Hi.Capa's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi.Capa's

I damaged my slide and it stopped locking back after the last round was fired so I upgraded to a metal slide and did majority of the internals at the sametime. I opted for a 6.03 inner barrel. The nine ball hop rubber and gas routers are awesome. I'd recommend these to everyone. I haven't changed my valves as I haven't found the need to. It fires a dream and is very crisp with that top slide. I was very surprised how easy it was to fit and the outer barrel was the only thing that needed a tiny bit of fettling.

Standard my capa was doing 290 fps on propane. It's now averaging at 335 and peaks at 340. I'll get some piccies up later.

Cornish, glad you posted about the sights as I was tempted to get some of them as well but I'll stick with the standard sights now.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      Nice, liking the new grip. Still after a railed frame for my 5.1 at the moment.
      Yeah I wouldnt mind getting myself one of those cutback ones. They look nice. Or even something non railed and totally different shape to the square one that I have now.

Still sad that I didnt keep my Hi capa as the 5.1 with the M6 unit. Damn that thing looked good!

Comment

Here is the upgraded one. She's lovely.

Comment

That is a nice one. Just need a new set of grips to finish it off I think!

Next up on mine is a La Brama Pro SX slide for mine.

Does anyone know how to adjust the trigger? Ive got a new one with my grips, and theres a little bit of slack in the trigger before it sets off the hammer, so wanted to remove the slack, but cant seem to find how!

Comment

New frame fitted to match the kimber slide, just installed gas router shims and a firefly hop rubber, works an absolute treat.

Got some airsoft surgeon bits on route, namely a nozzle and piston head and a lightweight blowback unit.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thats really nice! much better than the previous one! Im going to be getting the non railed version for mine soon, unless I suddenly like it with the rail!

Mine should be diagnosed tomorrow, fixed next week, along with the new slide!

Comment

Nice, I dont know what causes your issue TBH, I reckon it is partly cycle speed and the fact the plastic is breaking away.
                Look forward to seeing yours once its pimped somemore.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah. Im hoping that the new slide will just fix the issue. The slide release seems to have too much side to side movement, so its not quite touching the mag bumper, and keeps slidding off and getting stuck. So Im hoping that the slide has just become too damaged in that area, and the new slide will hold it in place. Could well be a new slide release as well, which is a shame. Normal one for me next time I think, just to avoid any issues!

Comment

You might be ok, mine needed a tiny bit of filing between the prongs so it would engage properly, the side of the slide is slightly thicker, but it locks back now.

Comment

• Re: Hi.Capa's

your slide needed filing? is it a guarder one?

Comment

Nope not the slide, it was the actual slide lock that just needed 2 seconds to open the gap slightly.

Comment

Ahh I see. Mines too wide perhaps. Even so, when pushed in tight, it only just touches corner to corner with the mag, which isnt very good design!

Comment

While not my pistol, it is a picture of a Hi Capa, and something I plan to build at some point funds allowing!

Comment

Thats absolutely gorgeous! wow

Comment

Yeah. Stunningly easy to copy as well! (if youre on a budget you dont need the exact parts he used)

- Guarder/Tanio Koba Tactical Grips
                                - KJW upper railed frame (Like the one SeanSamurai just bought!)
                                - Kimber 5.1 slide
                                - Dytac Night sights or battle sights (forgot the brand of ones he used)

Job done! I might create something similar in all black, or shell out the £30 for the green grips (I already have the black ones and wish Id got green!)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                                Working...
                                X