Pictures of you British Army Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures of you British Army Helmets

So the rubber band that i normally use around my lid , is an old mtb innertube cut in half and wrapped around my lid and held together by duct tape.
    However the duct tape always gets unsticky and the inner tube just falls of my helmet .
    So i heard people used nbc boots . Having looked on the bay , the shipping prices are ridiculous.
    Then i heard about land rover inner tubes which are 16" .
    So my question is could i just buy a 16" bike innter tube and remove the valve and then wrap it on my lid or do i have to get a car 16""inner tube?n
    Please not i have also mad a thread of this but im lookin to get an answer .
    Oh and i am not keen on webtex band .

Comment

Originally posted by curlyrocks View Post
      So the rubber band that i normally use around my lid , is an old mtb innertube cut in half and wrapped around my lid and held together by duct tape.
      However the duct tape always gets unsticky and the inner tube just falls of my helmet .
      So i heard people used nbc boots . Having looked on the bay , the shipping prices are ridiculous.
      Then i heard about land rover inner tubes which are 16" .
      So my question is could i just buy a 16" bike innter tube and remove the valve and then wrap it on my lid or do i have to get a car 16""inner tube?n
      Please not i have also mad a thread of this but im lookin to get an answer .
      Oh and i am not keen on webtex band .
      It should work, although the rubber will be different I imagine. Why don't you just use scapa tape? You can get some online for about £10 delivered!

Comment

So as you may know , im going for a 2007 british army afghanistan loadout .So should i have elastics on the helmet cover or not?

Comment

So as you may know , im going for a 2007 british army afghanistan loadout .So should i have elastics on the helmet cover or not?
          Yes you should. Most people only cut off their elastics due to the heat damaging the elastic causing them to become saggy.

Comment

Curlyrocks - get a kids bike tyre inner tube (8" diameter should do) and then a puncture repair kit. Cut it to size and then glue it using the puncture repair glue It's what I did in OTC, worked a treat!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              Curlyrocks - get a kids bike tyre inner tube (8" diameter should do) and then a puncture repair kit. Cut it to size and then glue it using the puncture repair glue It's what I did in OTC, worked a treat!
              Or scapa tape. You can get a roll of eBay for about £10.

Comment

This is one I had, got it from a guy who returned from Afghan and wore it like this. The UK flag is reflective, used like glint tape.

helmet.jpg
                helmet.jpg
                mk7 2.JPG
                mk7 3.jpg

Comment

Could you show I a photo of it ? Anyway I got a lawn mower inner tube ( thicker than bike inner tube so more like NBC boot ) and sewed it so it can now stretch over the rim

- - - Updated - - -

@Rich83 really nice helmet but I thought I was not allowed to spray the helmets as it ruins the ballistic properties of the helmet ...

Comment

Could you show I a photo of it ? Anyway I got a lawn mower inner tube ( thicker than bike inner tube so more like NBC boot ) and sewed it so it can now stretch over the rim

- - - Updated - - -

@Rich83 really nice helmet but I thought I was not allowed to spray the helmets as it ruins the ballistic properties of the helmet ...
                    Where on earth have you heard that? I've never heard that in 11 years army, and there are plenty of people that spray their helmets up. In fact, the things get soaking wet when it rains!!

Oh hang on a minute. I wonder if this is people getting confused with layered Kevlar needing to be kept away from moisture? Old Kevlar panels/vests never used to come in sealed liners to keep moisture out. You couldn't spray or wash those as that's a soft armour and is affected by moisture, but all Kevlar inserts etc are required to be sealed inside a moisture resistant layer now anyway.

Comment

My Mk6
                      NVG mount remade from the MICH 2000

Comment

This is my Steel Para Helmet: 68 Pattern Smock Hood Cover, Scrim Net, Inner Tube Band

Comment

right guys, I'm looking at doing a 3 Para 16th AA OP Herrick 13 2010/11 load out but I am stuck on how to kit out the helmet

Now I've done the choc chip load out (below) but not sure if its correct as seen them also use the mtp, green net variation too, so opinions please guys.

Comment

It looks like you can leave it at that . Actually looks really good ....
                            An update for my helmet is I have ordered some proper ess v12 and NBC boot .

Comment

cheers fella.
                              I was going use the nbc boot, but found out that they use 4 tonne inner tube.
                              Which was great as had 1 kicking about in the shed to use. so cut a slither off for this helmet and then used the rest for a helmet band on my para helmet.

Comment

Could we have a glimpse of you para helmet ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                                Working...
                                X