Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Yeah you're right tekno, should've been clearer about his stature i guess!haha Put it this way, this guy was really short and fat, kinda looking like the brittish army have let them selves go a bit
    Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
    Thats why i lopped mine off! :D

Comment

I must just say.
      Why on earth do people walk around brandishing there RIF's...

Why?
      The fact i dont drive and may have to either
      A. Use Public Transport
      B. Cycle to a site with guns/mags/ammo inside a bag strapped to back of custom bike rack (Made from an abandoned shopping trolley ! =D )

Has greatly influenced my choice in gear.
      I would love a Sig 550. But no i settled for the Sig 552 so it would fit in a holdall.
      Same with the G36c i have.
      And even my M41 SAR OFFIZIER G3. I would have LOVED a G3 Sg1 with the fold down bi-pod legs but then i know for a fact i might not have means of transporting it safely and not in view!...

(Y) for Compact weapons with foldable stocks =D
      WHO PUT NOS IN OPTIMUS' FUEL CELL?!?!?! http://discharges.org/rave/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darksidedsam View Post
        I would have LOVED a G3 Sg1 with the fold down bi-pod legs but then i know for a fact i might not have means of transporting it safely and not in view!...

(Y) for Compact weapons with foldable stocks =D
        Buy one of those long bags for fishing rods.
        sigpic

Comment

How about walking into a well known Petrol station chain in Bradford on a Sunday evening in full Desert DPM, I sear I've never seen a member of the Public in Bradford become so helpful so quick...

The other was again in Morrison's in Bradford one Game Day lunchtime (we normally get Morrison's pie counter to do the catering), DPM shirt, Dessie DPM Windprrofs, old stable belt, the Club chairman mentioned we got served quick...

Mind that was in Bradford where anything can happen...
          Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
            Buy one of those long bags for fishing rods.
            I have one upstairs. Just be a pain if ive gotta cycle to a site wouldnt it?
            Lol, Depends how stable you are on a bike.
            Its always the chavs that go past you, riding a pushbike (i say A as they might have nicked it! ) backwards, with no hands. Maybe they could join the circus? lol
            WHO PUT NOS IN OPTIMUS' FUEL CELL?!?!?! http://discharges.org/rave/
            sigpic

Comment

Not the weirdest thing but the most irritating.

Was coming back from a skirmish today in the rangerover when it run out of lpg so switched to petrol only to find the pump had given up the ghost so i called the missus to come get me and take me to the workshop where the bosses defender is kept.
              So i hitch car trailer up to the defender and head off but when i got to my motor i found that its too big for the trailer (offroader so has BIG tyres) so i take trailer back and just get a mate to sit in the rangie whilst i towed it back.

Then have to take mate home so just use bosses defender which also runs out of lpg and then runs out of petrol but luckily i wasnt taking any chances and drained some 2stroke out of the motocross bike into a jerry can before we left so that wasnt too bad.
              Then finally when we made it to the petrol station we got some very strange looks as it was halloween fancy dress at the site we went to so seeing 2 blokes in dirty camo's with faces painted like zombies on the forecourt was viewed as generally out of the norm :D
              Roses are red,
              Violets are blue,
              In soviet russia,
              Poem reads you!

Comment

Necropost to share a recent story..

I was going to an airsoft training session on Sunday. I was travelling down on the train the night before, and meeting my friends at a nightclub. I was obviously carrying my RIFs with me, in a gun bag with the stitched "Swiss Arms Softair Guns" logo on it.

As I queued to get in, I tried to think of what to tell the door security staff that wouldn't alarm them. Some clown behind me pipes up:
                "'Ere, mate, wossin yer bag? A Gitarr?"
                "Urhm, no. It's, uhm, fishing rods....." I reply, trying not to draw any more attention.
                "Owright, is that so you can pull?"
                "Hilarious," I reply, dryly.
                At this point, someone in the queue behind me cheers. I look behind to see a police van tucked down the side of the club, with a TV crew inside, filming out at the crowds. By now I'm bricking it, I'm next in the queue for a busy club in a well-to-do town, with what could easily be mistaken as deadly weapons in my bags, and the police and TV crew are looking right on, and the doorman will ask to look inside my bags any minute now.
                "Can I look inside your bags, please." Says the doorman. This is no request, it's an order.
                Hmm, how can I put this without becoming a corpse, laying on Guildford High Street, having been shot by the local Flying Squad?
                "I'm happy for you to look inside my bags, but before you do, I need to warn you that I'm participating in a military simulation tomorrow, and am carrying realistic toy guns in my bags. You're welcome to look at them, but I'd prefer if we do it somewhere a little less public."
                the doorman looked a little stunned, and asked me to re-iterate what I'd told him. He then went and got his manager, who I explained the situation to.
                "Yeah, no worries, mate, come on in! Don't worry, I won't ask you to take them out, we'll just put them in the cloakroom."

So, in the end, I didn't have to pay the door entry fee, only paid a small cloakroom fee, and I didn't get shot.
                Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Wow even though they let you in, that's not the most responsible thing to do :P
                  WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

why would you show up at the nightclub with any of your gear? surely you had time to drop it off at a friends house or something?
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

and what nightclub would let you store a bag without actually looking in it? especially as you have said it has imitation weapons in there! the cloakroom isn't exactly hard to get in to if you had any weapons in the bag
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Perhaps the manager knew of airsoft. I have a pub near me where alot of the staff are softers. I recently sold one of the managers a pistol
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                          Perhaps the manager knew of airsoft. I have a pub near me where alot of the staff are softers. I recently sold one of the managers a pistol
                          yeah but I can't imagine any nightclub manager taking someone on their word without confirming the actual contents of the bag.

Comment

On the way to a airsoft game me and my mates stopped in tescos, to get some cash and food for lunch and dinner.
                            Well to save space in my mates car the 5 of us wear all our tactical gear.

We were all dressed in black gear with S10 gas masks around our neck and me wearing mine. We kinda walked into tescos as line and soon as we entered the looks we got were priceless. And i think i scared the shit out of cashier girl.

I once fell asleep on the way back from a skirmish to find my mates had tied me to a chair (im a very heavy sleeper). And they had placed a BB grenade in the ropes the held my hands together so if i tried to untie my hands KA-BOOM. I have never move for so long.
                            Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
                            Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
                            sigpic

Comment

That'd be funny until you got a nice trip to A+E with burns to your hands.
                              WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                                why would you show up at the nightclub with any of your gear? surely you had time to drop it off at a friends house or something?
                                All of my friends were at the club already, so there was nowhere else I could have left it.

It obviously wasn't an ideal situation, and I wouldn't do it again, but there wasn't really any other option.
                                Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X