ARU Police loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ARU Police loadout

I personally am bothered by the ultra-macho look so many of the photos show. If this reflects their underlying mindset it suggests enjoying scaring the s**t out of the public and shoot first ask questions later.....maybe you shouldn't do your planned scenario, might just find the real deal guys raiding you!

Comment

Just been chatting to a couple of armed officers at a local open day.

Dyfed Powys are being funded by the Home Office AT department to keep an, almost permanent, armed unit out on the water around the Milford Haven/Pembroke power station, LNG storage plants and oil refineries. They're running around in police RIBs with a couple of hoofing great outboards and have had "some training" (as it was put to me) in boarding techniques.

Weapons wise:

H&K G36c (markings on the receiver were G36K) with a 4xACOG, grip pod and laser site.
      Glock 17.
      H&K L104A1 Baton gun
      Remington 870 shotgun with reflex site.
      Taser X26.

Excuse the poor phone camera shots.

sigpic

Comment

Nice looking kit they have there. Pretty much the same as our force....incidentally, someone mentioned the MK23 is being primarily used as the holstered weapon. The neighbouring three forces around us still solely use H&K G36C and Glock 17.

Comment

• Baton gun is sooo 3 years ago dear fellow.
          AEP Launcher nowdays.
          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Not seen anything on an AEP Launcher before can you show us a pic? it sounds interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by 1st_shooter View Post
              Not seen anything on an AEP Launcher before can you show us a pic? it sounds interesting!
              according to this PDF
              AEP launcher = baton gun.
              different name for the same thing.
              Not actually a builder
              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

oh ok, in that case that's just lame :p

Comment

• They changed the name awhile back. Instructors get very sniffy if we still call it the baton gun. Still a baton gun though.
                  Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                  Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Ok guys ARV loadout ive got a X26 taser coming "dummy" and thinking I can cast a few off this bad boy, if anyone fancys a copy please pm me. They will need to be painted and cost around £25 each so let me know of interest so I can get an idea of costs.
                    Cheers Tac

Comment

• Any ideas what they will be cast from? Plaster of Paris? :D
                      Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Looks like armed officers in Thames Valley are using MP5s still. I was in the local station last night and there was a PC with a pistol (glock maybe), and a leather pouch for a 30 round 9mm magazine.

Comment

dunno where to put this but would any of you guys be interested in my DEA agent rig? I need a taser and a cs gas canister and the handcuffs but other than that I am sorted. body armour is a rough approximation but it looks ok in my eyes. so would it be ok to post it here?

Comment

Yea go for it. DEA is just Armed Response, albeit a different form.
                            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I am doing the field agent look not the tooled up swat look so will be not particularly heavily armed.

Comment

Doesn't matter

I'm going to work on a more subdued loadout, like a patrol look.
                                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X