Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTP

Originally posted by XRaptorX View Post
    just thought i would put it out there that there is going to be a lot of MTP on here after September as this is the issue date for MTP to cadet forces, Well at least it is for my lot!
    Trust me, cadets wont have it by September. Not even all regulars have got it yet, and remember that its going to all 3 services...So Regular army/RN and RM/RAF, then all 3 Reserve forces, then OTC, and then finally cadets. You might have to wait some time yet.

Comment

When have cadets ever gotten anything anywhere near the time they're originally told? Not to go bursting bubbles, but it simply just doesn't happen.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
        When have cadets ever gotten anything anywhere near the time they're originally told? Not to go bursting bubbles, but it simply just doesn't happen.
        I read somewhere that the ACF were wearing old battle dress well into the 70s!

Comment

When the GOC visited us he was wearing a mixed combination, PCS trousers with MTP 95 shirt. Even all his chroinies from Div HQ were wearing the same. Mixed dress is somehow acceptable for Generals lol.
          Last edited by Gaffa; 7 January, 2012, 19:37. Reason: Removed quote

Comment

The big fella probably didn't like the velcro on the sleeves and the whole deal with not tucking it in. 'Not officer like' or something along those lines at a guess.

"Pah, I'm not some bloody yank. Get those shirts tucked in, polish your boots, and iron those socks..."
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
              The big fella probably didn't like the velcro on the sleeves and the whole deal with not tucking it in. 'Not officer like' or something along those lines at a guess.

"Pah, I'm not some bloody yank. Get those shirts tucked in, polish your boots, and iron those socks..."
              Yeh most probably lol, luckily no bulling or ironing for Rifleman...its 'tradition'

Comment

Why are the arms on UBACS so big/wide? I just tried on a large MTP UBACS and the arms are massively wide.

Comment

I have noticed this also.

Comment

Because they normally have padding on the forearm/elbow area. If they were built to a normal size they would be too tight in your arms.

Comment

• Re: MTP

Well I have beefy arms and even with the padding it's still huge. Just waiting for a medium UBACS to come thru and see if that's any better for me.

Ok going back to the Osprey, the Warrior Elite Ops Raptor is the closest then?
                      We need some photos gentlemen!
                      Last edited by bobafett; 14 January, 2012, 16:29.

Comment

Double post oops

Comment

For MTP drop me a PM and we can discuss your needs.

Comment

A fair bit of the MTP on the market is probably legally disposed of now cos guys who were issued it in the combat 95 form are now being issued PCS and the guys can just do what they like with C95 MTP that's been used. We also have to remember that guys going on deployment are issued with new stuff and the old will never see the light of day again, OK the selling of this isn't legal but I doubt any feathers would be ruffled by lads selling off their old gear.

Comment

For anyone thats interested ive managed to get a few pics of the new Mk7 helmet cover.

Helmet and Cover.jpgMk7 Cover.jpgMTP Strips.jpgHelmet.jpg
                              Last edited by Chosen-Man; 23 January, 2012, 23:02.

Comment

Nice load out, I'm in the process of buying MTP!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X