Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

So, we're clear:

High ROF is a substitute for poor field skills. It can't be for any other reason.

Comment

do i detect a bit of jelousy from a few people here.... i dont think some of you apriciate how much time and money goes into a high speed gun. if somebody has spent hours modding there gearbox and spent lots of hard earned cash on parts of course they are going to want to play with it. on the bright side those of you not using high speed set ups can feel better knowing that that guy with the 40rps gun that has to buy twice as much ammo as you at the start of the day is going to have gun failure at some point soon and you will still be playing when he is trundleing back to the car to get his back up gun or has to go home early

Comment

My P90 runs at 38rps and I use 4 lo-caps & 2 150rd mid-caps which I barely get to during games + most the time I use it on semi auto.

Its highly highly useful for cover fire, scaring the shit out of people and holding positions with a very small force against a larger oposing force.

That said the its my only AEG I normally use GBBRs with 5 mags. I also dispise Hi-Caps and given the chance I would find them all and destroy them then ban them from creation every again.

I hate people who have high ROF guns and guns sit in a corner spraying the room without taking fingers of the trigger or using 5000rd drum mags etc...

High ROF is ok if you use it correctly and dont act like a wanker when using it, it can be as bad as running with a hot gun.

Comment

Rof 1 max trigger response
          2 very little lock up on semi
          3 for hitting twats who refuse to take their hits
          4 for retaliating at systema owners who never get marshals picking on them for high Rof

Comment

"So, we're clear:

High ROF is a substitute for poor field skills. It can't be for any other reason."

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, i'm afraid...
            There are undoubtedly those who use it to compensate for a gap in their skill or experience, but that is not the sole reason for having it.

Engineering prowess measures highly among some players at my regular site. In the same manner as tuning an engine, there is certain bragging rights to be had over what can be reliably achieved. 1000rps for three trigger pulls is a bit pointless, but 50rps for 100,000 rounds is a feat of engineering brilliance. If you are capable of doing this, you are the man i will pay to fix/customise my gun.

Furthermore, it has a tactical advandage in the true sense if used correctly - there is a reason we ditched the FN SLR in favour of a select fire assault rifle... sometimes you simply need to fill the airspace with high velocity wasps!

In airsoft, hosing somebody down with a huge weight of fire is unsporting. It generally is not necessary, but putting a huge weight of fire into a doorway/window/barrier in order to supress the enemy and keep their head down is just good tactics. A low fps, high rof gun is just the job for CQB. Clearing a room or owning a corridoor with a pistol is great and certaily shows a level of nerve, skill and finesse. The flip side being it also shows a distinct lack of testicular fortitude on the part of the OPFOR who have the guy out gunned!

In real steel terms, would you rather i asked you to clear a room with grenades and an assault rifle, set to "A" for "accurate", or would you prefer i sent you in armed with a pistol?

Airsoft is a game - a competition - and i for one want to win every game i play. To win you need superior kit, training and tactics and that is the crux of it, i think, tactics tailored to the game. You could argue that individual soldiers don't carry 6+ mags of 300 rounds each so it is unrealistic. The counter being that a MDF hut, a piece of wriggly tin or a canvas advertising banner would not protect you from a hand full of 5.56 / 7.62mm rounds and i dont need to be within 50m to shoot you.

High rof guns have their place in airsoft, it the guy with the trigger finger who is questionable!

The other (short) argument i have FOR high rof guns is accuracy. We are blessed enough to not have issues with recoil. To that end, if i put a burst in your direction and i hit you once, chances are i hit two or three times. With more and more people wearing plate carriers / faux body armour, you sometimes genuinely don't know you have been hit.

I smoked a guy as he came through a door way wearing a plate carrier with mags, pistol and accessories on the front. He very sportingly said "i didn't feel any of them but there is no way you missed me". He thanked me for burst fire restraint, shook my hand, took his hit and went to re-gen. Flip-side, a team mate called me out as i took a sniper round on my plate carrier i didn't feel... i took the walk...

Any way - the long and the short of is - i agree your argument has some credence, but i don't think it is watertight!

Comment

I try to keep any high rof build I`m going to play with under 40`ish with a 7.4v I think anything much over 40 is a waste of ammo and unfair to not only yourself but everyone else playing. That being said even in a semi game I like an aeg to shoot at least 30rps or mid 20`s otherwise the trigger response is a bit of a lag when your used to a 30rps plus gun.

I also think range is a big issue if someone is a fair distance away then a burst or 2 is not going to hurt but if their close up then 1 or 2 rounds should do the job fps depending.

I mean I`ve taken a moscart to the face before and got a mouth full of gas it`s not really that bad its just the unexpected shock, but yeah it`s never nice when someone looses a tooth or something like any airsoft weapon you just can`t act like a prick with it or someone will get hurt.
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                So, we're clear:

High ROF is a substitute for poor field skills. It can't be for any other reason.
                It also means you have a MASSIVE penis. (Its a joke)

Puresilver I totally understand what you're saying. But its down to the site owners to come up with some sort of a "soloution" to this for their regular players. Theres a few sites that run a mix of single only and normal games. I think its more fun with its single only but there are still uses for full auto in normal games. Its handy to be able to sort of provide yourself with some offensive fire. But the fact is as long as there is more than one person playing airsoft there are going to be different opinions on this matter. I'm all for the live and let live approach.

