Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Originally posted by jonglow View Post
    Yes thank you done my time joined up in 1990 with the light infantry in Winchester posted to 1st battalion light infantry (now 5th rifles) served over the world.
    Insignia is not relivent to game play,military training is not easy and takes blood sweat and tears to do when your finished your cap badge is a badge of honour and has show you have what it takes and as you progress through the ranks each honour additional qulification you EARN shows your commitment to you chosen profession.
    Point to note, LI didnt even wear a TRF. Neither did we till this bigger one came out. Our badge is unique, but at the end of the day its just a peice of metal. Cadets dont earn their rank, cap badges or stable belts but they still wear them.

I might change my TRF for a REME one and pretend im a VM as I got a badge for changing a tyre in scouts badges are just badges... We hate sewing them on and they mean nothing to us....unless youre one of those that held back the 3rd shock army and is bitter to not have done any proper soldiering?

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
      Point to note, LI didnt even wear a TRF. Neither did we till this bigger one came out. Our badge is unique, but at the end of the day its just a peice of metal. Cadets dont earn their rank, cap badges or stable belts but they still wear them.

I might change my TRF for a REME one and pretend im a VM as I got a badge for changing a tyre in scouts badges are just badges... We hate sewing them on and they mean nothing to us....unless youre one of those that held back the 3rd shock army and is bitter to not have done any proper soldiering?
      Cadets DO earn their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post

I might change my TRF for a REME one and pretend im a VM as I got a badge for changing a tyre in scouts badges are just badges... We hate sewing them on and they mean nothing to us....unless youre one of those that held back the 3rd
        shock army and is bitter to not have done any proper soldiering?
        Done plenty of real soldiering why did you bother joining your unit if your not proud to wear the uniform cap badge And know its history and about those who went before you.i have done my service and was proud to wear the uniform and would not concider wearing any cap badge beret or insignia I haven't earnt by putting the time in to earn it.sounds like you joined up for the wrong reasons which is unfortunate even in my time there were those who didn't want to be in and became tickers and wingers

Comment

Originally posted by hi there :) View Post
          Cadets DO earn their ranks.
          They wear british army ranks, theh dont do cic/junior or senior brecon or corps equivelent. Going on a two week camp doing at isnt exactly the same

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jonglow View Post
          Done plenty of real soldiering why did you bother joining your unit if your not proud to wear the uniform cap badge And know its history and about those who went before you.i have done my service and was proud to wear the uniform and would not concider wearing any cap badge beret or insignia I haven't earnt by putting the time in to earn it.sounds like you joined up for the wrong reasons which is unfortunate even in my time there were those who didn't want to be in and became tickers and wingers
          I never said I wasnt proud to wear it, but at the end of the day its just a peice of metal. Its the mates, memories and history that really matter.

People can wear whatever they want, wings/berets/flashes etc. Who are you or me to dictate what people wear? We dont live in Afghan where women were made to wear burkhas, we live in a free country.

There is a huge difference between a true walt and someone wearing some pretty badges.

Comment

Chill out this thread was started by asking what people think I gave my opinion and reason behind it.you can't say who am I to dictate to people what they wear then turn around and say we live in a free country,and your saying I don't have the right to say what people wear I never said I did people will always wear what they want my opinion is as I explainded above.by you saying I don't have the right to say my opinion is that not saying I don't have the right to freedom of speech

Comment

this appears to be going the way of every other "wearing insignia" based thread thats ever been online, suggest mods close it now because theres never gonna be agreement.
              & yes, most posters have reasonable points for authenticity or genuine service etc, but this is a contentious issue, made worse when some people have turned out at sites wearing cap badges etc, & proceeded to act like total cnuts..........thats the bigger issue: RESPECT for the insignia & what its history entails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
                For example I saw a guy in my local McDonalds with all his gear on before our local game. He had on a para load out and wore all his MTP gear, with badges etc. It wasn't until I saw him at the site that I realised he was an air softer and asked him if he'd served. He hadn't and just liked the loud out, which is fine, but don't wear it out on civvie street swanning about like you've just got back from the line!!
                Liked the loadout a bit too much. That smacks of Waltism and the fact that he thought he looked cool and could pull women. Suprised he hadn't "forgotten" to take his dropleg holster off
                sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I don't care if you wear SAS, SBS, PF, Salvation Army or Brownies rank.
                  Actually, if you rocked up wearing the last, that would make I laugh. And I like laughing. It's one of the reasons I PLAY airsoft. I never shot anyone in my time in. I would have, I imagine, if needed to but as I was not called to, I didn't. Milsim isn't my thing, I'm very retrosoft because it lets this middle aged man pretend he's 19 for a day every so often, before I go home and listen to a houseful of hormonal scary women.
                  Wear what you want. Don't pretend to be something you're not. Have fun. Stop getting upset.

(I've said it before, I'm not really a middle aged overweight civil servant. I'm a 17 year old blonde cheerleader called Candi. With a little heart over the "I". It's the internet, we can be what the hell we want. Within reason)
                  Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                    I don't care if you wear SAS, SBS, PF, Salvation Army or Brownies rank.
                    Actually, if you rocked up wearing the last, that would make I laugh. And I like laughing. It's one of the reasons I PLAY airsoft. I never shot anyone in my time in. I would have, I imagine, if needed to but as I was not called to, I didn't. Milsim isn't my thing, I'm very retrosoft because it lets this middle aged man pretend he's 19 for a day every so often, before I go home and listen to a houseful of hormonal scary women.
                    Wear what you want. Don't pretend to be something you're not. Have fun. Stop getting upset.
                    Spot on, pretty much the same here. Although to a degree the pretending to be something you're not is alright in the context of 'the game' but you need to be able to turn it off in the safezone and the trip home.

- - - Updated - - -

I was actually going to have some SASF (salvation army special forces) patches made up once and try and convince people we parachute into slum areas at night, covertly distribute soup, deploy a few strategically placed psalms and then are extracted out at dawn by skyhook with god on the pulling end....

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
                      I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or not...? :/
                      Sorry Nickona was a bit vague basically I was trying to say those who wear insignia/patches for realism of loadout do they also use the sa80 aegs with 30 round real caps as well as real weight armour inside their vest/plate carrier if so then yes they are being as real to the guys on the ground as possible and their argument for wearing insignia/patches is valid

Comment

Well. then that's Milsim. I know of a couple of companies who are VERY Milsim, to the point of WMIKS and Snatch. Not my thing really, if I wanted to do that I'd have stayed in or joined the RMR.
                        As it is, I do wear a badge, and it's only entitled to be worn by a select group. We turn up, unannounced, and partake in online picnics to defuse internet hardmennery. We are anonymous in the main, but we will never be dissuaded and are never beaten.
                        Battenburg anyone?
                        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Tea anyone?
                          Or something with a little more punch?
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Afternoon off. Got any Guinness?

Comment

Sports afternoon :-)

Comment

Off into town. Haircut run.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X