Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA ERG Series

Hi,

Noticed on some airsoft retailers and kwa's website that the ERG (Electric Recoil Gun) series will start releasing soon and if available for pre order.

This is taken from their announcement. Shame they put that longer hand guard on the scout looks naff.

New Product Press Release

City of Industry, CA – July 26th, 2013 - PTS RM4 ERG Series
    The PTS RM4 series of guns are variations based on the M4/AR-15 platform. The ERG (Electric Recoil Gun) RM4 system represents the continued evolution of the AEG (Automatic Electric Gun). Core features include a mechanical / electrical cut-off with the last round fired, functional bolt release, and simulated recoil via the proprietary Kinetic Feedback System. The included ERG PMAG is specifically designed to work with the auto cut-off system. The ERG is also compatible with standard AEG magazines (though the auto cut-off feature will not be active with these). With its new feature set, the RM4 offers the shooter a degree of functional realism not present in previous generations of AEGs.

The PTS AR15 ERG is a perfect training gun for the shooter who desires simulated felt recoil, more realistic firearms manipulation, and the reliability of Electric Airsoft Guns.

Core Features:

• Enhanced AEG Gearbox with Kinetic Feedback System Proprietary Recoil System
    • Mechanical / Electrical auto cut-off with last round fired
    • Functional bolt release for firing system reactivation
    • All Metal Billet-style AR-15 receiver
    • PTS RM4 PMAG with adjustable 30 or 60 round capacity
    • Flip-up rear PTS MBUS
    • PTS MOE Handguard
    • PTS MOE Pistol Grip
    • PTS MOE Stock

2 models will be initially available: the PTS RM4 CQB and the PTS RM4 Scout.

Release Date: Scout - 2nd half of August 2013
    CQB - TBA
    Pricing: PTS RM4 ERG Scout - $379.95
    PTS RM4 ERG CQB - $369.95

These products are co-distributed in the United States between KWA Performance Industries, Inc. and PTS Syndicate (America), LLC. International distribution is managed by PTS Management Group.

For further information and dealer inquiries, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].

PTS RM4 CQB:
    P/N PT610680307
    The PTS RM4 CQB ERG is a perfect training rifle for the shooter who needs a more compact rifle than a full length gun. Featuring a 10.5" barrel (with 14mm CCW barrel threading), it is the ideal CQB AR-15-type gun. The barrel is long enough to keep the user competitive in both outdoor and MOUT environments, yet short enough to be easily manipulated in tight spaces. The CQB-length PTS MOE handguard keeps the shooter's support hand far enough forward to maintain good control and pointability, yet close enough to the shooter's body that gun manipulations remain quick and efficient. Other PTS MOE accessories include an MOE stock, MOE rear BUIS, and an MOE pistol grip. An ambidextrous rear receiver sling plate makes this rifle user-friendly for both left and right-handed shooters.

Specification

Caliber 6mm
    Magazine Capacity 30/60 rounds
    Engine Kinetic Feedback System [KFS]
    Power Source 11.1v 15c Li-po/Li-Fe Dim. / Wt
    Inner Barrel Diameter: 6.05 mm
    Inner Barrel Length: 273 mm
    Outer Barrel Length: 26.67 cm [10.5"]
    Overall Length (Retracted): 68.44 cm [26.95"]
    Overall Length (Extended): 76.78 cm [30.23"]
    Weight: TBD kg [TBD lb]

Performance
    Rate of fire: 14+ RPS
    Velocity: 100-107 MPS [330-350 FPS]
    Energy Output with 0.20g BB: 1.14 Joules

Special Features
    Full metal alloy flat top upper receiver

Full metal alloy lower receiver

Adjustable hop-up

3GX gearbox

2G high performance bucking

Mechanical / electric cut-off system

PTS RM4 PMAG

PTS lower receiver

PTS MOE hand guard

PTS MOE pistol grip

PTS MOE stock with recoil pad

PTS MBUS rear sight

Semi-automatic & automatic select-fire

PTS RM4 Scout:
    P/N PT617680307
    The PTS RM4 Scout ERG is a well-balanced, mid-length training rifle. Featuring a 14.5" barrel (with 14mm CCW barrel threading), it is the ideal rifleman's gun. The standard length barrel keeps the user competitive in both outdoor and MOUT environments. The mid-length PTS MOE handguard allows slightly more real estate for longer grip manipulations, yielding better gun pointability. Other PTS MOE accessories include an MOE stock, MOE rear BUIS, and an MOE pistol grip. An ambidextrous rear receiver sling plate makes this rifle user-friendly for both left and right-handed shooters.

