Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWA ERG Series

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
    I could get more excited about these wonderful new TW-esque AEGs if they weren't designed around the bloody AR15.

Give me an L85/Steyr Aug/G3/MP5, etc TW with functioning bolt stops etc and then you may have my money.

The AR15 has been done to death and then flogged some more in every iteration.
    A Steyr aug or SA80A2 TW would be truly awesome. To be fair though systema make a mp5 (TW5)

Comment

Tis true, many an M4 has crawled, slipped, and bubbled from the foetid vats of the Asian manufacturing machine. The thing is, due to parts, it's the most customisable platform available.

Comment

I was the second person in the country (I believe so anyway) to fire this today at another retailer.

Compared to the TM SOPMOD, it has much stronger recoil, very nicely built. Rock solid.

I'd purchase this over the SOPMOD any day.
        IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

@saltyyy, thats actually good to know, but could you give us a bit more detail?
          Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Actually sod all of those, I will take a TAR21 training weapon please.
            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by blair View Post
              The metal it is made from says metal alloy so probable some pot metal, the TM however is made from aluminium so no rusting if the paint wears off.
              If you fall on it, that's the end. It's brittle. Almost definitely a mix of zinc alloy

Comment

What's your source on that huntr? Kwa gats are very solidly constructed. Metal alloy/ aluminium (unless a specified alloy number) mean more or less the same thing coming from a reputable manufacturer.

Sent from outer space
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The hop bucking in these look very good, they're like a PDI W-Hold double point design which I know from first hand experience is very good. So accuracy shouldn't be an issue.

What I think a lot of the TWs, including the TM Recoil series lack is the simulated dependence of having to cock your rifle when a magazine is first inserted. I know for combat simulations it's a moot point but if you're going to call yourself something as pretentious as a 'training weapon' then you should really be trying emulate all works and functions of a rifle.

I think once electric guns start doing that satisfactorily then the crumby GBBRs will have their day.
                  - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

When are the damn AK ERG's coming out!

I'm sick to death of AR15's!

Comment

KWA bucking is meant to be a good one yeah

I think there will always be a place for gas guns, if not purely for the fun, look and feel. Impracticality be damned!

Sent from outer space

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                        What's your source on that huntr? Kwa gats are very solidly constructed. Metal alloy/ aluminium (unless a specified alloy number) mean more or less the same thing coming from a reputable manufacturer.

Sent from outer space
                        Sorry i was on about the TM one.

Comment

Ahhh, fair enough

Comment

The finish is lovely on the rifle, we ran it on a 7.4V LiPo and it had a decent ROF, I was still managing to fire single rounds off of automatic fire with quick trigger pulls.
                            Trigger pull is nice and crisp, the battery fits in the hand guard with plenty of room for your small type batteries etc, you could fit a bigger LiPo in there if you wanted.

Tamiya connector as standard, came really well packaged, in the typical PTS grey foam. Came with an old type speed loader, cleaning rod, manual and a red barrel cover.

Comes with MAGPUL markings on the lower receiver as you see with the G&P models, full MOE furniture, MBUS rear sight etc.

The magazine is very nice, the feeder protrudes to allow the rifle to detect an empty magazine, and you can change the magazine capacity from 60 rounds to 30. The magazine shell actually has the lips on, that you see on real magazines (To hold the bullets in etc) instead of being completely flush like the normal PTS magazines.

All around, a lovely rifle, it feels solid and would be a brilliant purchase for anyone into the AEG recoil series.

Much stronger recoil than the SOPMOD and SCAR I've tried, I can't say anything for the HK416 though, as I've been told it's got slightly stronger kick.

It takes normal AEG magazines as well, but you won't get the bolt stop feature.

Costs approx £400 from the retailer I used it at, compared to a £530 or so SOPMOD.

Makes sense to get the KWA to me
                            IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

The ERG's are still too expensive at £400, only £80 cheaper than a brand new marui sopmod. I think they should of sold them at a more competitive price at around the £300 mark. I'd rather take a marui sopmod over a KWA ERG for the price

Comment

I got my TM SOCOM for around £300 from Japan, and you can still get it at a similar price there - this seems like a nice gun, but as said above £400 isn't very competitive. I'd imagine it's out of the reach of KWAs usual market (12 year old Americans)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                                Working...
                                X