Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest Comfirmed Range?

My gun shoots 24000m.
    No one is saying anything about the OP, the fact people have even said that its good hes used a range finder.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sean please read my post, i didnt say people were saying anything about him, i was talking about the fact that he made this topic and BEN brought the tone down that is all. BEN brought the tone down by saying "oh not another one of those"

but this isnt another one of those... this is actually for CONFIRMED range using a range finder. So i acutally think this thread can work, especially if other players have a range finder they could use to test their range, and we can discuss what they are using internally.

Also can we stay on topic? dont get me wrong i like the BF3 inclusion but this is someones thread about AIRSOFT.

@OP whats the stock internals like on the M14? because 45-50m sounds good.
      Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Range means sod all when some sneaky git comes around the side of you and sticks a BB in the meat of your ar$e.

Balls to range, its all about manning up and assaulting them while screaming as much random crap as possible. Getting shot and doing it all over again.

Leave the range worries to the snipers

Comment

Nobody else has rocked up with any rangefinder-confirmed kill distances and apart from some mention of super-magical RS Dragunovs that somehow outrange everything else even though they use the exact same principles as every other gun, anyone that's fired more than 2 airsoft guns will tell you the figures you get are grossly exaggerated.

There's a saying that goes along the lines of "never talk about politics or religion amongst friends". On airsoft forums, it's "never talk about kill distances"...

Comment

@coz, i use both AEGs and snipers. i agree nothing beats being balls to the walls up close but still having the option for a nice bit of range using a bigger less cqb friendly gun is quite nice now and then.

@OP i find that my cyma ak47 has nice range on it to. and i think its got full metal internals. Also how much was your range finder?

@ben you came in and posted with the big beans attitude on the 6th post.

Comment

What was actually getting at was every time this thread has come about it always ends up with the 'my gun can shoot the moon, gen dit' it just turns into a pissing contest.
              With claims of 'my two tone plinker shoots 80m easy' followed by people trying to explain that 80m is a massive distance.

Although Ben, I'm surprised you haven't seen or used the RS dragunov. No one has claimed a figure for range, just that it out ranges other guns at his site.
              They are also mighty accurate too. Shooting matchsticks at 20m and such like.
              It's a 420fps semi auto DMR with top line internals and a sorted hop.

24000m kill shot with a laser range finder called GPOD! :p
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                but this isnt another one of those... this is actually for CONFIRMED range using a range finder. So i acutally think this thread can work, especially if other players have a range finder they could use to test their range, and we can discuss what they are using internally.
                And just how many people have confirmed their maximum range.... very few I'd guess.

Threads like this pop up over and over again in different guises and become tedious posts of one-upmanship, if people honestly want to talk max range and tech specs then why not start the thread in the tech section which would attract only those who actually care enough about this topic rather than in the general section as that always leads to who's gun am bestest.

@OP i find that my cyma ak47 has nice range on it to. and i think its got full metal internals.
                Seriously!!! No offense but you're in a max range/techie thread and you don't know what your own gun has inside...... Also "full metal"? What did you think was in there, oompa loompas and pixie dust.....

Comment

because no one ever actually measures their shots out. 99 times out of 100 it's a case of wow that was really far - must be like 80m!!

Its still all about first round snap shooting accuracy.
                  Originally posted by Coz
                  Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

but this shouldnt lead to "am best"... it CLEARLY states it was confirmed by a range finder.

SO if people who post their ranges arnt using a range finder then dont reply to it simple.

Comment

Your username is God? What of it?

Comment

I kind of feel that I should delete my post (post #2) after reading this thread, despite the target saying 50m and the rounds hitting said target, it didn't involve a rangefinder...

On the other hand, balls to it and postcount++

Anyway, what I actually wanted to post about:

Originally posted by B.E.N
                        There's a saying that goes along the lines of "never talk about politics or religion amongst friends". On airsoft forums, it's "never talk about kill distances"...
                        Or compare PTWs to the TM recoil series. People seem to get quite tetchy about that subject...

Comment

but this shouldnt lead to "am best"... it CLEARLY states it was confirmed by a range finder.

SO if people who post their ranges arnt using a range finder then dont reply to it simple.
                          Have you used a range finder on your guns? If not then why aren't you following your own rules and quit posting? If you have... carry on

Comment

why does everyone on here get on their high horse about threads like this? the Op started a thread which states this has been confirmed by a range finder, so hes not giving it the big beans is he? Ovany and Ben both brought the tone down in this thread.

IMHO i havent said or posted anything unrealistic , perhaps after 18 years of fixing bolt action rifles ,milling and working on them for others ,i may know a little about the physics of getting a bbs to fly as far as possible , yet 100 metres isnt impossible , even a sparrow fart will throw a bb of course past 50 metres , unless you have some super airtight r type hop or old school ashsi rifle type hop ,you will struggle at 100 metres

What i asked is at what power level his .48g 8mm bb was coming out at ,as it is an airsoft forum anything over the 500fps with a .2g bb is pointless on here due to the 2.3 joule max impossed my most sites

So please think ,what i asked wasnt a dig it was a straight forward question , and it would appear you are bringing the tone of this thread down with you cheap dig at others !

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                              Have you used a range finder on your guns? If not then why aren't you following your own rules and quit posting? If you have... carry on
                              No i didnt, but im going by the shop in scotland, they told me they checked the range on it. So im just quoting the range they told me

@ben, the name thing again... you really are obsessed with screen names? why? but because you have a memory of a fish i will repeat what it means.... Iam a liverpool fc supporter and my favorite player was/is Robbie "god" Fowler.... 84 is the year of my brith, when i set up my psn account 6 years ago it was the only thing i came up with in a rush. im sorry if my name offends you ben, and im sorry if your inability to get past peoples screen names is a problem.

@Ovany, it wasnt a cheap dig, he clearly stated it wasnt skirmishable didnt he so it becomes a no point, like you said. Plus im not taking cheap digs at anybody infact im trying to keep this ON TOPIC. People who are posting their "ranges" shouldnt be doing guess work. Yeah i agree you would need the airseal of a virgin to get anywhere near 100meters, i think 80 meters is sufficient, as i dont think anything past that would be "felt" by the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                                Your username is God? What of it?

Really, your going to do this again, do you want me to remind you of the 'half-assed editor of a magazne that causes you to lose brain cells comment that B.E.N. could mean'? Don't like it, don't do it.

As for this thread, lock it and get rid of it, or by next week it will be a 10 page thread of whining and inaccurate claims of breaking 100m with a WE pistol, typical for here, but maybe it would just be easier to lock it and be done with it, bit of foresight from the mods?

'FireKnife'
                                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

J888 Find out more about J888
                                Working...
                                X