SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Interesting to see in one pic the guy on the far right seems to be wearing a WWII era windproof converted with a full zip. I know these were worn as a 'gucci' fashion item in the 70s and 80s and that even by GW1 they were still being issued out but to see them *still* being used it pretty cool..

Considering those smocks were first issued in 1942!

Comment

Which one Gadge? im not seeing it mate
      Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SBS Rusty View Post

extreme right holding a sprayed 203

Comment

I could be wrong but looks like one to me, it gots four pockets, the right sort of hood and the really common 80s added on central zip

Comment

I see what you mean, very much like SAS GW1 style smock ie the 1940s one. They did do them in 4 colours and that's one of them.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yup, i've got a four colour one. Mine is 40s pattern so doesnt have the zip. The zips started being put in by the French Foreign Legion in the first indochina war, we sold em loads of windproof suits and they retailored them. By the 70s it was a common mod in sas and sbs units.

Comment

Ah right, i see what you mean now man. Yeah certainly looks like one. I could be wrong mate but i think thats actually the old Arktis Stowaway shirt. It certainly looks like it in this one too.

Originally posted by Captain Price View Post
                Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Loving this thread, as another lover of the simple old skool loadout, I run an Artkis chest rig with either well worn DPM windproofs or walking trousers and Buffalo shirt. I'm no geardo either way but after some time in the mob I just enjoy finding cheap and simple kit that works.

These ref pics are great, some really acheivable looks for next to no pennies - love it

Comment

Yep, i always find 'sas' loadouts that are dripping in winged daggers and ridiculously expensive kit quite amusing given that the wearers are usually trying to replicate a unit that go out of there way not to be conspicuous and are equipped by the MOD who have never been *that* good at providing amazing kit, even to 'them'.

I was chatting to John Mac at a lightfighter event years ago and he was doing room clearance training and a group of lads were there in black tac vests and leg holsters and sand berets with winged daggers and i said 'doesnt that bother you?', he said 'no i just find it really funny'.

Comment

Yeah I've got a mate who spent an hour laughing to the point of tears with some of the comments and stuff.
                      I think he would actually be pretty impressed with this though.
                      It's all about the detail is normally the argument, my argument is, it all still looks like new kit.
                      I do love what the OP has achieved though and love the fact many more people are interested because the cost isn't that of a black market kidney.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Speaking of the SAS & going off topic slightly, if anyones really interested in the kit of this era you might want to consider an impression of the SAS in 'Operation Trent', also in Afghanistan '01. This was around the same time as these SBS pictures. Dont worry, same kit as the SBS except id say slightly more emphasis on temperate & ddpm shirts, smocks & trousers (not exactly gucci kit) as it was a broad daylight assault on an Al Qaeda base, using 2 full Sabre Squadrons.

Never heard of it?

http://www.eliteukforces.info/specia...eration-trent/

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                          I agree.

As a little sidenote, whilst I respect the time and effort gone into the other type of loadout, I didn't appreciate having credibility called into question, just a shame I'm not allowed to show the evidence pictures I've been shown, they aren't release authorised.
                          Another thing is the other type of loadout is anywhere upto 5 years out of date due to the MoD and the official secrets act.
                          Protip here chief, if you don't want your credibility called into question, don't talk rubbish.

5 years out of date? There are several pictures of UKSF from 2012 alone out there. Quite a lot in fact. Nothing to do with official secrets act. It's called Press photographers.

Here are a couple that were fairly easy to obtain from regular news outlets:

SFSG:

SBS:

I really don't care if you like pretending you're all super secret sneaky security clearance wizard or whatever. It would be easier to take you seriously if half the stuff you say wasn't obviously complete horse manure. If you don't appreciate having your credibility called into question, try getting some by making some statements that aren't so easy to poke holes in for people who genuinely know what they're talking about.

Again your comments on the other thread about acquisitions and how you assume Yanks and Brits can acquire each others kits just shows how little you actually know on the subject. I'm not actually trying to pick an argument with you, I conceded you might well know someone at Poole, but the fact of the matter is your stories have more holes in them than a sponge.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's walts.
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                            extreme right holding a sprayed 203
                            AG36 mate

Btw sorry for anyone who didn't see the other thread and thinks I'm just randomly kicking off. Like Ben said, there are lots of people crying Wolf about. Thankfully they're usually fairly easy to spot.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
                              AG36 mate
                              Nah, it's a spas-12 UGL.

I'm Red Army Spetsnaz, trust me
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

For crying out loud here we go again. There's always someone who has to be right.

Great looking kit you've got there Price!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                                Working...
                                X