Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermobaric grenade launching from a Revolving launcher

Not sure if this is the right place.

One of the guys at my site attempted to fire a thermobaric smoke grenade from his revolving launcher. The first attempt went well, the second not so much.

First attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWvIMLiyiuM

Second attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsegNJ94ZQk

Re: Thermobaric grenade launching from a Revolving launcher

That, Sir.....is hilarious!
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Love it! Would be great if it worked reliably!
      SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

Brilliant! After the first one I thought, might try that....
        After the second one I decided not to bother
        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Absolute genius :D

Mind you, I wouldn't have been staring down the barrel as it's on fire

Great vids though, cheers! :D

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Co2 would cut out the fire risk
            Originally posted by palmer234
            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve View Post
              Co2 would cut out the fire risk
              To quote his signature, Swerve talks sense.
              Would be great if you could find some way of keeping them in the revolving chamber, and somehow struck as they came out... As it is is pretty damn good though
              Others till I die

Comment

And that ladies and gents is why you do not attempt to fire live pyro out of any sort of launcher, not to mention the fact its against most sites rules and will see you banned.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
                  To quote his signature, Swerve talks sense.
                  Would be great if you could find some way of keeping them in the revolving chamber, and somehow struck as they came out... As it is is pretty damn good though
                  Swerve for president

I've seen people do this on site in videos from the US. I presume the laws are different over here?

Regardless of it being 'naughty', my God it looks fun

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                  Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

ROFL!!!!
                    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Ah Zippy, that ICS launcher of his is pretty awesome, saw him morter'ing it the other week at LAC.
                      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Right the thing you are doing wrong is not encasing the pyro. At my site we use mortars to fire thermo's. What you have to do is encase the thermo in a section of scaffolding the same length as the pyro and weld a piece of metal to the bottom and from there you can drop it down the mortar and it will fire but whats even more fun is the thermobaric smoke grenade when you fire them and the range you will get is about 30m-90m.
                        This video was taken in March and shows the mortar in use at 2:35 http://vimeo.com/21416844

Comment

Originally posted by 1eye View Post
                          Right the thing you are doing wrong is not encasing the pyro. At my site we use mortars to fire thermo's. What you have to do is encase the thermo in a section of scaffolding the same length as the pyro and weld a piece of metal to the bottom and from there you can drop it down the mortar and it will fire but whats even more fun is the thermobaric smoke grenade when you fire them and the range you will get is about 30m-90m.
                          This video was taken in March and shows the mortar in use at 2:35 http://vimeo.com/21416844
                          Awesome!
                          G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

My m79 sawn-off does this perfectly as many who play at mia know. With my big flat top kings arms grenade i get about 60m on average but it took a lot of testing to get it to be reliable

Comment

Wouldn't mind this being implemented in a game (if it wasn't so dangerous) would be a laugh.
                              SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cool-breeze87 Find out more about cool-breeze87
                              Working...
                              X