• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTP

What do you mean cuts?
    Signature Link Removed

Comment

There's a certain "condom brand name" tactical retailer that has been selling MTP vests as well as shirts. As far as I'm aware they also sell to troops as well. They also have a restricted area for well you guessed it. In the past 5 minutes I've found two stores on the auction site that are selling genuine MTP.

In any case I could care less about MTP. I prefer Crye Multi cam...

Edit: Just found an illegitimate selling in Finland selling what looks to be genuine MTP.

Comment

i think he means "soldier 95" style and "PCS" cut?

Comment

Yes I do, sorry

Comment

Yes i do love my Multicam and have become a bit of a multicam whore myself lol

But as for the stores on Said site they either got it through not legit ways or its Knock off chinese mulicam that they try and sell as MTP, but one thing is for sure it has not come from the MOD coz if it did i would have boat loads of it and be making a killing matey
            Signature Link Removed

Comment

Oh sorry i get you know with cuts you meant the style, The only main difference really is the new ones have angled pockets for easy access while kneeling rather than the straight pockets of the 95 style
              Signature Link Removed

Comment

The tactical store they get all their gear legitimately. In any case if I'm wrong I've got no problem admitting it! Just saying that I've found quite a few stores that do stock it in the past 10 minutes that stock MTP. Tbf I'm surprised Viper haven't jumped on the MTP bangwagon and made knock offs yet.

Comment

got to love multicam, i'm trying to convert most of the guys who i play with, and its slowly working.

Comment

I think this thread is going along the grounds of numerous other threads that have been posted on here before ref MTP.
                    Tropical, MTP version one, the original stuff is based on the CS95 cut, MTP version two or PCS as it is properly called, is based on the american cut - high mandarin collar, arm not chest pockets and so on, and is being slowly rolled out to people over the next 18 months or so.
                    It is PCS, not the CS95 cut that is the stuff you are likely to get into trouble with. The CS95 cut has been widely out for over a year now, and so of course loads will end up on ebay. It will though, have been well worn as it is all ex afghan kit. It is likely that as MTP is being replaced by PCS, as Sam says, some surplus stores may well find themselves with some, apparently though trousers are hard to get as they did run out a couple of months back (certainly with the RAF).
                    Alot of the surplus stores sell accessories, but are usually multicam asthe two are very similar, particularly when you start looking at pouches etc, so I would check the small print on adverts. However, again there may well be early issue stuff floating around.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Yes but as i keep saying and saying that no one seems to read "I BUY DIRECT FROM THE BRITISH MINISTRY OF DEFENCE AND MTP IS NOT COMING THROUGH IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM" LMAO (slaps head) and i also deal with all the companies that make all the MOD clothing and they wont sell MTP as they are contracted by the MOD and are under strict instructions not to sell it to anyone other than them.

If these companies have MTP its either.

1.Knock off Multicam (or just multicam being advertised as MTP)
                      2.Obtained by other means that can not be legit (IE insiders/soldiers)
                      Signature Link Removed

Comment

Its all true! SGT Sneaky knows what he's on about.

oh and if you really want MTP then JOIN UP haha. children

Originally posted by SGT Sneaky View Post
                        i know you can get it through a certain auction site but its not being legally sold and the naughty soldiers that are, are getting caught and getting into a lot of trouble and believe me that site and forums are being Watched like a hawk for MTP and Mk7 Helmets (and any other military gear that shouldn't be sold to the public), believe me i know how serious the MOD are right now about MTP, Its not illegal to buy it you wont get in trouble for that but if you get found with it then its bye bye MTP

And actually yes i do know about this as this is the business i am in and i have to know about these things so my business doesn't get into trouble and i dont buy or sell anything that i shouldn't.

Comment

Snow is 100% correct.
                          MTP is just the name of the pattern. PCS is the name of the new uniform. The Personal Clothing System in Multi Terrain Pattern is the 'new cut', which consists of trousers with no drawstring, angled pockets which are covered to prevent snagging, and reinforced belt loops and crotch area. The shirt has a foldable collar which can go up to prevent chaffing when wearing the new body armour. The pockets are angled, with additional pockets on the arms so access can be had when wearing body armour to pockets. The sleeves have a removable patch on the sleeves for unit identification or TRFs. The shirt is designed to be worn untucked, and the sleeves are to be worn down at all times. The green combat belt is to be worn with the trousers. The new style jacket is similar to the old one, except it has the same covered pockets, fleece lined pockets to keep hands warm, and venting zips to regulate temperature. Rank slides will be universal, headdress will stay the same. Green belts are to be worn over jackets when worn. Currently, black boots are to be worn, until new brown boots can be issued and identified.
                          Prior to the introduction of PCS, CS95 in MTP was issued to soldiers who were deploying on Op Herrick. As the new PCS has come into routine issue, the old CS95 kit is to be handed back or destroyed.

Multicam is NOT MTP. Kit which is currently being sold in the surplus stores and online is NOT MTP. It may be the same pattern, but it is not actually MTP. SOME units have told their soldiers to be very careful about which kit they buy privatelly, due to the fact that it is not the same as MTP, and the tactical nature of it cannot be assessed in conjunction with PCS. I also know that a couple of units have banned their soldiers buying this 'MTP' kit as it is not correct and actually ruins the tactical advantage of PCS. Confused? Dont worry, you dont need to know the ins and outs of it. Plus, i am not going to put it on a public forum.

Finally, i cannot comment on if it is illegal or not to own. Under UK law, it is basically that it is not illegal to own military clothing, but it is illegal to impersonate a soldier. The only people who will be getting a bollocking are the soldiers selling it to surplus stores. The reason behind that is that its the armys kit, not the soldiers, and selling it for profit is basically stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by scottb005 View Post
                            Its all true! SGT Sneaky knows what he's on about.

oh and if you really want MTP then JOIN UP haha. children
                            Thank you for your highly informative and useful post.

Comment

Youre very welcome.

Just to avoid confusion, when i referenced the fact MTP kit sold in surplus stores is not MTP, i was refering to items such as webbing, pouches etc. Not shirts and jackets/
                              The best way to identify if you are getting genuine MTP is by checking the NATO stock number on the label. Also, the sizing will be in military style, such as 180/104, opposed to Medium/Large etc.

People can quote all they like, but by law there is nothing wrong with owning and using MTP, so long as you dont start pretending to be a soldier. The MOD has attempted to keep PCS off the market, but there will always be people who want to make a quick buck. If you manage to get your hands on it, there is nothing wrong with this at all.

To the OP. Great load out mate. Very good attention to detail, especially with the helmet and green tape. Will love to see the new plate carrier you buy!

Comment

Another one to the OP.
                                Opposed to buying a chest rig, you may be better off getting a molle belt.

There have been reports coming back from theatre saying that people are to reduce and restrict the amount of kit they have on their chests. This is due to the high amount of facial injuries occuring from IED blasts and high and low velocity rounds hitting the equipment when mounted on the chest, and equipment becoming secondary fragments. The MTP manbag is a great bit of kit, used by guys who are vehicle borne but also out on the ground. Ammo pouches are to be mounted on the sides of the osprey, and as little amount of kit possible on the front panels.

Hope that helps you with your loadout!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X