• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest Comfirmed Range?

IMPERIAL VOLLEY FTW!!! :p
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
      Ahh, there we go! I was wondering when we'd get one of these
      One of what?

I stated the fact that, at my local site, none of the other players there has a gun which can match the RS SVD for range: what's your problem with that?

Comment

Wow didn't expect a potential can of worms thread to start! I honestly just wanted to know of people's confirmed ranges. Since acquiring a range finder it's put so many places and areas into perspective. Lets face it no one is gonna get a meter wheel and measure the path of every target we intend to engage whether in field or not. I think it's an invaluable device for snipers and marshals for measuring MEDs or just generally messing around when you're out and about.
        I never thought members would suggest other members' exaggerated boasts of x meters and whatever, I've not really been on forums longer enough to know this??
        But yeah, for the curious people who have a spare few quid lying around, I really suggest a range finder it really opens your eyes up to the possibilities of what you may actually hit, depending what range your gun has.

Comment

Let's see, my M14 will reach out to 50-60 metres, which is good for harassing opposing teams, but I've been able to tag a few vict... I mean other players with it at 30 metres or under.
          Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Originally posted by Scotsmark View Post
            One of what?

I stated the fact that, at my local site, none of the other players there has a gun which can match the RS SVD for range: what's your problem with that?
            In fairness I will vouch for the RS dragunov, Ive had a play with one and it was pretty nuts for range out the box.
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              In fairness I will vouch for the RS dragunov, Ive had a play with one and it was pretty nuts for range out the box.
              Yeah, that's all I was saying but it seems to have ruffled some people's feathers for some reason. Got to love internet Commandos ;-)

Comment

I also vouch for the Rs svd, they have astounding range out of the box. Really love all the smart arse airsoft gods on here :-P

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  100m is probably doable, right on the limits though.
                  100 meters is easy, for my 110 meters gun I'm firing at 350 fps (using .2's) and in full auto. It's quite fun being able to out range any snipers.

BV systems don't work that great in single shot, otherwise I'd put one in a sniper and see what is really possible.

Comment

Was there not a thing floating around a while ago that scientifically proved that at the energy levels an AEG runs at that it was physically impossible to hit that range?

Hapy, is that range estimate or confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Hapy, is that range estimate or confirmed?
                      Completely made up, or in airsoft language, estimated.

In all seriousness, I really think most people who are quoting these silly ranges don’t know how far 50 meters really is. Also to be perfectly honest I lose sight of the bb before it reaches it maximum range on my guns anyway.

Comment

The only thing ill say about mine is its competitive, possibly edges a meter or 2 past others but not all.
                        What I do have in oodles is consistency and pretty good accuracy over the bigger ranges.

Comment

From Army basic training, estimating range is a matter of an individual's perception than accuracy. As a rule of thumb, a football pitch is around 100m long, therefore, the halfway line is 50m. If you go to your nearest football pitch with a mate, have them stand on the halfway line then hold your hand out in front of you, with your palm facing down, thenraise your index finger. If your mate's feet are at the proximal knuckle (closest to the hand) then where his/her head is in comparison to your finger will be their height at roughly 50 m. Repeat for full length of the pitch, if you can be bothered.

This simple, yet effective, method can be used for measuring distances in airsoft too.

Comment

why does everyone on here get on their high horse about threads like this? the Op started a thread which states this has been confirmed by a range finder, so hes not giving it the big beans is he? Ovany and Ben both brought the tone down in this thread.

as for the RS SVD, everyone who's played airsoft should know about the range this thing puts out, even without mods. Iv only played a year and a half, and i know of it. Infact i wouldnt mind owning one haha.

My Hurricane Barrett is reaching 60m accurately but is currently suffering from a sevre drop in power at this range despite being 355 on .28's. This was custom built by a place in scotland.
                            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I live on a farm and the garden stretches about 300m to the furthest boundary and I have a barn which I have paced out to be 70m from the kitchen door. I can quite literarly 'hit the barn door' from that range with my M16 and SL9 but its not dead on target every shoot, some hits would miss a human target but a good 60% would hit. With my KC-02 I can reach that distance with a lot more accuracy, say 80% on target though this is running heavier bb's and at about 425fps with a 0.2.

Before I paced this out I was shooting a box by the fence that seperates my garden and I was sure this was a good 80m's though to my amazment, I paced this distance to be about 45m! Distance can be very hard to estimate when you are used to shooting in a small garden.

Comment

Confirmed Headshot at over 900 Metres.

On Battlefield 3.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

J888 Find out more about J888
                                Working...
                                X