Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Celcius CTW Team Alpha

Originally posted by MarcusDodd View Post

The Team Alpha comes with an extra o ring on the outside of the hop sleeve spacer (brass) make sure this is not forgotten / lost if you take the barrel out ( this is not in Mx2s and shouldnt be fitted to Mx2s , as the upper erceiver wont close if yoiu put one in there!) It spaces the cylinder and the hop barrel combination correctly , and without it your FPS may be out, as well as your cylinder /gear mesh, because the cylinder and hop sleeve are not held together as much)
    Is it possible that this can fall out, I took a magazine out of the gun and the bb's had jammed as there was a rubber ring caught in there, have no idea what its from, how to get it back in and what the impact is if I leave it out
    sigpic

Comment

The o ring shouldnt be able to get in there , unless it was snapped as the barrel went in!
      CK
      I have teaken pictures on my iphone, how do I post ? (being a non computer wizz :-)

Comment

PM sent Marcus.

On the CTW forums this morning, and a few people have the HK416 CTW already Thanks to Madwelshman and Co. Looks very nice.

Can anyone confirm its the same internally? i.e. interchangeable cylinders?

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Pics compliments of MarcusDodd:

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Ok you can see in the pics;
            The main parts of the barrel/hop assembly(note that the air seal and brass air seal seat is still inside the body, if you want to remove it be VERY careful with the seal and brass seat, and note that the CTW one is different from a PTW - the PTW on is flat on the barrel side, as the PTW barrels are .5mm shorter . The CTWbarrel is.5mm longer and is not flush with the hop ring, hence the brass spacer has a .5mm recess for this - upshot is if you fit a PTW barrel, you need the brass spacer and an air seal (probably , as the air seal is easily damaged, which is why I left it in to take the pics !!
            You can also see the oring that is ONLY present on the team alphas, moved away from its position slightly so you can see it.
            And finally the hop ring , roller and pin - try to cyano the ends of the roller only, as if you stick the pin in you will never be able to remove it to change the roller, the aim is to stop the tube/nub from spinning on the shaft pin, therefore puting more spin on the bb , if this still isnt giving enough hop, you can - put a bigger roller nub and glue in (hirobo shuttle fuel tubing , if you cab find it ! or if you are good with a file , file a little material , evenly from each shoulder by the roller nub, this allows the nub to protrude further into the barrel, but you must also add a little packing to the pillows that exert the pressure on the ring/nub , so that there is still pressure -IMPORTANT make sure you trial fit and it can slide evenly on the end of the barrel once filed , it is also very soft aluminium and can be mishapen quite easily!
            CK
            Thanks for that, and I can confirm that it is the same cylinder wise in the 416 , well so far :-)

Comment

Ck any chance you can extract some pics? So could these hop mods be made by the retailer befor the gun is sen out? If asked obviously cheers

Comment

Pics of the 416?

This is the only pic I have I think:

Note: I don't hold the rights to this picture, or the gun pictured.

Comment

Wonder if that's a 416 upper or if its just had a 416 RIS fitted, looks nice though
                  sigpic

Comment

It's a 416 upper, a 416 has a different size upper to an M4. The top rail is higher, so if it was an M4 upper the rail wouldn't be flush all the way along.

Comment

Cheer soft the hk416 pic ck yeah it's a 416 upper, they'll probably be sold seperatly soonish for around £300

Comment

Is that extended warranty on the team alpha guns?

Comment

Yeah, 9 months extra for £49 (so a year total)

CK

Comment

I'm looking at this closely as I will be after a new primary at the end of summer, always wanted a systema but couldn't justify the price but this I can.

Comment

What a shame they did not go with a 416 lower receiver to match the upper.

Comment

That may not be the finished product to be fair. This was the limited edition version released for a site to sell in conjunction with opening their new store.

It appears to have a M4 stock, pistol grip and lower.

I would hope the finished 416 would change the pistol grip for a TD style one. Possibly the 417 style stock as well? Although I prefer the one on the normal CTW.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                                Working...
                                X