Specification
    Caliber 6mm
    Magazine Capacity 30/60 rounds
    Engine Kinetic Feedback System [KFS]
    Power Source 11.1v 15c Li-Po/Li-Fe
    Dim. / Wt
    Inner Barrel Length: 395mm
    Inner Barrel Diameter: 6.05 mm
    Outer Barrel Length: 36.83 cm [14.5"]
    Overall Length (Retracted): 78.74 cm [31.0”]
    Overall Length (Extended): 87 cm [34.25”]
    Weight: 3.37kg [7.42lbs]

Performance
    Rate of fire: 14+ RPS
    Velocity: 118-125 MPS [370-390 FPS]
    Energy Output with 0.20g BB: 1.27 – 1.41 Joules

Special Features
    Full metal alloy flat top upper receiver

Full metal alloy lower receiver

Adjustable hop-up

3GX gearbox

2G high performance bucking

Mechanical / electric cut-off system

PTS RM4 PMAG

PTS lower receiver

PTS MOE handguard

PTS MOE pistol grip

PTS MOE stock with recoil pad

PTS MBUS rear sight

Semi-automatic & automatic select-fire

Re: KWA ERG Series

Available know in US, pre order from UK stores.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I was excited about these then I watched a couple of video's about the new BOLT system, apparently delivers a more satisfying kick.

Comment

There's a breakdown video of internals up now, looks like it's built better than the stock TM recoils, but then it is designed to run at 370+ FPS rather than sub 300.

Really tempted by these, but want to see performance in the field first. Also the lack of after market parts puts me off, but that's the trade I guess.

Comment

KWA's AEGs are spot on, I'd be surprised if these are anything but the same!
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I think i will be keeping my TM socom on the very first videos of these ERg the bolt moved when firing and then locked partially back when empty now the dust cover stay shut and it looks naff.

Comment

Yeah recoil with no bolt movement looks rubbish. Maybe it breached TMs recoil patents to have a reciprocating bolt? Looks like a copy of the tremors recoil kit thingy, I'll stick to TM.

Comment

I couldn't give a crap about a fake bolt sliding back and forth.....if you've owned G&G M4 you'll realise how worthless the function is. This rifle will piss over TM's if it 1) kicks harder, and 2) comes with internals designed to satisfy any game play outside of Japan.....oh, and 3) its cheaper.

What I will say, this is another nail in the coffin of the 'standard' AEG.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                Yeah recoil with no bolt movement looks rubbish. Maybe it breached TMs recoil patents to have a reciprocating bolt? Looks like a copy of the tremors recoil kit thingy, I'll stick to TM.
                Yeah, but bolt movement without spent casing ejection, muzzle flash and explosive report is also rubbish.............

Comment

I agree the ERG's have nicer externals but tm's recoil shock range:

Has bolt movement
                  Great performance put of the box (will be impressed if kwa outperform tm stock)
                  Don't sound like sewing machines
                  Have tons of aftermarket parts
                  Are extremely reliable

KWA ERG's may prove to be better value but will not piss on tm

Comment

I wouldn't say the TM is "extremely reliable" by any counts.

In order for the bolt to move on the TM recoils, it relies on the piston coming back and hitting a small metal piece which then connects into the entire reciprocating bolt assembly. This metal piece is made out of pot metal, and eventually will crack, resulting in not having a moving bolt. Fortunately, TM parts and compatible aftermarkets parts seem to be ripe.

Who cares about upgrades if the KWA performs just as good? It's the hop system that I'm interested in when it comes to performance - ie, range and accuracy. Rate of fire and power isn't necessarily something I care for.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

my major annoyance of the KWA one is who thought it looked nice to have a 14.5" barrel and a rifle length hand guard looks like the barrel is too short now.

Comment

The breakdown video was all I needed to convince me, have pre-ordered one now. However, the follower on the ERG mags looks incredibly fragile, so i'll just be sticking to standard AEG mags. If I want to use a rifle with bolt lock I just switch to one of the plethora of GBBR's or TW's I own, simples. Also the trigger unit looks close enough to a normal one that I may attempt to install an ASCU as well, as much as I trust KWA to produce a gun capable of 11.1v LiPo's, not going to risk it in the long term.
                        Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

14.5" Barrel and a Mid Length Forend, love it myself though would prefer a12.5". I have been running this Mid Length CQB/R Look for awhile myself, looks great.
                          The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

It's a mid-length gas system & handguard, you can only just barely squeeze the rifle length on to a 16" barrel so it'd never fit a 14.5".

The mid-length gas system is just something that's taken off massively with real ARs in states in the last couple of years and PTS decided to do something more in keeping with the times. On the real gun, you get more gas than is necessary going back through when using a carbine length system (which is the standard one you see on almost all airsoft M4s and US issued M4/M4A1s) so with the mid-length you get a bit more time for the gases to bleed off before going back to the bolt carrier to cycle it and as a result, less muzzle rise. Obviously none of that makes a difference to shooting this gun, it's just replicating something that's very popular with real AR-15s. Personally I much prefer the look and I find it easier to mount on a light setup and get a good grip/stance with the longer handguards, the carbine lengths feel extremely cramped to me. Each to their own of course.

Edit - Those darn sneaky ninjas.
                            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I despise magpul grips anyway, and I imagine most people will be putting a ris on there anyway.

It looks like the only thing these will need is a spring clip and maybe a nice inner barrel. Would be interested to see what prometheus parts for the TM will fit in the KWA too.

Would be nice to have a fake bolt move, but in reality, can you actually notice the TM thing move when standing 5 foot away?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                              Working...
                              X