Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWA ERG Series

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
    I personally own two lovely KWA Kris's Vectors and recently bought (now traded) a lovely MP9. You think the parts and supply issue is a joke? Trust me, first hand experience speaking here.

I totally believe you when you state it's a lovely gun. I can assure you, I don't own a single TM product (yet), and I don't believe it would take much effort to build a more reliable, harder recoiling, more accurate and an all round nicer gun than a TM product......but, all guns fail (eventually), and based on past and present experience, KWA seem to give everyone outside the USA the middle digit when it comes to customer care and spares.

The ONE good thing to emerge from the ERG, competition and an indication of trend. I thought the emergence of products like the DTW, Airo Arms and A&K vapourware would signal companies like G&P, ICS et al. to start considering retiring the venerable AEG for a trending TW type platform......now, there's hope this trending will come from a proliferation of recoil rifles.

One final note about parts supply, this statement about TM being older and therefore (obviously) having better after market support.....consider this, how well are older KWA products supported with parts?......given past history, can you really see this being any differrent.?
    I don't think tm will ever be outcompeted on reliability

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
      I don't think tm will ever be outcompeted on reliability
      Try telling that to my TM P226 that didn't want to cylce and hated the cold, my WE P226 is still going and worked in -4.

I used to be a bit of a TM fan boy myself, as I say, a lot of other companies are doing just as well these days
      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
        Try telling that to my TM P226 that didn't want to cylce and hated the cold, my WE P226 is still going and worked in -4.

I used to be a bit of a TM fan boy myself, as I say, a lot of other companies are doing just as well these days
        My tm p226e2 has worked flawlessly in all conditions, by far the best gbb pistol I have owned. To be fair though I've heard nothing but good things about the new we pistols.

Comment

The TM P226e2 is truly excellent!
          sigpic

Comment

A well used TM P226 that I recently serviced wouldn't empty a whole mag running on propane at 20C until I made router shims for it (It is now epic post shims though).

The same servicing routine applied to a similarly used KWA glock produced a far more effective gun.

I'll wait and see on this - it could be great, it could be dire.

As KWA/KSC make the most reliable airsoft guns that I have ever personally serviced I quite frankly couldn't care that their US storefront is going down in flames. KSC are doing quite nicely over in taiwan, still making models that KWA claimed "are out of production", so I fail to see the issue with KWA's US operations going south.

They tweaked the standard AEG when they made the defender range and they got that bang on. Six rifles being skirmished relentlessly by my team-mates (who have broken many a G&P gun) tells me this, so I'm confident that they can follow through on this too.

TM sure as hell managed to with the recoil guns didn't they, I don't see why KWA couldn't as well.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              KWA ERG internals or KWA internals in general?

6 team mates have KWA Defender M4s, and they are all fantastic.

KWA gas pistols (bar the hop unit) are very well made.
              KWA internals for their AEGs are crap. I would link you to numerous threads showing exactly just why they suck but it would be linking to a forum that would not be allowed here.
              But i'll leave it there , the old for or against argument for KWA has been argued way too many times.

Originally posted by tisane
              Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

I think the price rise from US to UK is taking the p*** slightly as I've got an US based shop offering me one for less than £300 with shipping

Comment

that is all well and good until you pay £80 in taxes and import duty and do not get the warranty you would get from a UK retailer

Box of 3 ERG mags are £45 in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderfury View Post
                    KWA internals for their AEGs are crap. I would link you to numerous threads showing exactly just why they suck but it would be linking to a forum that would not be allowed here.
                    But i'll leave it there , the old for or against argument for KWA has been argued way too many times.
                    Im sorry, but your talking out your butt there....maybe their older stuff wasn't quite as good, but they have seriously improved their stuff in recent years. Their gearbox shells are superb, and come with re-inforcement as standard. Considering they are much bigger in the US, where a lot of their guns run in the 400-450 FPS region as standard, their internals are built to take high powered springs, and the parts are made to match. Drop the FPS down to UK limits, and its a walk in the park for their gearboxes.

Their hop buckings are also a 2 pronged design again as stock, so you get impressive range and groupings out the box.
                    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                      that is all well and good until you pay £80 in taxes and import duty and do not get the warranty you would get from a UK retailer

Box of 3 ERG mags are £45 in the UK
                      Again mags are $32 plus $8 shipping and the import tax works out to £53

Comment

? And spending £53 by importing is better than £45 in the UK because??

Comment

A fellow skirmisher I knew bought an LM4 Defender that packed in on the first game, I don't know what batch it was from but it was a pretty poor show and put me off them TBH.

I've had about five KWA pistols and SMGs in my time and their gas efficiency is truly industry leading for metal guns but there was just something I disliked, I could never put my finger on it. I do like my TM equipment I have now, mostly for their accuracy, performance and overall dependability, I could never say all three of those for my KWAs; as we speak I'm building funds for a TM MP7 I'm that impressed, I had a KSC MP7 as well so the comparison will be interesting. I do think it's a shame for KWA, they always set out to make a high quality product for the airsofter and this shone through but they really have fallen on their face in recent times.

No one else has said it so I might as well, TM AM BESTSTEST.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                            ? And spending £53 by importing is better than £45 in the UK because??
                            that was in reply to the quote of £80 import fees.

Comment

I'm very interested to see how this ends up. I've got 2 friends that have the ERG pre-ordered so I'll be able to see soon enough. I've only just come around to TM Recoils and it's great fun. Shame they're so expensive.

Also... KWA standard AEGs having junk internals? Are you high or something? My old KWA M4 was an absolute machine. 11.1v lipo out of the box, 22rps @ 330fps. Epic range and real good groupings. The only reason I got rid of it was to fund my new found love for TM recoils. (Even then I didn't sell it, I traded it for an awesome AK. Because everyone needs an AK!)

I'd buy a KWA ERG when they've been out for a while, maybe on the 2nd or 3rd batch.

Or maybe tomorrow. We'll see.
                              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

the arrival is delayed while they go through rohs and ce testing
                                airsoft in a pain for the bank manager

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                                Working...
                                X