Longest Comfirmed Range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest Comfirmed Range?

I agree it should be locked. What I wanted from this thread was members sharing factual info about their own confirmed ranges with their different guns.
    Honestly didn't expect this to turn into a 'what am bestest range'
    For the handful of members that posted useful facts thanks, it's a shame the majority had to ruin it. I've also noticed no one has even mentioned they have a range finder. Simply astounding.
    @ whoever asked, my range finder cost £89 from a place that rams JS up their Bottom
    Lock the thread mods I'm done.

Comment

Cheers mate, I may be able to buy one when I'm in new york tho.
      Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

New build M16, 55m inaccurate fire (3 out of 15 hit), measured on a range.
        LR300, same range just (and i mean just about floats past) floats past the 50 mark, @50m I'm hitting (weather conditions dependent)7 out of 10 shots on a man size target using .25s.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Inb4lock.

'FireKnife'
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

if your being serious Sean, what internals does the m16 have? and also LR300?

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
              Nobody else has rocked up with any rangefinder-confirmed kill distances and apart from some mention of super-magical RS Dragunovs that somehow outrange everything else even though they use the exact same principles as every other gun, anyone that's fired more than 2 airsoft guns will tell you the figures you get are grossly exaggerated.

There's a saying that goes along the lines of "never talk about politics or religion amongst friends". On airsoft forums, it's "never talk about kill distances"...
              Ben, have you used an RS Dragunov?

I doubt that you have or you wouldn't be making statements like the above. The fact is, they are NOT built using "the exact same principles as every other gun".

Have a read at this;
              http://www.realsword.com.hk/profiles.htm

...but, if you can't be bothered, here's the gist of it. Real Sword make 1:1 replicas, in as far as they can, to the real thing. They will come out of the box able to perform better than any other AEG, every time and for longer. I'm not technically into the internal side of things about them but I'm sure some more informed airsofters will back my points up.

If you live in Scotland, come to either AEG or Nomad and I'll give you my SVD for a whole day so you can see the difference. If not, I'll come down to your local site some time in the new year and lend it to you for the day. I can't say fairer than that!

Comment

I'm sure an upgraded sniper could outperform the rs svd
                But it wouldn't surprise me if a rs svd would outrange a stock sniper or aeg
                I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

most of my stuff is hitting the 30m mark and to be honest on most woodland sites when are you going to find a line of site that is 40+ meters when their is a ton of trees between you and other players. don't get me wrong i love seeing a good long shot being scored but 100 meters??? you can sometimes struggle to see the bb after 30 so either your watching through a scope the size of Hubble or more likely you have aim'd at said person and someone much closer has shot them that you cant see because your almost back at the safe zone.

one thing that seams to missing from allot of comment is accuracy yer its all well and good getting the shot to go 90m but if you cant hit the side of Arctic lorry at that distance what the hell are your chances of hitting a person in a way they will feel and not just carry on with no idea they were hit.

i cant speak about the real sword stuff never shot one never been on the receiving end of one but as someone did say i would love to know what magical stuff they are filling it with but i am not going to go out and spend an entire pay cheque just to add 10m to my range.

and one final little observation i started out playing with a little mp5 and having done nothing to that mp5 since i got it 4 years ago it still keeps up with stuff younger and alot more expensive just something to think about for those planign to spend hundreds on a high end aeg

Comment

I'll buy a range finder next month when I get back from work. I'll bring along a decent camera and video what happens. I shall then post it on this (if it's still open) or I'll start my own thread.

Oh, and whilst you are all getting soaked and frozen by the UK weather, I have 32 days in the Caribbean to look forwards to.

@God84 - YNWA ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                      Range means sod all when some sneaky git comes around the side of you and sticks a BB in the meat of your ar$e.

Balls to range, its all about manning up and assaulting them while screaming as much random crap as possible. Getting shot and doing it all over again.

Leave the range worries to the snipers
                      In a non-gay way: I love you.

Comment

@scotsmark, pm me when you have set it up ect, also i wont be freezing in the UK weather come the 16th... i'll be freezing my balls off in New York instead!!! also YNWA

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                          Seriously!!! No offense but you're in a max range/techie thread and you don't know what your own gun has inside...... Also "full metal"? What did you think was in there, oompa loompas and pixie dust.....
                          im in this thread to get information. Also no im not sure whats in it as i have never opened it up. Im not willing to f*ck up my gun just to see!! also when i say i think its full metal inside is because i know there are plastic hops and gears out there.

Comment

Originally posted by gezer View Post
                            I'm sure an upgraded sniper could outperform the rs svd
                            But it wouldn't surprise me if a rs svd would outrange a stock sniper or aeg
                            Yes, quite possibly. I'm not saying that it's the be all and end all of the ******* *****, if it was then everybody would have one and the other companies would go out of business.

I did, however, stand side by side with one of our local 'snipers' who was firing his L96 (circa 500fps) and the RS was chucking beebs further. This is what my first post was based on. No mythical claim of 'X' amount of metres distance, just the fact that it has a decent range, which is handy as said site has a large open area (800+ acres).

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                              if your being serious Sean, what internals does the m16 have? and also LR300?
                              LR300 running a guarder bore up cylinder kit with a full stroke corrected AoE piston, Super Shooter 13/1 gears, guarder 100 spring (349fps on the nose with a 1.5fps variance by chrono).
                              Madbull ultimate hop unit, madbull black python 2 6.03 inner barrel with a REAPs hop rubber and firefly hop bucking.

The M16 is full modify Taurus box with modify gears and cylinder kit, madbull ultimate hop with the new Prometheus flat hop with the bridged bucking. That runs with an element 6.04 inner barrel. Both guns have had a lot of fettling to get right.
                              All tested on a military range.
                              My hicapa is pretty mean for range as well, having not had that on a range I can't claim what it is other than 40+ meters.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

zero in, the forum where all the interesting threads happen!
                                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

J888 Find out more about J888
                                Working...
                                X