KWA ERG Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWA ERG Series

The metal it is made from says metal alloy so probable some pot metal, the TM however is made from aluminium so no rusting if the paint wears off.

Comment

Originally posted by blair View Post
      The metal it is made from says metal alloy so probable some pot metal, the TM however is made from aluminium so no rusting if the paint wears off.
      Lol

Comment

Bolt movement may not be a big deal on an Armalite, but if the bolt was fixed on my TM AK I would not be nearly as interested in it. Same as my old G36k. It just adds to the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
          Bolt movement may not be a big deal on an Armalite, but if the bolt was fixed on my TM AK I would not be nearly as interested in it. Same as my old G36k. It just adds to the experience.
          The point I was making is that this is airsoft, and using an AEG, there will significant trade offs in realism compared to the real steel version. Citing a gun as being a 'fail' because it doesn't have a specific feature in favour of a another gun which also lacks certain realistic features is nonsensical.

If it's just a case of you being a TM fan, no problem, that's your choice.....doesn't make the KWA a bad gun though.

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
            The point I was making is that this is airsoft, and using an AEG, there will significant trade offs in realism compared to the real steel version. Citing a gun as being a 'fail' because it doesn't have a specific feature in favour of a another gun which also lacks certain realistic features is nonsensical.
            But to me it's the lack of that feature that makes it less desirable than alternatives. It would have been easy to make a reciprocating bolt, and for me that would complete it. You say an AEG trades off realism, but they bothered with the bolt lock for realism (creating a brand new magazine etc.), they bothered with recoil for realism (Designing a new gearbox etc.), so why not add simple bolt movement? The whole point of these is to provide realism that a normal AEG doesn't provide. I suppose it's because the recoil is based off the tremors kit, which is enclosed in the buffer tube/gearbox. It would have needed more modification to allow for blowback, but still, I think it may have lost them some sales - the recoil isn't really noticeable if you watch someone shoot it, but blowback is. These look like regular AEGs when shooting. If TM can do it, why not KWA? I thought they were meant to be engineered to be the best, or whatever they say.

I'm not saying it's a bad gun, it's just not one I would consider when there are well established alternatives that seem to work better and have the features I like. I may be proven wrong on that, but the TM still seems a superior system.

Comment

You can't describe the whole system as superior just because of a cheap fake bolt. Initial reports seem to look like the KWA internals are of a much higher quality than stock TM, which would be far more important...time will tell

Comment

The cheap bolt is a plus to me, why add a feature that only adds one more thing to go wrong. I'm buying this to shoot it, not watch someone else shoot it. If you shoulder it right handed you don't see the bolt, so it's irrelevant to me.
                The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                  You can't describe the whole system as superior just because of a cheap fake bolt. Initial reports seem to look like the KWA internals are of a much higher quality than stock TM, which would be far more important...time will tell
                  I can describe it how I want because to me that feature makes TM superior. Me, this is how I feel and I am entitled to that just as much as your are entitled to disagree. I'm sure they will sell lots, and I have no problem with anyone buying one especially if it kicks more than a TM, but for me it ruins it, so I won't buy one.

Comment

I'd expect KWA to make a better out of the box gun, considering the amount of time the TM recoil shock series has been around - they've had plenty of time to develop on it.

If these are reliable out the box then I'd happily trade in my TM 416 for one, they're more reasonably priced and I don't go as often so seems a waste of kit to keep an more expensive AEG.

But as mentioned already, that feed lip that sticks out the top of the magazine to activate the cut off-level/bolt function...looks delicate to say that least.
                    TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

Completely agree with you Aperturesci. I'll be sticking with TM. Honestly...no moving bolt on a gun based around the idea of more realistic firing? It's like building a Ferrari and sticking Nissan micra alloys on it!
                      Last edited by Coski; 19 August, 2013, 15:09.

Comment

It's more like building a Ferrari without flip up headlights in my opinion. Cool, but unnecessary engineering for achieving recoil. I'll just wait for ino or whoever it was to release the full bolt aeg that is in the works.

Sent from outer space
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                          It's more like building a Ferrari without flip up headlights in my opinion. Cool, but unnecessary engineering for achieving recoil. I'll just wait for ino or whoever it was to release the full bolt aeg that is in the works.

Sent from outer space
                          I'd forgotten about ino's offering! The electromagnetic system right? That looked very interesting. No doubt expensive of course.

Comment

I have to agree with Dave on this one. unless I'm firing on my weak hand, and also looking at the gun rather than my target, I'm incapable of even noticing it! Not even full travel bolt anyway, more like 25% travel.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHappy View Post
                              I have to agree with Dave on this one. unless I'm firing on my weak hand, and also looking at the gun rather than my target, I'm incapable of even noticing it! Not even full travel bolt anyway, more like 25% travel.
                              Would you buy a GBB pistol with a closed chamber? Say the slide was one solid molded piece, no ejection port - I wouldn't buy it - I see this as the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                                Would you buy a GBB pistol with a closed chamber? Say the slide was one solid molded piece, no ejection port - I wouldn't buy it - I see this as the same.
                                Thats hardly comparable. on a GBB pistol you can see the entire slide move, and is the sole reason the recoil exists. On the TM recoils, I can't see it, and the recoil would be there anyway...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                                Working...
                                X