SCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

Can you imagine the overall cost of a GBBR with ten mags? The price is scandalous as it is!!!

Comment

Pan, I have ten mags for my SCAR L - I've dropped about... £800 into it, easily. That's not counting gas, silicon oil/lube/spray, etc.

That said I love it, I'd have it no other way.
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Panoptes?: how would you rate that elcan btw? thinking of getting one, do they zero ok?
        Originally posted by bravotwozero
        Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

There's no point zeroing an Airsoft weapon - it can't be done to any significant range. As for the optics... they're simply amazing. Razor sharp with great eye relief.

Comment

Thought i'd do a quick update on my SCAR.

Obviously I got nothing on Pan but hey :P Gimme your thoughts, Anything I should change/add?

SCAR 1.jpgSCAR 2.jpgSCAR 3.jpgSCAR 4.jpg

*edit* Urgh just realised how terrible the quality is on those pictures, my bad! :s
            TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
            TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Archer - try some magpuls or ranger plates.

Update on my own SCARs - is this video better for you chaps? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hsBT70sJnE

Yes I know, my trigger work is poor. I'm not normally like that, but my blood was up, shit was going DOWN! :P

Well, sad story time - today my WE SCAR finally died on me. The trigger mechanism has finally worn down and now it jams after each shot. I'm going to treat myself to a full RA-Tech steel upgrade kit for it to nip this issue in the bud. Until then, I've been playing with my SCAR H SSR, and it performed so well today that I bought it a present. Sorry about the crappy photo quality, but check it out! :D

Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I watched that video recently and swore that I recognised that SCAR! It's a small world :P

Oh and I'm looking into getting some magpuls, but sadly can't justify spending £30 on some bits of rubber at the mo! :P Hopefully I'll find a good deal on the accessories thread
                Last edited by -Archer-; 2 April, 2012, 19:11.
                TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Pan if you sell this one PM ME FIRST!!! Haha.

What's the recoil like on it?
                  Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by omgitzjamiiee View Post
                    Pan if you sell this one PM ME FIRST!!!
                    PM on the way!

When I decide to sell.

What's the recoil like on it
                    'Midly impressive' to be fair but it's not why I bought it.

Comment

Well, I just ordered some replacement parts to get my SCAR back into working order. Lets see how long they take to get here from across the other side of the world.

Comment

my we scar in its current state, will be adding an element m951 that ive just bought. First experience with a gbbr, gotta say, I love it.

Comment

Welcome to the club Mack!

Comment

And in at the poverty end of this thread lands my trusty DBoys SCAR-L. This is my cheap-as-chips 'rental gun' that I lend to any friends who want to try airsoft. I got it for £130, threw in an old ICS Turbo3000 motor, a madbull red bucking and squeezed a 9.6v mini in the stock and the damn thing just keeps going, I haven't even bothered de-gunking or shimming the 'box but it flatly refuses to die! (I secretly want it to break so I have an excuse to replace the internals with something less... agricultural)
                            The only significant mod is the grip, if you look closely its a G16 M4 grip attacked in a frenzied evening of filing and sanding. I think the contoured look fits the gun well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                            Last edited by Daedricbob; 5 April, 2012, 22:49. Reason: spelling fail

Comment

I would post some photos of my scar, but to be honest it's just a TM Scar L with an Acog stuck on it :P.

Has anyone found a none-permanent way of stopping the creaking sound coming from the stock? In particular the area around the folding catch and the buttpad? It's not a problem but I would like to sort it if it's not too much of a hastle.

Comment

Ares Scar-L with EGLM

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X