Collapse

SCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is a Kings Arms HK style M4 grip (416 style like you say)
    It did require a combination of a small spacer inside the top of the grip plus about 2~3mm removed from the sidewalls. I did it all by eye and it took forever!! It was worth it for numerous reasons though; style, comfort, perfect gear alignment etc...
    I'm building up the motivation to undergo the same procedure on the TM SCAR H too.

Comment

• Re: SCAR Thread

ah very nice

ill probably leave mine as it is, im not good with modding lol

does ur ssr shoot over 400?

is it possible to lock the vfc to semi only?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbera View Post
        Cheers:-)
        Just noticed that your SSR and most of the others I've seen online (not many!) have shorter side rails. Any reasoning to that, I wonder..?
        Yep, VFC stopped fitting the longer ones - no idea why. Weight reduction, perhaps? The SSR is ridiculously front heavy after all. If it were a GBBR I'd have stuck weights in the stock to balance it, but as it's an AEG that's not an option.
        Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

• Funny you should say that because the process was reversed here in Japan. This is my second SSR and it the latest batch (in Japan at least).
          My first was the short rail version but I was desperate for the "ridiculous real estate" look that this newer one offers so I had to have it!
          Exactly the same internally of course, also I've seem photographic evidence of both versions existing in RS.
          All I need is this stock and I'll be in airsoft heaven!!!

Comment

• To Ford fiesta,
            It's possible to lock any AEG to semi auto if you're so inclined. Mine is for realism and satisfaction reasons, but also because I was concentrating on the fastest possible response with an air-brake piston set up. It makes an excellent sophisticated "thudding" noise now, I love it!!

As for the FPS, the limit is 1 joule over here in Japan (about 300?!) I've used every method know to man to squeeze the most range out of this gun as possible, but with the FPS limits it's limiting to say the least.
            TBH it only shoots about 5~8 meters more that my bog standard TM SCAR-H but with a lot more accuracy and a lot less noise if course.
            At the end of the day I've thrown stupid amounts of money at it to make it the best of my arsenal to match its super model looks, but was it worth it....................

YES!!! ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Comment

IMG_0564.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0567.jpg

My new Marui SCAR Heavy!
              TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
              TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

And heavy it will be with all those bolt ons! :D
                Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

hehe just thought i'd 'decorate' it for the picture :P
                  TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                  TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

lovely work guys!! slightly of topic but where can I get the body screws from??

ive bought a project VFC scar, andits missing one screw for the side...

also the other prob im havingis the right selector switch is not fully following the right....
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Big scope is big. 0_0
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

• Hi,
                        The body screws shouldn't be impossible to find at a regular DIY shop I would think? They don't look to be snitching special?
                        I've also had good luck finding bolts and screws and stuff at RC car shops.
                        I'll have a look later on.
                        The misaligned fire selector could be a bit fiddly. All you can do is remove the grub screws and see what is going on inside, probably a sheared connecting rod or something.

And I'm assuming the big scope is referring to my SSR, it is big indeed
                        ;-) its a Novel Arms SureHit 4〜16×56.
                        Completely OTT for airsoft, but the clearest view and the best eye relief I've seen on any scope less than $1500.

Comment

awesome looking scars guys!
                          sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

It kinda follows it, but has a lot more wobble... having one big connector to nothing doesn't help...
                            FOR SALE

Comment

No idea if the VFC screws are the same size as the AGM (and Classic Army or DBoys) bodyscrews, but a pack of M4 x 10 black countersunk screws would fit everything except the lower rail on my Scar (and a pack of 20 came out at about £1.90 posted from a well known auction site).
                              Just whip out one of the side rail or the top body screws and use that to get your size (the other body screws as stock might be shorter and getting that size may not let you tighten the ris or top screw properly).
                              The 2 screws on the lower rail are likely to be a larger size (a bunch of M5 x 12 I had kicking about worked on the AGM.. although they arn't countersunk.. or black :P)
                              AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Cool. I'm on about the screws on the side of the body test doubt attach to anything!!!
                                FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X