This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG Ban ?

While playing at F&O Anzio yesterday during the safety brief the marshals said that BFG's were currently banned across all airsoft sites.

When I asked why, apparently someone threw one a BFG, and not an underarm, it was a proper heft, and it copped a guy in the face breaking his nose and cracking a cheekbone. As a result, the insurance company that covers 90% of airsoft sites in the UK wont cover any injury caused by BFG's anymore, so they are currently banned at F&O sites.

Anyone else heard anything about this ?
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Re: BFG Ban ?

I hope this isn't true, i hate it when the one thick skulled retard ruins it for everyone.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

Comment

Ouch I hope this is not the case too !

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

Which company is this?

Comment

They mean BFG's are banned at all F&O sites for the time being - they are currently trying to negotiate with insurers but to put it bluntly, the insurers are being assholes! Any other insurers may not be affected, but I guess all those who are with the same as F&O are going to have to ban it too.

With a bit of luck it should get sorted, but I know a few team mates have already sold their BFG's on so its not looking promising! Expect a few in the for sale section anyway!

Comment

Get new ones?

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
            You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
            Kid has issues

Comment

I have the funds waiting in my paypal account...

Comment

I heard the very same thing when I played their Bolton Woodland site last week.

Comment

So where would the insurance company have come in to play here? Would the player with the broken nose have complained? Is it just me that would try and keep quiet about an injury that could potentially affect airsoft across the nation? I'd be having a word with the site owner (once consciousness had been regained!) and making it clear what happened...

Maybe that's not how it works, I don't know much about the insurance side of it.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                  Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

The marshal didn't tell me what company does their insurance, just that they cover alot of airsoft sites around the country.
                    Personally I'm keeping hold of my BFG's for now, but I get a feeling that this could be permanent bad news.

Yeah, I'm not sure at what point the insurance company would become involved unless the injured player was after compensation ? If anyone knows the actual process here I'd be greatfull if they would explain
                    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

Yesterday at First and only airsoft battle lakes they were allowed...

Comment

Thanks - would be good to know what company; especially if, as you say, it affects 90% of the UK.

Comment

i play at the northern F+O sites (on and off)

The rule about throwing BFGs underarm only is mentioned at the beginning of every game.

F+O could make an example here.
                          dont punish everyone for a single persons incompetance - punish the individual -- like 6 months ban or something

i cant see F+O as a company getting sued

(edit- i have 3 BFGs, and have used them for knocking on 6 years without incident)
                          Last edited by Keefy; 3 April, 2011, 22:17.
                          Also Selling:

PTW / CTW - Pmags, RED followers, Vanaras/Systema internals:
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...306#post591306

Comment

The marshal did tell me it wasn't on an F&O site that this happened, it was another site. He wasn't keen to give out names of places or companies involved though :/

I was hoping someone on here might have known about the incident in question or even the person that committed said incident, then we could have all found him and punched him in the face for possibly having these great little grenades banned.

Comment

Did i realy just see a comment about "the insurers are being ar$€holes?!?

Wouldnt you be at the prospect of paying out tens of thousands in compo?

And to be fair if that had happened to me after a saftey breif says "BFGs to be posted underarm" im sorry but i would be on the phone to a solicitor at the earliest possible opportunity, thats what PLI is there for!!
                              Some dope tw@ts you up the butt in your car you dont turn around and say "ohh dont worry about it" all for the good of other drivers insurance premiums.

At its worst this will go to court and some one will have to pay out for the poor guys injuries, with the exeption of a ban on BFGs this will have no bad bearing on airsoft whatsoever.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                              Working...
                              X