Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thermobaric grenade launching from a Revolving launcher

don't worry.
    I'm sure once some one has one fired at them and they have their ear drum permanently fooked, or they have them selfs blinded, god forbid.
    I'm sure all who think it's epic will soon agree with that.

yes it's epic but id take a wall of bbs from a moscat than an explosive fired at me any day of the week.

Comment

I dont really think its very different than lobbing one through a second story window. you cant see in, you might hit someone on the head or it might fall in their lap and cook their...Gentleman vegitables. :D

oh well. maybe if we actually didnt throw pyro's then we'd all be ok. After all, I'm pretty sure it states on Piro's "Strike cap. Drop. and retreat 5 meters" (or something along those lines.) Not "Strike cap, See Hi Cap hero, Throw at Hi cap hero,) Does that mean we are all going to just drop pyro's instead of throw them.....some how... i doubt it.
      sigpic
      BlackWing Mercenaries
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

i say this from experience and a friends melted m79.
        by all means do it.
        just remember if your using gas it can and some times will catch fire, thats a lot of money to blow up or melt if your launchers plastic.
        you saw the amount of flame in that vid,
        fun yes, dangerous yes :P

I'm not telling any one not to do it I'm simply saying if you,
        burn,
        blow up,
        deafen,
        blind,
        your self or some one else, please don't come back on here and moan about the dangers of this XD

Comment

Tyler you have no clue what you are on about. That launcher was plastic and survived. They are not illegal because they are used firing from "mortars" which can be just a metal pipe. He was experimenting at getting a bit more distance. And many airsoft sites use these in games.

Comment

It was on fire for quite a while and the ICS plastic isn't that great. I think you'd have to leave it a fair bit longer to melt the launcher barrel, in which case you deserve to write off your launcher.
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

This is my point. There is no way a barrel would melt unless you left it in a constant fire for a while. There isn't enough gas in a single grenade to do that.

Comment

yes,yes i completely missed the massive flame that didn't exist in that completely safe video, hum.
                well considering this is a forum based on Ground zero, and zero one.
                and your some ones introducing vids of a site that permits explosives to be fired about is bananas.

correct me if I'm wrong, doe's compressed gas explode? these moscart shells are not designed to withstand fire

and I'd advise any players at sites that perform this, think about they're welfare.

these are not toys, and actions like that will soon lead to some one getting hurt.

i recall a thread on here awhile back. BFGs are to be possibly banned was the thread.

if you want to be the reason these pyros are banned be my guest :D
                but don't complain when we're forbidden to use them.

i'd just rather not be the one to have a very hot pyro land on the off chance in my webbing, or land in such a way as to burn or set light to any of my kit.

if i don't know what I'm talking about next time you have a ball grenade or thermo keep hold of it, seeing as how safe they are or better yet hold it next to your head. my point being there you could fireing it and have it go off next to some ones face :3

Comment

That wasn't what he said, you claimed your friend's m79 was melted- all the gas in that launcher in the video burnt away harmlessly in a few seconds, and there was no melting.
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

They aren't hot. It's a smoke grenade that you launch. No more dangerous than throwing a pyro stick at someone. Thunderflash are they called? The long cardboard tubes that bang.

A BFG weighs quite a lot, these are as light as a standard 30 second smoke. Stop acting as if you know everything when it's clear you don't.

Comment

cool, from watching these vids i asume you have 0% common sense, and i would hope not to play in a skirmish with you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsegNJ94ZQk
                      is defiantly safe, considering the fact while your weapon is on fire you continue to pull the trigger adding more flammable gas to the mix. BTW how are your eye brows?

can any one rember why we now have ukara? oh thats right kids and others d***ing about with RIF'S

nun chuck yes and i understand this, I'm simply asking, and again
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsegNJ94ZQk
                      is that safe.
                      I'm not trying to be b****y or argue I'm just making sure every one thinking of doing this understands the off chance risk thats involved.

let alone if you dropped a thermo down your launcher and the moscart failed to go off,
                      i wouldn't be willing to see the effects that would have if it wet off inside the tube.

i how ever can see I'm getting no where and i have a marmite sandwich sat next to me calling my name so I'll let this be :P
                      Last edited by Tyler; 18 May, 2011, 01:51. Reason: spelling fail of the century

Comment

Number one it's not me firing. Number two, you notice how when it goes wrong he points it away from people and expells the gas quickly and then opens the action to prevent it from exploding.

I'm glad I won't ever skirmish with you because you obviously are a know it all who seems to think they know everything about everything.

Comment

To be fair Tyler has got a bit of a point- it's not the smartest of things to do, but it was an experiment- NOT in game, everyone was wearing eye pro, and the actual risks are pretty small. Let's just enjoy the funnies and not fall out over it

Comment

my apologies, and yes i did find it funny

Comment

The flames were so fast there wasn't a lot of risk of someone getting set on fire. When the fire starts coming out and the camera goes a bit wobbly is me jumping back because I felt the heat on my legs. I'm surprised I managed to keep it in frame.

And like nun-chuck said everyone was wearing eye protection and it wasn't during a game.

Comment

If the pyro doesn't launch. Simply point the barrel at the ground and shake the launcher...It just drops out.

I tried to launch thermos from a 203 using CO2 and found it funny but not as expected. For some reason it wouldn't launch.

One of my team mates however is very efficient at launching the dual vented tlsfx smokes. The newer smaller diameter ones are the perfect size. They do not explode and propane works well as a propellant.

He has a 203 under an M16. You do not need to have these shouldered when firing, which would be daft. It is fired into open ground to be used as a smoke screen.

Trying to launch pyro from a plastic barrel isn't the best of ideas though...lol.

I may suggest using single shot rather than multi though.
                                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cool-breeze87 Find out more about cool-breeze87
                                Working...
                                X