Clear All

• Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Originally posted by hapi View Post
    UKSF doesn't use flip up rear sights, its the Demaco carry handle or acogs
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
      UKSF doesn't use flip up rear sights, its the Demaco carry handle or acogs
      Or EOTechs or Aimpoints

Comment

awesome photos guys!

also, for the guys who used milliput to form their Diemaco front sights, did you form it on the barrel and then remove it? and any suggestions or tips for doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
          Or EOTechs or Aimpoints
          Have seen one L119 10" upper with an Aimpoint Comp4 fitted.

Comment

There's some photo's up on another web-site of The Pathfinder Platoon during a British And French Airborne Forces joint exercise 2013 some good close up's of the Diemaco.

Comment

Good pics those, thanks for the heads up. Found some on the daily fail site.

Comment

• My 119 - has taken 6 months to get it right - just need PEQ 15 and Surefire!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367617140.989309.jpg

Sent from the dark side by the power of the force!!
                Jon Steele
                OC 1 Squadron Airsoft Team

Comment

Finally, after being tempted by all the lovleyness on here, I've put together my own. One or two bits not 100% right, but for me, I'm happy.
                  Last edited by Menashem; 4 June, 2013, 00:33.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I've Decided to do a L119a1 Project and I already have a few of the parts:

-Barrel Extension
                    -Stock and Buttpad
                    -Handguards (will get RIS later, Using originals for a Dated Impression)
                    I have an ACOG in mind but im not sure which one?

anything i've forgotten? and any useful hints or tips would be greatly appreciated

-Phoenix-
                    "God Is Airborne.....Because he failed his PRMC"

-Per Mare Per Terram- HM Royal Marines
                    -By Strength And Guile- Special Boat Service

Comment

Some folks prefer the Storm Grip but people that know people (nudge nudge) say they're not being fitted to new ones these days, so it's your call. I bought a X4 acog for mine (above in tan) if you hunt around you can pick one up for not too much but red dot ones are more reasonably priced and good for quick targeting if thats how you play.

A PEQ box for your battery if you can't squeeze in a battery in the front RIS (its difficult) and a foregrip. If you don't have a lot of cash lying around for a solid front sight, invest in some miliput for filling it in. Some people put a bit of sniper tape around it to cover the gap if you don't want to do that.

Thats...probably about it! Good luck with the build, and make sure to uploads pics.

*EDIT - apperantly colt Canada don't make the solid front sight these days, so its your call. Personally, I love them and think they add that final old school touch.
                      Last edited by Menashem; 5 June, 2013, 20:14.

Comment

Cheers Menashem!

I do have a Grip in mind but its neither the storm or the original its basically the storm but without that little separating part near the top, for realism i might put some Milliput in whilst I'm doing the front sight, I agree they do add a certain touch to it and it also sets them apart from all the people calling them M4's etc which i hate when they do that, I think i might try a buffer tube battery so that i can quickly change upper receivers if need be but i doubt i will after I've spend so much time and money on this baby. as for the ACOG i'll probably get a red dot for looks now and possibly get a 4x one somewhere along the line (when i have more money), also how do i do that dusty look? is it using a specific paint or method? I would only use black for a specific Impression, and i already know how to weather the metal. Anyway thanks for the advice and i will definetley put up some pics when its done

-Phoenix-

Comment

Mine was done with a can of Halfords Ford Tuscan Beige (oh yes) and a very fine grade sanding sponge (not paper) Sprayed at a distance of about 2 foot using very light sweaping strokes and keeping the spray light. It dries in about 5 minutes. If it's good enough for a car, it's good enough for a toy gun. Worn around where you would expect and always in the same grain - forwards/ backwards, not up/down. Liberal doses of sniper tape and you're done. My front sight was Milliputed, its a faff and slightly uneven - another reason to spray it, hides mistakes

Comment

haha top stuff! I will probably do something similar but it won't look as good as i dont have a UKARA license (military family - move around too much) but i think i might have a solution to make it look good just the same, also found a site that will supply all the necessaries for both the 16" and the CQB (surefire light + suppressor, both styles of ACOG, and various other things to improve the gun and my loadout to go with it. Sniper tape is of course a necessity in ALL loadouts and setups

-Phoenix-

Comment

Quick question. Part way through building my L119A1, wondering on the SF 556 Supressors. What length should I be going for? 6" (148mm according to the one I've found, so 5.8" technically) or the 6.72" supressor?

Comment

6" is right

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X