SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

I knew a bloke, who's next door neighbour's sister's friend went out with a bloke who's mate's big brother knew someone who once went on holiday to Rockley Sands, and he saw someone who might have been in the SBS.

Good loadout.

As for Walting, I'm walting it as a Salvation Army tuba player.
    Chicks dig the uniform. And the tambourine.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
      Protip here chief, if you don't want your credibility called into question, don't talk rubbish.

5 years out of date? There are several pictures of UKSF from 2012 alone out there. Quite a lot in fact. Nothing to do with official secrets act. It's called Press photographers.

Here are a couple that were fairly easy to obtain from regular news outlets:

SFSG:

SBS:

I really don't care if you like pretending you're all super secret sneaky security clearance wizard or whatever. It would be easier to take you seriously if half the stuff you say wasn't obviously complete horse manure. If you don't appreciate having your credibility called into question, try getting some by making some statements that aren't so easy to poke holes in for people who genuinely know what they're talking about.

Again your comments on the other thread about acquisitions and how you assume Yanks and Brits can acquire each others kits just shows how little you actually know on the subject. I'm not actually trying to pick an argument with you, I conceded you might well know someone at Poole, but the fact of the matter is your stories have more holes in them than a sponge.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's walts.
      And those press pictures have to go through the MoD before release because of operational security.
      Also to call me out as Walt you need evidence to prove what I say is a lie, which its not. Even a standard unit phot course/ships phot course covers most of these aspects in detail.
      If you think UK and US aren't sharing bits of kit you are sadly mistaken.
      It is frustrating that the pictures needed to prove you as wrong cant be published publicly due to clearance from the unit personnel and and MoD has been given. If you would like to call me out as a Walt I could give you my service number and place of work if you want and you can phone my sergeant or sergeant major for proof, I could also bore you with my career rundown including people and groups I've worked with over the last twelve years.
      Do yourself a favour panyo and do one instead of ruining a thread with your 'all knowing knowledge' from google.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Here we go again. Who would have thought that this thread could get so badly derailed as well. So lets stop it right now!
        There is a difference between open source press pics which is what Nun has used, which tbh, could be any made up cobblers by the photographer who, like eBay, pushed them out as SF because he wanted more of a commission! Those pics could be anyone - sas, SBS, seals, who ever. They are open source and take them with a pinch of salt.
        Sean is right because official pics will be old because of either OAS and more likely Crown Copyright which is what applies to all mod pics from SF ones to the station families day ie the Crown owns the rights to the pics and if they don't grant you the rights to publish those pics then you can't publish them. So, as Sean says, the likelihood is that any official ones will be out of date - not sure how long crown copyright lasts for.
        Either way, lets not go down this rabbit warren again just like the old UKSF thread because it will only p1$$ people off.
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I didn't get those pictures 'from Google'. I got them from another forum where people actually know what they're talking about . I didn't say at any point that US and UK don't share the odd bit of kit, you originally claimed UKSF were being issued items and then made claims about the procurement process which showed how much you're talking out of your backside. Those photographs didn't come through the MOD either as they were from the Kabul incidents this year- hardly '5 years out of date'. They've been corroborated elsewhere, which I could link you to if zeroin actually allowed me to.

Anyway apologies to Captain Price, didn't mean to derail your thread. You have a great looking loadout there. Mods, if you want to delete my posts so as not to detract from the OP I'm gonna butt out.
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Sod this drama all the time im gonna call my next load out a "Millets loadout" to save any hassle

Comment

Loving the loadout price, as a couple of people have mentioned it isn't all gucci kit but seems to do the job, as all of the loadouts you have done seem to.

Thanks for sharing, it genuinely has given me more ideas (which is bad, very bad, swmbo will not be impressed with you making me want to buy more stuff!).
              sigpic

Comment

It's a b1tch when that happens isn't it?
                Although its one of those loadouts that doesn't have to cost the earth which is even nicer.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

what are the vests that everyones wearing?

Comment

I'm definitely going to have to get around to doing the nice simple loadout, this looks so much more comfy than the PC/gucci kit route! I'd also like to know which vest you have Price?

Comment

OP here, STOP THIS SILLINESS NOW!!!! Don't care where pictures were or were not found, and neither does anybody else on here, its irrelevant... If you don't like it then you know where to go...

As for the vest, I bought it from my local hiking store: Yeomans. They have a website, but the vest wasn't on there.

Extremely similar ones can be picked up from a certain online auction site if you type 'Fishing Jacket'

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                      what are the vests that everyones wearing?
                      Do you mean the rigs or the fishing jackets? The rigs are ARKTIS chest rigs

Comment

Excellent cheers Price I'll end up getting one of those for a nice lightweight loadout!

Comment

nope i meant the fishing jacket cheers pricey

does anyone know what the real ones are? would love some space for m4 mags lol

Comment

The vests worn by the SBS guys in the original jail siege pictures are Sigtacs iirc, really difficult to get hold of now but if you want a good copy Woolrich make a couple of decent versions. Abaddon101's got one.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

I believe blackhawk make some decent ones too, but they cost around £70 iirc...

Comment

nice one fellas i think il have a look see :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                                Working...
                                X