Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

Originally posted by danhc View Post
    im the same i always warn people before hand and i have 2 cylinder set up 1 is 350 fps for cqb which i give a 15m bang kill warning if they dont take it i will shoot them in the leg and the other cylinder is set up at 498fps for woodland and i give a 20-25m bang kill warning non takers i then shoot in the leg
    surely though there is a minimum engagement distance for rifles firing that high, you should have a side arm if you want to engage anybody under the minimum engagement distance, also the bang rule being used at 20-25 meters is rediculouse, as is 15 meters, if thats going to be used then we may as well all run around with no ammo in our guns shouting bang at eachother[/QUOTE] he just needs some secondary to use instead of bang or he mightaswell throw bbs at them at that point
    After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

25m Bang Kill rule. Thats a new one on me . Liable to get lit up for being so cheeky. You need a secondary. SOCOM mk23 is awesome. Some sites even go a far as saying you can't use a sniper if you dont have a secondary...

Comment

snipers are great when defending an objective as you can use one to spot enemys before they get in range and for defensive games but when attacking pretty useless i used to snipe alot and the best bit about it is being stealthy its so funny when you get behind a group of attackers and shoot them one at a time from a bush at 30 m and if your using a bolt action like i did they will probably not hear or see you and its so funny watching someone down the scope start shouting sniper and try to run

Comment

Originally posted by padraigthesniper View Post
          snipers are great when defending an objective as you can use one to spot enemys before they get in range and for defensive games but when attacking pretty useless i used to snipe alot and the best bit about it is being stealthy its so funny when you get behind a group of attackers and shoot them one at a time from a bush at 30 m and if your using a bolt action like i did they will probably not hear or see you and its so funny watching someone down the scope start shouting sniper and try to run
          Pretty useless when attacking are you being serious? Nothing worse than trying to deal with aegs charging about while snipers are slowly creeping up and then start pinging people in the head from the bushes. Every keeps there heads down, then the aegs start creeping up too and drip a grenade in. That's pretty much how our bunker games go lol...

Comment

Originally posted by beverage View Post
            Pretty useless when attacking are you being serious? Nothing worse than trying to deal with aegs charging about while snipers are slowly creeping up and then start pinging people in the head from the bushes. Every keeps there heads down, then the aegs start creeping up too and drip a grenade in. That's pretty much how our bunker games go lol...
            Agree completley , I tend to try and get round to the side or behind the oppositions lines and keep their heads down from two sides , even one sniper putting accurate shots down range can make it near impossible to defend a position .
            A tactic I have adopted to keep heads down is , if the targets gun is poking out from cover I aim at it ( not at scopes or stuff that will be broken / marked) . It's very demoralising to not be able to get out of cover and everytime you try to have your gun peppered .

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

I think that if a sniper is playing properly, considerate of other players and contributes to the game they are worth having. I have 2 upgraded snipers and an ics M16. I mainly use the snipers one at 330 one at 500, I find its good for pinning people down and half the time scaring the crap out of them, some poor guy one handed firing his p90 from behind cover having a fag, acting like a p**** ended up being on the receiving end of a 500fps shot to the hand form about 40m on a cold day xD

I do hate little kids with bloody gas rifles or cheap chinese snipers with insane fps

Comment

my sniping set-up
                ghillie
                TM Socom
                G-spec - 300fps
                throat-mic

Results??
                fantastic, yea you might be able to shoot 100 rounds at me when i shoot 2? but who says you will see or hear me? or i will just tell my team mates? me and my mate played a massive game as snipers, took us 30mins to stalk our way all the way round the site, when we got their we were long range dropping the shots in and peopel were going crazy we even had people (nearly) walk on top of us. the term "sniper" carries too much over from movie you say Sniper! and people dive for cover.

Comment

Originally posted by scortcozzy View Post
                  im the same i always warn people before hand and i have 2 cylinder set up 1 is 350 fps for cqb which i give a 15m bang kill warning if they dont take it i will shoot them in the leg and the other cylinder is set up at 498fps for woodland and i give a 20-25m bang kill warning non takers i then shoot in the leg
                  Wait what??

"Hey, hey you - yeah you at the normal airsoft engagement distance - bang!"

I'm guessing that's how it works??

I appreciate what you are trying to do mate but no. just no.

Targets inside your MED are for your side arm. Or they should be allowed to pass by and engaged from the rear
                  Originally posted by Coz
                  Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Wait what?

NECROPOST much, leave the dead threads alone.
                    Originally posted by tackle
                    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

The last post was only a month ago and it has been alive well over a year.
                      He wasn't necro posting.

Nice to see it's still going though
                      I haven't seen so many snipers around as of late, it seems we are getting more people ready to go into the thick if it
                      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Necro post?, a thread is only dead till someone revives it, can't see much wrong in that.
                        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                          Wait what?

NECROPOST much, leave the dead threads alone.
                          Wait what?

Some one doesn't know what necro posting is?
                          Here is a definition
                          http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=necroposting

A month old doesn't qualify as dead.

Perhaps you should know how things work before you post BS spam.

Stickybomb - I've been out of the loop but there certainly looks like there has been a down turn in its popularity.

Andy
                          Originally posted by Coz
                          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

500fps is fine until you meet someone with an AEG thats not semi auto locked and you get peppered with a dozen bb's at very close range...

Comment

I've been playing as a sniper for a while now and although I do really enjoy waiting in a bush for that perfect kill, I don't get to play woodland too often.
                              I usually end up playing at Anzio and find that moving up with everyone else and using a pistol works, then using the rifle to take shots that sometimes people with AEGs can't quite make or reach, it makes a real difference to a squad as they then have that little extra range and accuracy with them.
                              If I had my way though I'd be sneaking around some woods taking people out silently :P

Comment

i dont mind snipers as they normally miss but when they hit a target they normally get a cracking shoot

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X