Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ARU Police loadout

Originally posted by 1st_shooter View Post
    It’s worth adding to this extendable batons are considered Offensive Weapons and also prohibited which means only authorised persons are allowed to own them ie Police, Prisons etc. Even if you have one in your own home it is still prohibited and you would be committing an offence.

@Crasstoe
    The best replicas I have seen have been made out of extendable fishing rods.
    I was never going to buy one, just interested as I can only find them for Police Address Delivery

The rod idea is genius... I shall investigate!
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Why wouldn't he have an extendable baton?
      Why hide it would be my question.

They are available for sale everywhere.

A few years ago they were made prohibited weapons. So completely illegal to make, import, sell, lend, buy and possess etc (Much like RIFS? More strict though).

As he's explained, they are for sale but only for authorised people - I.e Warranted officers and can only be sent to a Police Address (Stations, HQ etc).

The spray is a section five firearm - that's why I was curious But it may or may not be real, and if you are authorised to have it then all is fine.

Comment

Spray again is S5 and again prohibited to anyone who isn’t authorised. I wouldn’t compare them to RIF restrictions myself as even if you owned one before they were classified as prohibited you are still committing the offence and should of handed it in for destruction when they were re-classified. Hope that helps

Comment

Yep I agree with the comparison - like I say the laws are much more strict.

But you see them for sale online - doesn't mean you can buy them Like rifs perhaps? Just a rough comparison maybe :p

Comment

Where does MACE stand? You can buy various american "pepper sprays" which liken themselves to CS, although I suspect they are nowhere near as potent?

Not buying any, just curious.
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

• My apologies.
              Yes there are loads for sale online, however mainly from the US :D

Guess the night recovery driver I know could be in some deep do do if plod found his one in his toolbox then.

Comment

Yes - he'd get a fair bollocking I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                  Where does MACE stand? You can buy various american "pepper sprays" which liken themselves to CS, although I suspect they are nowhere near as potent?

Not buying any, just curious.
                  You can't buy them in the UK. Highly illegal.

The only thing which comes close is self defence spray, which is either a strong jet of stinky liquid or a purple dye.

Comment

Where are you guys gettings your POLICE badges from? I have some myself but I prefer the white on black to the shiny blue plastic versions I have.

Comment

eBay is where mine came from. A seller in Poland
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Brilliant thanks mate.

Comment

Mace sprays are sold just like a pair of socks in the US. You see them hung up by tills in running and sports shops lol.

My cousin recently came over from the US and brought some mace with her in her luggage. She didn't get stopped but she freaked out when I told her how illegal it is over here ha ha.

Comment

Found this on google if an image ever deserved a caption its this one:
                            #

Im just going with a simple "YOUR MUM!"

Comment

"I told you I wanted to make the button badge order. I knew you'd mess it up. This won't even nearly fit next to my Nirvana badge on my bag"

Comment

"How can YOU say MY vest is too small for me?!"
                                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X