This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFG Ban ?

If we're going down the 'who's to blame' road, fault lies fair and square with the tosser (no pun!). The site (or insurers) aren't culpable as the site mentioned it in the safety brief. The individual should pursue the tosser for ABH and 'wreckess endangerment'...

Comment

Last week at the asylum some berk threw a Bfg like it was a ball grenade, very very lucky it didn't hit the player in front of me right over the face. Co-incidentally he is a Marshall and confiscated said grenade immediately and gave everyone on site a reminder of the Bfg rule.

Saying that, I've just got an impact grenade, no need to heft that thing, just pop it round a corner and follow it. Works every time :-)

Comment

Its a bit of a issue, between the insurers, the site, and the injured party. The injured party approaches the site, asks for insurance details, and then contacts said company. They have to pay out compo for the injured party. Company then tells site that unless they ban the use of said BFGs, they wont insure them anymore. Its not a case of the site at fault, but thats why they have to have liability insurance. The individual who caused the injury to said injured party SHOULD be the one who is haggered for compo, but because it happened on what im guessing is private property, then the site are the ones at liability, safety brief or not. The injured party will and should rightly claim, as facial injuries are a big thing, due to the fact its the one area which you cant really cover up. I would certainly claim in that situation. Not because im after a quick injection of cash, but if you were injured in a car accident im sure you'd milk it for a couple more grand with a 'bad back' or whiplash. Its happened to me in the past, where said injured party claimed against me, despite being back at work a couple of days later.
        The things that could come out of this vary. If the claim is successful, the insurers might not change anything, might change the contract, or might withdrawl the contract with the site in question. This could possibly have a knock on effect, especially if other insurance companys decide to follow suit. It will all have to be settled either between the company and the claimee, possibly with some form of law involved, (be it court etc), and then with the company and site.

Comment

If this is true i can see a rapid increase in tornado grenade sales
          TAE

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            If we're going down the 'who's to blame' road, fault lies fair and square with the tosser (no pun!). The site (or insurers) aren't culpable as the site mentioned it in the safety brief. The individual should pursue the tosser for ABH and 'wreckess endangerment'...
            It doesent work that way.
            Said to$$er may not have heard that part of the brief.

Just before i left my job (to look after my kids) i ran over a customers foot pulling there car out of our depot, (i was a tyre fitter) even though the customer was fully in the wrong and my boss was told everything would be fine as there are numerous signs around asking customers to wait in reception because said customer "didnt see the signs" and it couldnt be proved that he did see them to save on insurance it was settled out of court.
            Cost the company money not me.

Ive damaged customers cars wheels...etc...etc and its always the company that pays not me.

And i make damn sure they know that £10 or £100,000 thats what insurance is for and not my wages.

Comment

Wow, there really are people that dont give a toss about other players well being.

Well obviously I know that, there's enough of the "I love to full auto people in the face" comments on here but it just makes me feel like at some point this game will get banned
              It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Originally posted by tubzza View Post
                If this is true i can see a rapid increase in tornado grenade sales
                untill someone gets hit in the face with one
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                  Looks like I will have to develop a marshmallow BFG. But then I am sure some one would have an allergic reaction so they would be banned too.

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                    Been there done that and sh@ my pants at the lump on the guys head.
                    Before anyone says anything it WAS underarm but the guy was taking cover at the bottom of a flight of stairs.

Comment

I cant see them being banned any time soon... Im sure I heard somewhere that most sites dont cover BFGs in thier insurance anyway as theyre sort of a grey area, though I dont have any evidence to back that up.

Though to be honest, lets face it how many of us have seen things done, and usually by marshals themselves (scaffold pipe rocket launchers/mortars anyone?), that H&S and thier insurance companies would have a field day over? After all we play a sport that involves running around trying to kill each other :P

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                        It doesent work that way.
                        Said to$$er may not have heard that part of the brief.
                        Hmm - what about written rules? Someone might not read well? If the company does everything in it's power to prevent the accidents then surely it's not culpable?

Comment

Crying shame and I hope it's a temporary thing. True, they are risky to chuck around, but I've seen far more injuries in the past six years of airsofting caused by players falling into holes/downstairs/metal spikes/etc. Quite a few head injuries from smacking into girders and suchlike too.

Hope it blows over as I'd be screwed without my bfgs.

Comment

Mate i would bet they could pull every indiviual player and read the rules to them alone and in one form or another they would still be liable.

After i crashed a customers car in my early days and Kwik Fit tried stiching me for the cost of repairs ive made it my mission when taking a job to ensure even the tinyest of costs arent covered by me, to the point of seeking legal advice when the above tried planting a £6000 repair and hire car bill on me.
                            Lets just say it went no further than the first solicitors letter.

And yes the above incident was realy my fault driving too fast on a slipery painted floor, brakes locked and i ploughed into a 2 post lift

A way to combat this may be to have players sign a waiver upon starting the game stating that if injured in anyway the site will not be held responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              A way to combat this may be to have players sign a waiver upon starting the game stating that if injured in anyway the site will not be held responsible.
                              Most do already!

Although it's only really enforced as much as... "Oi, have you signed the waiver before?"

Saying that, I think Urban Assault make you fill out a new one every time!

Comment

Accidents happen its a fact of life, i dont know why 1 accident = country wide ban.

H&S again crazy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                                Working...
                                X