Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Worst I have had up to now was at the stan, a Squirrels member (I wont mention the name) hiding behind a glass window was reloading, so I ran round with the MP5 out and said surrender. I was about a foot away maximum and figured it would be harsh to shoot him. He didn't say no and I figured he had surrendered, SO ran back to the defence. Then I hear him shout as he puts his mag back in, You will have to shoot me... Next time hes getting a full clip but all for fun. (just a little surprised)

Although the same day I shot 6 in the back of he end from about 6 meters and not 1 took the hit, (pretty sure you should take a hit even if you think its friendly fire) So put the pistol away switched to full auto and lit every 1 up. Soon took there hits.

Best I had (same day) I ran up a respawn stair case (didn't realise it was re spawn) Shot a guy coming back onto the stairs in the chest with 1 shot (in his armour so it didnt hurt), He told me it was respawn and we agreed I could retreat without being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rageness View Post
      Although the same day I shot 6 in the back of he end from about 6 meters and not 1 took the hit, (pretty sure you should take a hit even if you think its friendly fire) So put the pistol away switched to full auto and lit every 1 up. Soon took there hits.
      quite right you are, people generally take the hits even if its friendly fire despite it not being mentioned in the safety breif to do so. Having read that this has happened il talk to the powers that be to make sure it is included in the briefs that "friendly fire is still a hit and take it as such".

Comment

Originally posted by wattsy View Post
        quite right you are, people generally take the hits even if its friendly fire despite it not being mentioned in the safety breif to do so. Having read that this has happened il talk to the powers that be to make sure it is included in the briefs that "friendly fire is still a hit and take it as such".
        hA, hEY WATTSY, good good, Ill be there this weekend any how.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
          I never play the bang rule, one in the back is enough. Problem solved.
          Although i have advised someone to take it and walk away (he was led down in a bush, i was practically stood on top of him)
          Thats all well and good, but some sites have this as a rule set, so you would be in breach of the rules anyway.
          The site I play at has it as a rule because of the ranges at times were silly close.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            Thats all well and good, but some sites have this as a rule set, so you would be in breach of the rules anyway.
            The site I play at has it as a rule because of the ranges at times were silly close.
            Oh i understand that, in not gonna shootthem if if close enough to touch them, but i also dont see how i can walk into a room and shout bang, and kill everyone. No. I go into the room and kill as many as i can shoot.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xRH_TDra4#t=3m30s

This is a great example of good sportsmanship. I run up to a bunker, dive next to it, pop in one of the few grenades of the weekend (pyro shipment hadn't arrived on site that morning), only for the grenade not to go off. Being an excellent bunch, they all took the grenade hit and we won the bunker. Not a single case of poor sportsmanship all weekend to be honest.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

Worst - only my 2nd ever game - called a bang shot and player shot me at close range in the face closely followed by his friend also shooting me in the face at close range. This delightful duo then followed this up by swearing at me and continuing with the game.

Best _ almost everyone else - helpful, friendly, fun to be with and take their hits.

Comment

WORST: First time at Bolton First and Only yesterday. Was in a bunker and was the last man standing. About eight guys rushed me and surrounded the bunker. One said surrender so I said "I surrender" and put both my hand up in the air. Then three of the w@nkers laced into me for about five seconds. I said "whats the f@*king point!?" and they responded "we don't play surrender rule". Fair enough some people don't play the surrender kill, but seriously when a lone player is stuck in a hole surrounded by eight people is it really necessarily to waste the ammo firing one shot let alone a five second burst? That is probably some of the worst sportsmanship I have ever encountered.

BEST: I lost a magazine and a guy who I never even met before helped me look for it at lunch time. Apart from the bunker incident everyone at Bolton was great and we had a great day all-round.
                  For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                  Check out my other sales!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                    WORST: First time at Bolton First and Only yesterday. Was in a bunker and was the last man standing. About eight guys rushed me and surrounded the bunker. One said surrender so I said "I surrender" and put both my hand up in the air. Then three of the w@nkers laced into me for about five seconds. I said "whats the f@*king point!?" and they responded "we don't play surrender rule". Fair enough some people don't play the surrender kill, but seriously when a lone player is stuck in a hole surrounded by eight people is it really necessarily to waste the ammo firing one shot let alone a five second burst? That is probably some of the worst sportsmanship I have ever encountered.
                    Next time this happens I would report it to a marshall as serious overkill. You had already taken the hit and were by that point dead, surrender rules or not you were a dead man. If that happened to me I would of used the others as witnesses and had the players sin binned for a game or two.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Ive found certain marshalls to be a bit "iffy"

I wont mention the site but I went at the beginning of the month and was told nades were a kill radius of 3 body lenghs or 5 metres....im fine with that np at all

anyway im in a trench and i light up 2 out of the 3 with 5 round burst, they take the hit np then a nade lands about 30ft away from me....I stay where I am because im WAY out of range.

Marshall sees this then calls me dead....im mean WTF? I didnt argue and went back to respawn but I had the feeling her BF was the last one in the trench. I smell BS tbh
                      Also our teams respawn point was a good 5 min walk back...WAY to far compared to their team. Just felt their team had the much better positions on games all day long.
                      Also the Hire guns were so rough it was unreal, the gun my nephew had was a joke and had to be returned. I know they are well used but this was a joke.

Comment

If was this an F&O site? If so I reckon I know which Marshal your referring to.

Comment

the worst i have seen was at a skirmish 2 weeks ago this lad got shot at a close enough rage where the bang ruled applied. but rather than take the hit he got up and unloaded a full mag onto the lad that got him. should have been settled in a better way.
                          I don't care if you've lost half your men loose the other half.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1actual View Post
                            the worst i have seen was at a skirmish 2 weeks ago this lad got shot at a close enough rage where the bang ruled applied. but rather than take the hit he got up and unloaded a full mag onto the lad that got him. should have been settled in a better way.
                            The worst part was actually the fact that the initial shooter was quite a young 'lad' and the recipient was not ‘a lad’ but a grown man, who decided to totally over react, kick up a fuss, and use his AEG with the intent of inflicting pain after being neutralised from play, as if to enforce his own form of twisted on the spot justice.
                            He was being an absolute drama queen, if anything he should have took the kid to one side and warned him about the sites mandatory bang rule. But instead he demonstrated a total lack of self control and sportsmanship to the younger players. Particularly the poor kid he shot at.
                            The Hawaiian

Comment

Originally posted by Hadders View Post
                              The worst part was actually the fact that the initial shooter was quite a young 'lad' and the recipient was not ‘a lad’ but a grown man, who decided to totally over react, kick up a fuss, and use his AEG with the intent of inflicting pain after being neutralised from play, as if to enforce his own form of twisted on the spot justice.
                              He was being an absolute drama queen, if anything he should have took the kid to one side and warned him about the sites mandatory bang rule. But instead he demonstrated a total lack of self control and sportsmanship to the younger players. Particularly the poor kid he shot at.
                              I've seen some real contempt for younger players. Yeah there are some immature little pricks but there are some pretty immature 30 year olds too. Some people think because they are older it gives them a license to try things they would never get away with an older player. I'm so glad I was 20 when I started airsoft so I didn't have to mess about with two tones or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post

BEST: I lost a magazine and a guy who I never even met before helped me look for it at lunch time. Apart from the bunker incident everyone at Bolton was great and we had a great day all-round.
                                Please tell me you reported this? I know full well the surrender rule is used at F&O Bolton as it's been used on me. If you had told bibby or one of the other marshals they would have come down hard on those three fools!
                                Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X