grow up and either debate as a grown up or two tone your keyboard so we know u can't be trusted with a proper one
                        And you just proved my point... You could of ignored that comment but you felt you had to start, Lol why not start another thread about how your right and everyone else is wrong? As that went SO well last time for you. Keep on topic chappy and breathe

Comment

Originally posted by magslap View Post
                          ok let me re-iterate my basis for disagreeing with what you put here.
                          on this very forum is lots of people posting things such as,shooting a neighbours window and (maybe)breaking it.selling rifs to non ukara members so that an underage can get a rif,videos of firing a moscart and asking for suggestions at what can be fired at a person,40mm baton rounds in airsoft,trigger happy tales,lobbing metal bfgs at people,hot (high fps)rifs/ifs...............thats just a quick blast through.
                          some of these items are posted in gest,a bit of fun,consenting adults and all that......................................could the free to find info be used against us all by certain pain in the ass groups who are against anything that does somthing they dont agree with (insert your own answer here)

the thread could be a piece of titanium cable for all i care,put enough weight on it and anything will break.

now....... im not actually against u18 skirmishers and if they were to find a way to advance there hobby.........GREAT well done,pat on the back.but if its somthing that ( in some peoples opinion) skirts around/bends (or whatever other words can be used)around a law/rule...........................why advertise it on a PUBLIC FORUM.

now i know many people will differ on opinion and think that everything should be blasted out on the net and this law that law and other law blah blah blah......so please understand what side im coming from.
                          I think if that's you in your picture mate, you are probably annoyed that you are over 18 and still get asked for ID check to get your lager from the co-op.

As for your stance on under 18's and videos posted on here where they do daft things, go on YouTube and look for stupid Airsoft. Plenty of over 18's on there doing a whole lot worse than shooting a window.

Comment

And you just proved my point... You could of ignored that comment but you felt you had to start, Lol why not start another thread about how your right and everyone else is wrong? As that went SO well last time for you. Keep on topic chappy and breathe
                            You make comments to me mate, I didn't disrespect you at all, you made the comments about me peacocking and so on and I should just ignore your comments rather than respond.. You referenced stabbings in one post then said I'm only talking about Airsoft in the next one... Get the bright green paint out ...

Comment

I think if that's you in your picture mate, you are probably annoyed that you are over 18 and still get asked for ID check to get your lager from the co-op.

As for your stance on under 18's and videos posted on here where they do daft things, go on YouTube and look for stupid Airsoft. Plenty of over 18's on there doing a whole lot worse than shooting a window.
                              hmm...i never said videos of under 18's
                              and as for being checked for id........is that the best way to debate....make things up out of thin air
                              im not talking about youtube,i was merely pointing out that a quick check on just this one site.....which appears ( i could definatly be wrong) a larger majority of english members ( apologys if you live in another country,just not noticed any on posters bars)

however,yes i would love to be 18 again
                              sigpic
                              Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

2-tones can still only be purchased by over 18's.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pureairsoft11 Find out more about pureairsoft11
                                Working...
                                X