And as for what you quoted me on. People can have a high rof gun until they abuse it e.g. excessive overkill / using full auto at stupidly short ranges or they have a track record of being a twat already.
                Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Because its cool.

Comment

I run a high rof (35-40rps) gun on semi auto most of the time, and against most people one or two BBs are enough.

Against some people, single BBs or double taps aren't enough for them to notice (to put it politely) so rather than winge to the marshals i will make sure my BBs are hitting the guy with a squirt of full auto. 25-30 rounds will generally get most people's attention.

Comment

I think doing someone with 30 rounds is a bit much I mean that`s like emptying a whole GBB mag on them unless their really just blanking your hits totally it seams like over kill.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would have to agree with ^^^^.

Using that may rounds on a guy is overkill.

But the phsycological advantage of all those smashing into the doorway or a window or just over some open ground is undoubtedly worth it's weight in gold!

Comment

My stupid high ROF is running great, I have now used it in 4 games with great results. I was asked by my local field to keep the fps below 320, and my gun is firing at approx 310fps, but the range is great thanks to a R-Hop I installed inside.

I tend to use it as a area weapon rather than close range, because I am mindful that shooting at someone with a 45rps gun would be overkill at close range. I also notice that when in use the chances of me (the user) getting hosed greatly increases.

Comment

I have always run fairly high rate of fire rifles.

My UMP is running at 25 odd rps. I personally don't think it is that bad as it is only 300fps, I don't think I have ever been over 330fps with high rate of fire.

As long as you are careful with it and don't see red when things aren't going your way, it can be a real asset to your team.
                            How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
                            Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
                            And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Systemas aren't high ROF ( tw5 perhaps is ) anyway. That argument is nullified about Marshals never saying anything about those guns.

Right iv read a lot of this and it still all potty to me.
                              Darthwhite just proved that most people cannot be trusted with high ROF guns. "I give them a squirt of 25 rounds!"!!!! And the way you said it shows that you think your justifiable because they "might" not feel it?

Marshals are there too stop morons like you taking issues into their own hands and mowing people down. In fact I'm disgusted you think that raining 25 rounds into someone is ok. If someone can't feel three hits hitting them. Then they need to take their webbing off. I wear a belt rig, that doesn't mean you would think twice about ploughing rounds into my chest and back. So I have to take that sort of punishment because the handful of players you might come across to engrossed in other things to notice their own hits.

Seems kinda toss everyone must cop mouthfuls of bbs just so the handful of players that don't notice rounds will take their hits?

I always play to win. Providing I'm not marshalling. But that doesn't mean I rock up with hicaps + high ROF to do so. If everyone had that attitude then this game would be shit. Because we could all turn up to a game with those setups ( would make midas and thekonasuare lots of money I bet ) and think we are tactically helping each other with covering fire? Comes down to personal opinion with this covering fire malarkey. You don't need to out 300 rounds down to suppress someone for 3 seconds whilst someone gets into cover.

However, I understand that people put a lot of time and great thinking/knowledge into these setups and I must say, good job. It is great that people push the boundaries of engineering in Airsoft. I get that side of it. It's just a shame that these setups end up in the hands of people who run around a corner and rip 50-100 rounds into 3 lads. Because tactically these blokes got the jump on this guy. And his only hope was to very unsportingly causing a lot of pain to these guys!

I'm not saying all high ROF users are unsporting arsoles. But plenty are. It's not always making up for lack of skill. But I rarely ever see people with high ROF doing anything other than lowering their level of play to downright "slack" just so they can get some kills. Player skill can be removed from this game by having a handful of people willing to lower themselves to that point where it's just a game of who doesnt care about getting raped by some moron for the sake of a game.

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

There are many way`s to tip the balance in airsoft as their are in real life and everyone will have a different view on what is ok and what is not

Is using a torch so bright it blinds anyone you shine it at "over kill" or cheating ?

Is using 20 moscarts a game over kill or cheating ?

Is using 100 bang nad`s and 100 smokes a game over kill or cheating?

Is taking supplements or vitamins or even painkillers given to you buy your DR so you can move faster and not be in pain overkill or cheating ?

Is having a gun with a hi-cap over kill or cheating ?

I could go on for ages but I think we all get the point there are many things you can do in airsoft to make a game unsporting it`s not what you have but how you use it and if you have something that gives you an advantage some people will see that and try to come up with a defence for it and other people will just moan and call you a cheater.

I`ve never had a problem with a high rof gun as you still need to point it at someone and shoot it in reality how much of an advantage does it give you ? but as a team sport a high rof gun is very useful people you give cover fire to are more likely to move up with confidence and you can distract more of the other team with your high rof all eyes will be on you instead of your buddy going behind them.

As long as your not being an idiot with anything that can hurt someone then in my book its ok, I mean a laser has the potential to do more damage then a high rof gun does.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X