Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wearing British Army insignia in airsoft?

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
    Yeah its normally easy to spot a mile of and certainty when they start talking.

The hard ones to catch are ACF instructors playing 'war hero'.
    Yes, very true, unless you know they're a walt who was acf or spent 5 minutes in the T.A.

Comment

I won't wear insignia's until I have earn't mine. It is disrespect to serving members who have done the real thing to wear their ranks in honour. My uncle passed down his WO1 ranks because he thought I did re-enactment; but I refused on grounds that HE had earned them and deserved to wear them with pride, not me. I don't deserve it, until I have had to endure what all serving members have had to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
        Airsoft is a game, a simulation.

IMO I don't think there's anything wrong at all with folk wanting to dress up in the right gear. It's no different to playing a computer game and the character you control is a member of the forces, or playing football in your favorite team's strip and in your head pretending you are your favorite player?

If a member of the forces, or ex forces, has a problem with it I'd compare it to a member of Manchester United, let's imagine Ryan Giggs, walking in a park and he sees some blokes in Man Utd shirts and has a go at them telling them they are not Man Utd players and have no right to be wearing the uniform?
        You have to remember that Ryan giggs gets payed an awful lot from people wearing copy's of his kit

Owner of DCS
        (Doom custom shooters)
        PM me for Custom work!

Comment

I'm ex military and to be completely honest, before my first game I was reluctant to go because of all the uniforms and badges that people might be wearing. Now that I play and I see that most are just guys that want to replicate a certain look, I have no problem at all with it, as long as it is for airsoft. For example I saw a guy in my local McDonalds with all his gear on before our local game. He had on a para load out and wore all his MTP gear, with badges etc. It wasn't until I saw him at the site that I realised he was an air softer and asked him if he'd served. He hadn't and just liked the loud out, which is fine, but don't wear it out on civvie street swanning about like you've just got back from the line!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
          Airsoft is a game, a simulation.

IMO I don't think there's anything wrong at all with folk wanting to dress up in the right gear. It's no different to playing a computer game and the character you control is a member of the forces, or playing football in your favorite team's strip and in your head pretending you are your favorite player?

If a member of the forces, or ex forces, has a problem with it I'd compare it to a member of Manchester United, let's imagine Ryan Giggs, walking in a park and he sees some blokes in Man Utd shirts and has a go at them telling them they are not Man Utd players and have no right to be wearing the uniform?

Someone walking around pretending to be David Beckham or pretending to be a Man Utd Coach is a different matter. But are there really folk on airsoft fields making out they really are or were in the armed forces when they were not? Like Shaun Bean in Leon? Hmmmmm, pity them if they do.

My mate's next door neighbour is ex SAS (yeah yeah I know but it's true, he works professional security now), next time he's over I'll ask him what he thinks of folks wearing the uniform and running around playing cowboys and indians in it. I know it kind of amuses him with us lot running around in the back field behind his house, building bunkers and playing airsoft.
          Yes there is plenty of Walts playing airsoft. But there is in all walks of life. For example, I also work in private security like your neighbour and I meet walts weekly. I bet he has too. The security industry is full of them. Airsoft doesn't seem to be so bad though, but I've already met a few in the 6 months I've been playing.

Comment

I'm going to do my next loadout as an EFI manager. I'm overweight enough, and let's be honest, Mars Bars in my pouches/pocket/massively fat hands will look far more realistic.
            The ultimate Milsim load out. Soon I bet you all the Geardos will be kitted out as such on a site near you.
            Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

• Even when you are not trying to imitate people get on their high horse. We bought a bunch of amisom berets for our team as part of BRITAC 's weekend and some guys kicked off they were marine berets. Despite arguing they were a completely different green it got to a point of riflebutting the guy, i got one of members who is a 'serving marine' to sort him out.

Seeing a third of our players are current/ex-forces weve taken time to get a look that doesnt impact on British units, though a couple of us wear our old unit dz patches as a choice of pride.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It's simple if you haven't earnt it don't wear it no if buts or what nots,regardless of the stituation after all it's airsoft and no need for it as it won't help in the game at all or hinder you either way.

Comment

Originally posted by jonglow View Post
                  It's simple if you haven't earnt it don't wear it no if buts or what nots,regardless of the stituation after all it's airsoft and no need for it as it won't help in the game at all or hinder you either way.
                  Why? Are you serving? As long as people dont make claims to something they arent/werent they can wear what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
                    Why? Are you serving? As long as people dont make claims to something they arent/werent they can wear what they want.
                    Yes thank you done my time joined up in 1990 with the light infantry in Winchester posted to 1st battalion light infantry (now 5th rifles) served over the world.
                    Insignia is not relivent to game play,military training is not easy and takes blood sweat and tears to do when your finished your cap badge is a badge of honour and has show you have what it takes and as you progress through the ranks each honour additional qulification you EARN shows your commitment to you chosen profession.

Comment

I'm fine with it as long as the person is either ex-forces or is doing it for a specific loadout. People who just slap on ranks or specific insignia because it looks cool imo aren't showing the respect the patch deserves, yet it is a simulation type game so if there is a specific reason its fine.
                      Fire Team Zulu
                      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

no need for it as it won't help in the game at all or hinder you either way.
                        Unless you're doing period airsoft, or full-on milsim, and then having a uniform with no insignia on it is effectively as 'wrong' as having a dayglo 2-tone gun.

I like to get my impressions right, and insignia is a part of that.

Comment

if its a historic (anything Falklands and older) load-out then Id say it wouldn't be complete without the insignia. Modern day...i dont really care but dont see the point either.

Comment

Originally posted by messy View Post
                            if its a historic (anything Falklands and older) load-out then Id say it wouldn't be complete without the insignia. Modern day...i dont really care but dont see the point either.
                            Well some people like to have very realistic modern laodouts which do require insignia
                            Fire Team Zulu

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
                              Well some people like to have very realistic modern laodouts which do require insignia
                              I wonder how many of these people also use the issue 5.56 RIF'S with 30rd mags I know the sa80a2 with ris rail system has become popular now being its more "cool" looking with the ris and acog

Comment

use the issue 5.56 RIF'S with 30rd mags
                                I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or not...? :/
                                Fire Team Zulu

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X