Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

I don't know, generally I've found that anything I can do with a sniper, I can do with an AEG (not sure if that means I'm rubbish or not). Although, I have two people in my team are absolute crackshots with snipers, the best I've seen so they can be helpful, assuming the don't wander of on their solo missions. I generally don't mind them basically.
    Originally posted by cool-breeze87
    I named one of my guns after my ex girlfriend, because it doesn't work and all it does is whines all the time :P

Comment

Originally posted by jubbs View Post
      ive spent alot of time working in recon and not shooting all day and that has been more usefull to my team than just shooting all the time
      oh, and that
      Originally posted by cool-breeze87
      I named one of my guns after my ex girlfriend, because it doesn't work and all it does is whines all the time :P

Comment

Well i started off with a sniper rifle and still intend to but unfortunately guns have been in repair for a while so have been using my G36c for the past few months. I do find though that even now i still like to place the emphasis on stealth crawling 50m sideways through ferns just to get up on enemy trench. And i know that with my sniper rifle and scope (assuming its zeroed in) I would be pretty deadly (hopefully). Cant wait to get them back and relish the single shot again over the full auto. Saying that I hardly use any ammo anyway so its not really an issue for me.
        Knowledge is power

Comment

i run mine at 440 fps
          i use it as a marksman style rifle and do not consider myself to be a sniper as in airsoft i dont think being a sniper is an achievable thing =]
          i just like bolt actions XD

Comment

I agree with Ninja - in airsoft a sniper doesn't have much advantage on any other player with a good-high end AEG. I have never shot a airsoft sniper rifle, but if it does have a range and accuracy advantage that is a large step beyond any AEG, then I can see why people use them.

Love - the idea of being invisible, picking people off.

Hate - the idea of someone invisible picking me off.

Comment

most GOOD sniper rifles will shoot at a ax double the range of a 330fps aeg , they are very hard to play against a good one

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

The reason alot of people struggle is that charging to within 30m of a player is usually too intimidating a prospect for most airsofters to grasp, if I see a lone sniper and I have an AEG I've got a 100% hit rate on that tactic.

But also owning a sniper rifle myself, I can promise you they out range AEGS quite comfortably, my favorite past time at the moment is sitting just out of their range, whilst I still have a very large degree of accuracy.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                  After a general read of people saying bad snipers are useless but good snipers aren't, isn't that the same with any player
                  Sorry to reply to this so late, but...

Even the worst of n00bs can hit someone with AEG, because they can spray full auto, therefore they can help their team in some way. On the other hand, a COD-kid with a stock VSR and huge scope can't hit anything, and are only a wasted pair of hands.

My 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                    Even the worst of n00bs can hit someone with AEG, because they can spray full auto, therefore they can help their team in some way.
                    You mean they're good for suppression fire.........

Comment

Love them but not when I get shot in the face lol

Comment

They are great until the sniper doesnt know their distances.
                        Was shot by a sniper from about 20m away at the NAE. Was a foreign bloke as well because when I yelled at him to check his distances he yelled back in french (I think).
                        Kiran Payne
                        TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                        Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Im going to be playing my first game on sunday as a sniper/recon and hopefully It'll go well.
                          I'm using a tm vsr with loads of upgrades I bought from a mate it's got a tk twist in it and a spring I believe is shooting at 330ish plus other stuff. I'm hoping I won't turn into one of those COD noobs but will wait and see.
                          Will take my aeg just in case

Comment

Snipers...

If I kill you, I love you.

If you kill me... I hate you.

- its a love/hate thing

Comment

So long as the said sniper know's the pain of taking a .35g bb point blank to the face at 450fps, I haven't got a problem with them at all.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Best way to counter snipe a sniper... if you spot him RUN AT HIM AND EMPTY YOUR HIGH CAP ON FULL AUTO INTO HIS FACE :D Sniper DOWN!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X