sniping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping

Cant be bothered with making it the whole time, and id get it wrong or it would fall to pieces. I just get a standard woodland one, better camoflage than DPM, so it's still a bonus. Any of you know how good the TM VSR 10, upgraded - is like? (3.9x40 scope).
    TM VSR-10 GSPEC
    Originally posted by aeviv
    I once saw a guy LITERALLY club a tree with his G36C, not a mark on it

Comment

The webtex is a base, just like your netting that you would by and glue on to your smock, no different other than the fact that you can take it off

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
      You're contradicting yourself. It's ready made, you buy it from a shop, and use it in that condition. But it's also not a ready made suit, because it's issued. I know you add foliage to it, but if you don't add foliage to a hessian ghillie suit, you're still missing out.

Maby he meant he'd get a webtex vest.
      I still hold to the fact that ready made suits can be as good as home made ones. They can usually be improved with modification, but it's a good base, and much quicker.

Comment

Ahh I see. I generally consider it an item just to be stuffed full of veg. You really don't need to put in a lot of work to field it. Just the 15 minutes every skrimish day to get it set. Which compared to tieing hessian to it, is hardly any work.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

British snipers still put hessian on it but not to the extent of a hairy back like the USMC snipers

Comment

Originally posted by Tr4shed View Post
            Cant be bothered with making it the whole time, and id get it wrong or it would fall to pieces. I just get a standard woodland one, better camoflage than DPM, so it's still a bonus. Any of you know how good the TM VSR 10, upgraded - is like? (3.9x40 scope).
            they tend to be pretty good when upgraded.

wouldnt bother with a variable scope myself - just get a 4x40 and you will be sorted

mac
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

+1 to that, I do have a variable scope but it RARELY comes away from 4 or 5x40.

UTG/Leapers do some very good ones at extremely affordable prices...
              Trader Feedback:
              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

i think i could do with a tightbore!
                recommendations?

havent touched the internals of my vsr yet - what do the aeg barrels need doing to them before they will fit?
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                  recommendations?

havent touched the internals of my vsr yet - what do the aeg barrels need doing to them before they will fit?
                  Most people seem to rate the Promethius (sp?) tightbore... 6.03-4mm for practicality, tighter if you have the patience to clean frequently.

I'm not aware of any AEG barrels that are compatible with the VSR hop-up. If they are, I'd love to hear about it, as I plan on putting a long-ass barrel on mine... Long inner barrels are cripplingly expensive.

Comment

recommendations?

The general principle is that the 6.03-6.04's (and the PDI 6.08) have better accuracy but add less FPS than the 6.00-6.02's.

Laylax/Promy
                    EdGI
                    PDI

Those are pretty much as good as it gets.

And if you are willing to slap a 110sp in there (and keep it there), you could go for a TK Twist Barrrel (which I use and love).

AEG barrels need notches cut into them to be used with VSR's.

Hope that helps bud,

Alex (mj23lj)
                    Trader Feedback:
                    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

they tend to be pretty good when upgraded.

wouldnt bother with a variable scope myself - just get a 4x40 and you will be sorted

mac
                      i got a 3-9x50 instead. It's a HUGE scope, looks beautiful - Dead accurate too, but i suppose thats the gun, took minutes to zero in.
                      TM VSR-10 GSPEC
                      Originally posted by aeviv
                      I once saw a guy LITERALLY club a tree with his G36C, not a mark on it

Comment

Originally posted by Tr4shed View Post
                        i got a 3-9x50 instead. It's a HUGE scope, looks beautiful - Dead accurate too, but i suppose thats the gun, took minutes to zero in.
                        Huge? I'm running a 6-24x56. Crystal clear, I got it to follow Teflon coated .43s out to 80+ meters. But soon afterwards stopped useing that ammo. It was somewhat discontinued. Maby overkill for the job it's currently used for.
                        sigpic
                        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                        Working...
                        X