• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

true but as a sniper i will see you first

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
      Remember just because the fps is lower with the heavier bb, doesnt mean its not as powerful, it will actually more powerful(joules) just slower speed(fps)

If you fire a .3g bb with spring X, and fire a .2g bb with same spring X, they will have EXACTLY the same power in joules. Range is slightly decreased, but the heavier BB will be more stable in flight, as well as MAINTAIN its power over a longer distance (for more of a "thwack" at the end!)
      Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

.3's will have a better range than .2's because they're less affected by external factors like wind because they have more momentum than .2's
        FPS dependant of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
          .3's will have a better range than .2's because they're less affected by external factors like wind because they have more momentum than .2's
          I believe momentum stays the same. Momentum= speed x mass so the momentum will be the same because the speed (i.e fps) on a .2g pellet (for example) will make up for its lower weight in comparison to a .3

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
            I believe momentum stays the same. Momentum= speed x mass so the momentum will be the same because the speed (i.e fps) on a .2g pellet (for example) will make up for its lower weight in comparison to a .3
            Ok, so momentum was the wrong word to pick but my point remains the same...
            .3's are less affected by wind and other external factors than .2's, having the effect of increased range.

Comment

I believe that to be false, seeing as the ONLY difference in the two pellets is weight, and as we all know, different weighted things FALL at the same constant rate of gravity. So obviously the faster you travel in the time it takes to fall to the ground, the further you travel :P
              Unless of course... you're talking about wind effect? in which case- wind doesn't usually blow down towards the ground, so there aren't any "external factors"
              Lighter bbs travel further, although they lose their momentum faster, and inevitably end up travelling miles off course.

EDIT: just read you wrote the "EFFECT" of increased range: technically correct i guess?! :P Your effective range is increased :P
              Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

i love having snipers on delta when its plan- B at GZ woodland. Makes it a very interesting game, otherwise on plan-A sniping can be a little bit pointless at times.
                sigpic
                Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

who was the sniper at gzw on the 19/6 as he loved shooting people in the arse

Comment

I wouldn't want to be a sniper but I think that they do help

Comment

im a sniper who generaly plays at urban assault in ramsy they have a 400fps limit and no med (rediculas i know) most people think that at a site with more spray and prays than anything else a boltie is useless but there are times when ive been shooting through a window and when a grenade went off in the room i was in about ten people came flouding out of the corridor where i had them pinned so in any place snipers can be usefull maybee not for range but the incressed acuracy.

ive spent alot of time working in recon and not shooting all day and that has been more usefull to my team than just shooting all the time

one thing i would like to see is snipers tested on the med as its a game im not there to hurt people and a lot of snipers ive met dont know what thirty meteres looks like i got a mate to mesure twenty and thirty meteres and i checked how many mill dots his head took up in my scope so i had a rough guess at the distence

Comment

love/hate them.

Love when they are on my team.
                        hate when they are on the enemy team ;D

Comment

im cool with snipers, just play really aggressive and fast. (unless your slow, then just keep your head down til hes gone)

Comment

They are always an added bonus to a team if they know what there doing in an open environment. Regardless the FPS, i have sniped using both a 170 spring and a standard TM spring in my VSR and found that there is around a 20m difference at most in range. If you have a rifle with a nice long and tight barrel such as a VSR you will find that the accuracy even with a TM stock spring in it will out range most AEGs. As for spring rifles the FPS difference between shots is very consistant.

If your sniping in the middle of a game and your well hidden regardless of the noise level of your gun you will be hard to find.

As for headshots 75% of the time they cant be helped (usually down to the BB over hopping or the player aiming too high for the shot), 24% of the time thats all they can see of you and have the right to shoot you. And that 1% is idiots who dilebratly go for head shots regardless of how much of a player is showing and deserve to have there gun snapped in two.

A decent sniper can both attack and defend well, when attacking picking off players from vital strategic points or taking out players with Support guns who are laying down fire to suppress your team from advancing. When defending they should take out players who are getting the team moving (Harsh but it truly works if its just the one person making the team move up).
                            Same with players using support guns as this will reduce the fire comming at your team. (Untill they return).

Another thing thats been said is fear factor if a sniper round lands right next to you what would you do? Move ofcourse :D Also works by trapping players in one area and allowing your team with AEGs to advance to dispose of them.

You really can see the difference if one team has a "decent" sniper and the other team has none.

As for COD Kids who think there uber at sniping just because they can 360, no-scope, throwing knife, read a paper and take a dump on COD there just sad. Besides under 18s are banned from using airsoft snipers in Thames Valley by law. So thats a big no to the majority of COD Kids wanting to snipe.

Guinea

Comment

Originally posted by Guinea View Post
                              If you have a rifle with a nice long and tight barrel such as a VSR you will find that the accuracy even with a TM stock spring in it will out range most AEGs.
                              Please don't talk out your bum, accuracy and range are no the same thing
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

My bad miss type what i meant to put was:

If you have a rifle with a nice long and tight barrel such as a VSR you will find that even with a TM stock spring init it will out range most AEGs and that the accuracy will be considerably better.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X