SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SBS inspired hiking gear loadout

Very good, but to me there's nothing that particularly says FAC - but the pakoul is a good touch, more US than UK.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

I admit itīs a bit hard to see, but in the Munro is Radio with the thick rod sticking out standing in for the dualband antenna, also there is a H250/U on the Pack as well as maps, gps and rangefinder in the Munro.

About Pakol, i actually thought the exact same thing when i packed for the day :D

Comment

In 2001, some bright spark deployed four of us to Bagram. When I say "us", I mean LC Coxswains as support for our web footed friends. (To be honest, we did sod all, minced about the airfield, and nicked American MRE's. Blokes who drive Landing Craft were somewhat redundant in the middle of a landlocked country. Never mind, it meant we got a shiny medal to impress birds with each Nov 11th) Our blokes didn't really go for the "going native" thing in the same way as the Americans. Plus, locally bought clobber was absolutely honking of goats and the like. And anyone going native tends to get the p**s taken out of them by the saner members.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Yeah I kinda noticed that it wasnt that big a thing with UKSF as it was with USSF. I might pick up a Cap or something or just let my Hair flow in the wind :D

Comment

Beanie

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              Sod this drama all the time im gonna call my next load out a "Millets loadout" to save any hassle
              I love that! Haha great post
              wanted selex ct1

Comment

Well, having an L119A1 im finally getting into the 21st Century when it comes to doing a UKSF impression. So heres what I went with...

SBS Qala-I-Jangi Afghanistan 2001

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                  Yup, i've got a four colour one. Mine is 40s pattern so doesnt have the zip. The zips started being put in by the French Foreign Legion in the first indochina war, we sold em loads of windproof suits and they retailored them. By the 70s it was a common mod in sas and sbs units.

can anyone tell me what make the knife is- I am sure I seen them in the 1980s. Thanks.

Comment

It's an 'altai/altor' (i cant remember the name of it off hand) 'jungle king mkii' iirc . Was given to me by an ex Royal Marine friend who used it during his years of service.

- - - Updated - - -

Right i cant link you to where to buy them do to the sites crazy and draconian policies but... here is what the write up on the Altai Jungle King MKII says

They cost about Ģ120 btw

"Aitor knives have been around for quite some time, they started making knives in 1939 and are still going strong so I think they know what they are doing.

They have had many products issued to NATO troops including the Spanish, Germans and Dutch. They are more rugged than many other products on the market and are well worth the money. With Aitor you certainly know what you get and if a country has been issuing products to their Military personnel for some time then you know you are getting a good piece of kit as squaddies are known to break everything!!

The Jungle King is one of Aitors most famous knives and has been tried and tested over many years and never come up wanting. Normally most people try to avoid hollow handle knives as they think they are inherently weak but when you have a company that make products for the Military and have been making this type of product successfully for many years then you know you can trust it. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE AWFUL CHINESE COPIES!!

The Jungle King II has a 135mm blade that has a very effective saw back and comes with an excellent multifunction storage sheath and survival kit within the handle. The sheath also converts to become a very useful catapult.

It includes the following survival accesories: Fishing kit, Sewing kit, Scalpel, Nippers, Pencil, Compass, Mangesium pill, Pills capsule, SOS symbols, Signal mirror, Ruler, Latex tubes (for the catapult amongst other things), Nylon cord, Multitool skinning knife.

The sheath is very nice indeed, it is made from Cordura and ABS plastic and can be carried in various ways. It has a great additional plastic container built in which carries some of the survival kit and is cord wrapped so you know you alwyas have a piece with you.

We like this one, it is well designed, tough and will last you a lifetime. It again comes with a lifetime guarantee against materials and workmanship and is a product that will serve you well in the field and won't break the bank doing it."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                    Working...
                    X