MTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTP

The MoD police have all the same powers that a normal policeman has, but you are right about the RMP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Another View Post
      That and Military Police have no power with vanilla royal subjects (civillians) in person unless accompanied by a regular policeman.
      Is that so? I work on naval sites and some of my colleagues have been done for speeding by the mod police. Were not forced and one was even issued a ticket just outside the naval base.

Comment

@Lee Hill As far as I'm aware, Helikon are making MTP clothing... And there's also a certain store in Wokingham that sells MTP...
        sigpic

Comment

Matt, Read the two posts above yours again. The RMP we're mentioned further up the thread. No ones disputing the powers of the MOD police.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

• Every surplus store ive been in lately is selling MTP.
            Fact is it isnt worth their time (except the mk7s and ospreys) its cheaper for the MOD to make new ones than it is to recover Used ones.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

• Doubled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
                @Lee Hill As far as I'm aware, Helikon are making MTP clothing... And there's also a certain store in Wokingham that sells MTP...
                Helikon are not making MTP, if they are it's not a legal venture.
                A lot of the stuff being sold in surplus is the older cuts, we are on the 3rd generation of it now, any surplus stores selling the gen 3 stuff have obtained it from guys who have excess somehow and are selling it on to make a quick buck.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla View Post
                  The MoD police have all the same powers that a normal policeman has, but you are right about the RMP.
                  The MoD police have power over forces personell, the service police(s) such as RMP/RAFP/RNP(whatever the hell the matelots call them) can only get involved in civvis if there is a crime about to be commited.

The RMP usually deal with the inside the wire stuff whereas the MoD police try to do the Civil police's job (and occasionaly conduct stop and searches at MoD establishments)

In other news, the MoD Guard Service can not search your vehicle. It has to be done by a police force.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    A lot of the stuff being sold in surplus is the older cuts, we are on the 3rd generation of it now, any surplus stores selling the gen 3 stuff have obtained it from guys who have excess somehow and are selling it on to make a quick buck.
                    There are a few pics of lads in 2 RIFLES wearing Multicam Helikon jackets on Herrick 15, blends well with MTP.

The CGS and other staff officers have taken to wearing PCS with 95 shirts (up and in).

Comment

Originally posted by RMcommando1984 View Post
                      Im with you on that m8,
                      F##k it,if its for sale all over ebay then it cant be illegal as the MOD would of contacted ebay and stoped it !
                      Plus know one gives a S##T !
                      Would you be the same RMcommando that was banned from ARRSE?

Selling Osprey and Mk7 helmets (aswell as MTP and other kit) is illegal. I for one report helmets/body armour for sale anywhere, including ebay, the the local MDP. Ive even sent an email to Dalton Barracks' INT section regarding some loggie selling the majority of the black bag (helmet/armour/knee pads/gloves etc).

Just because people do it, or dont stop it, dosent mean its legal. At the end of the day its a crime, aswell as an i tegrity issue.

Comment

• I know im on the first gen, i got the first set that hit my surplus store

Generic Tapatalk Signature.

Comment

• The bloody stuff is probably just as common in surplus stores as DPM now!!!

What are the plods going to do, nick every tramp in genuine DPM aswell?

Why the hell does this argument continue to come up, we have it if your that bloody bothered about its legality then report us, if not the shut your pie holes and let us enjoy wearing our MTP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            There was a thread a little while back in the British section called "Helikon MP (MTP) camo" and apparently Helikon unveiled it at the IWA show.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Slava View Post
                              There was a thread a little while back in the British section called "Helikon MP (MTP) camo" and apparently Helikon unveiled it at the IWA show.
                              It does exist, a quick search of eBay will show you that.

Comment

Well spotted.
                                I forget you can now buy the material to do it.
                                Although the material is only available from 2 sources at the moment. No one else is officially allowed to copy the print pattern.
                                So I'll stand corrected on part of my post.
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X