MTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTP

Mate looks awesome but just don't mention MTP on here, it's ridiculous, the 'you're not allowed MTP brigade will start', the guy has it, simple as that, I have it, lots of people have it. It may not be getting sold off by the MoD but it's widely available and that's that.
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Well said that man.
      Ive had MTP for over 6months now.
      Couldnt give a flying f**k what others think of me wearing it, it came from a surplus store and i still have all reciepts, i also couldnt give a toss where the store got it from.
      Been offered everything from MTP osprey to RS acog by a serving family member and always declined as i dont fancy paying and having it confiscated, i also dont believe i should have it if serving soldiers cant get it.

Comment

Im serving TA and I also work for the MoD where MTP (PCS especially) is stored along with the plates and new helmets etc. I couldnt give a hoot who is wearing it aslong as it isnt being nicked from work! Is squaddies want to sell it on if they are leaving or just come back from tour who are we to say they cant? Theyll most likely be billed at cost and thats the end of it.

Ive also managed to beg a Mk7 from a mate in 3 RIFLES, no money was exchanged and the thing is still in the 'system'.... cant seem RMP/ MoD Plod coming round and taking it back just because it aint issued!

Comment

Originally posted by scottb005 View Post
          Its all true! SGT Sneaky knows what he's on about.

oh and if you really want MTP then JOIN UP haha. children
          For your information i am going through the first stages of joining the Royal Marines, not because i want MTP but because i want to serve my country......so thanks for that.

with reguards to the loadout, well might not bother updating it...kind of feel the mods need to step in

Comment

So you all know the ONLY restricted items a British soldier has are
            1. Riffle / pistol
            2. Ammo
            3. Armour plates
            4. Grenades
            5. Mk 7

That is it , if a civie is caught with any of the above they are in for it with an enquiry ( and prob not in the order you think of importants)

MTP in any cut is not restricted in any form , to sell or to buy it's just hard to get hold of.

Lastchancers.co.uk
            Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
              Is [sic] squaddies want to sell it on if they are leaving or just come back from tour who are we to say they cant?
              Queens Regs says they can't; it doesn't belong to them to sell - it belongs to the Crown (i.e. the taxpayer). Official surplus stores are the only places people should be getting it from.

I've got a fuck-load of kit issued to me over the years (including a Chinese Fighting Suit!) but I'm damned if I'll profit on it. In the kit bag it'll sit until I hand it back in on leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Queens Regs says they can't; it doesn't belong to them to sell - it belongs to the Crown (i.e. the taxpayer). Official surplus stores are the only places people should be getting it from.

I've got a fuck-load of kit issued to me over the years (including a Chinese Fighting Suit!) but I'm damned if I'll profit on it. In the kit bag it'll sit until I hand it back in on leaving.
                Lets be honest though, how many blokes do you know that will sell spare kit/one time issue kit....its not wrong untill they get caught. The only thing they shouldnt be selling is osprey/helmets and the expensive kit kept in stores/arms cotes.

Comment

Fair one of course but it's still not right (or legal). Ultimately, it doesn't bother me personally if people wan't to take that risk but it just proves their untrustworthyness.

Back on topic.

Comment

Chosen, if you are I the service, queens regs are part of military law, so technically speaking saying it isn't wrong is a bit like saying murder isn't wrong till you get caught. Extreme example I know, but same legal principle.
                    Tisane, if you are getting that sort of stuff offered, tbh, that sounds well dodgy and I would seriously question it. Last thing you want is to get done for is handling/receiving stolen goods.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by tropicaltrifle View Post
                      HI,

just a little pic of my mtp loadout

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47240[/ATTACH]

iv ordered a full platecarrier to replicate the new osprey and i have a daysack to add...i will update with a few pics of the bangers later
                      Is this thread called 'MTP- no you can't have' thread?

Very nice loadout my friend

Comment

Im not saying it isnt wrong, what I am saying is this sort of thing has been going on for years (probably even before the times of Sir John Moore!). It happens and there is no way to stop it completely. I dont see why we should worry aslong as everyone who needs the kit on tour has got it, its not getting in the wrong hands and its not being stolen from stores/warehouses/mates. If one of the lads sells his kit then hes gunna be billed anyway so the bloke still loses out on beer tokens.

Comment

lovin the look fella, looks great!

I have multicam, mtp and peacock mtp (the new cut) its not in short supply in the slightest! A returning unit recently played at my site, they have been told that when they return to their unit, they will be handing back all their mtp old style to be issued peacock for their next tour, so kindly left me with 3 sets of the old, one of the peacock cut, and a set of tan boots too, I dont entirely agree with squaddies selling it on ebay, I'm ex forces, know what they are like... but as others have mentioned, its not as hard to get hold of as some may think. I know of two shops selling mtp...

Comment

It's not peacock, like the bird, it is PECOC-Personal Equipment & Common Operational clothing (the caps are intentional, that's how it is written)!
                            Besides it isn't called PECOC now, it is called PCS. I think that was the old project name and has been superceeded. If you do have proper PECOC stuff, that is pretty rare, it was going to be essentially ddpm with darker brown colours in it so it became an all brown version of cs95.
                            It is funny really, no one goes nuts for cs95 yet really it is no different! Does it show that it really is all about the look?
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

i dont see why u lot bitched at the guy when he said mtp is illegal to buy! he clearly knows best, it is illegal to buy but as from jan its not! just thought id help to clear it all up

Comment

The thing is its only the jobsworths that give a flying fig.

Legal or illegal who gives a toss, as was said earlier its a bloody thread to show it off not debate the legalitys of owning the bloody stuff, if your not happy about others owning it bloody report it to whoever you think does give a f**k, otherwise keep it shut and let the rest of us enjoy wearing our MTP!!!

Sorry to those that are having a civil discussion about your kit and loadout but the way i see it this thread will either be closed cleaned or deleted anyway due to others that just have to be right!!!!
                                And just as a final middle finger to all you its illegall bods theres mine, feel free to report away!!
                                Or you could wait till i get the shirt and jacket.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X