X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFG Ban ?

It would seem you are in the minority.

Everybody else seems to think having your skull cracked does not fall into the "Whoops.... oh well...." category

Oh, and for the breaking your arm example. Your own fault for falling over, the shots didn't knock you down. You fell down on your own accord, maybe through surprise?! Being shot in the leg does not foreseeable cause people to fall over, so lacks proximate cause :D

Comment

its the marshals responsibility during the briefing to make sure that people used their bfgs in a manner that will not cause harm to others,by deploying it under arm and rolling it along the floor,so i suppose if someones chucked it in the air,then they havnt done their job properly,and could be liable.imo
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        The other guy shooting you could be seen as the cause, but lets face it BBs dont put you flat on your back.
        I fell down a hilL after loseing my footing after some random guy poped up and stared shooting at me. :/
        iTs being suprised and going WTF and not concentraiting for theT milisecond
        Last edited by Tyler; 4 April, 2011, 00:09. Reason: key board not working

Comment

As far as I recall, you could only pursue the site if they failed to take appropriate steps to stop it happening. If they specifically mention it in the safety briefing, I can't think what else they could have done.

Comment

I really hate the whole suing aspect of today's world. I'd quite happily see sueing people banned.

What happened in the olden days? People just got on with their sh*t!

I can't see BFGs being banned, and I certainly hope not. They're are fantastic bits of kit.

Perhaps they'll just be made lighter? Not sure why they're so heavy anyway!

Comment

Just to clarify coz my post is a bit upwards and prolly got missed :

F&O advise people to wear full face, but its your choice if you dont want to.

The also say in the safety brief that BFG's are under arm throw only, they are bowled down a corridor, or into a room, they are never thrown.

But this incident didn't happen at an F&O site, it happened at another site, but the marshal didn't tell me where.
              It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

i'm well up for a teddy shaped bfg XD

Comment

Originally posted by dfrear View Post
                  They mean BFG's are banned at all F&O sites for the time being - they are currently trying to negotiate with insurers !
                  Really??????

I was at Battle Lakes yesterday and Lee did not mention this and he runs 2 F&O sites and is about as straight up and nformed as they come. If this is true I am extrememly surprised as BFG's were in play and allowed

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    My site's disclaimer on the sign-in sheet:

"By signing below I am confirming that I have read and understood the rules and safety guidelines set out by ‘***********’ and that I will abide by them at all times. I am also aware that I am obliged to wear minimum standard eye protection, that full face and skin protection is highly recommended and that personal injury may result from skirmishing."

I don't expect it covers everything and we do of course have PLI but it just rams home (I hope) that players have a personal responsibility to each other.
                    I was going to mention this. This would deffo cover the site irrespective of said to55er as it's in black and white his sig saying he agrees to site rules.

That said I was a while ago on a site and one came hurtling from miles away and the guy looked cheesed off that it exploded on impact...lol..Lucky it didn't hit one of us.

Even at Catterick you can't lob pyro into or out of upstairs windows, spoils it a bit. In my opinion.

We had best hope that they don't go down the same route as they do for construction, you can't fart outside the toilet block unless you've been trained to do so.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

It might have all been cleared up by now.
                      Dont forget with no offence to Four leaf but this is what we are hering from him that he heard from someone else...etc...etc

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                        I was going to mention this. This would deffo cover the site irrespective of said to55er as it's in black and white his sig saying he agrees to site rules.
                        Actually, you can't sign away your right not to be physically harmed by somebody else's negligence - the law does not recognise such contracts.

Comment

NO NO to make said to55er responsible for his actions. Not to say aww bless lets have a nice cup of tea then all will be fine.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

But surly no one throws it to actually hit his face ?

A couple of months ago a guy ended up with a pyro down his jumper it went off but he was ok ( jumper a bit burnt though )

Now was the fault the person who chucked it or him for wearing a baggy jumper ?

To me it was a accident and to him also ??

Comment

No offence taken Tisane, I started this thread to see if anyone else had heard anything about this as the info I got was a bit lacking.

With the pyro down the jumper, that's an accident, but BFG's weigh a pound a two, if they are thrown at head height they are going to hurt, as apparently some poor blokey found out.
                              It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

All this insurance crap really does my head in too - blame the americans, absolutely ridiculous, where does it all stop, kids are not even allowed to play conkers anymore without adequate eye protection.
                                Rules and smallprint these days are required in every aspect of life to prevent people and companies being sued and I think it's out of control. But in this case - a broken nose and cracked cheekbone, that's pretty serious - I personally would take the hit, but I've had a broken nose a fair few times when I used to do full contact martial arts, have also had a dislocated shoulder & broken clavical while training and it never occured to me to sue the organisation. But I take my 17yr old nephew to airsoft and if some idiot broke his nose and cheekbone with something like this, I wouldn't just smile and say 'don't worry about it mate'. So maybe the BFG design needs to be changed so it is safer when thrown - got to remember that some people take their 14yr old kids to these things.
                                I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                                Working...
                                X