Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

Airsoft snipers are a funny breed! Kind of like marmite in the way yOu either hate them or love them.
    In my view a sniper isn't just some with a bloody big scope on a high powered rifle. 90% of a real sniper is recon, gathering information of the assulte team. This is what my friend does very well, normally working with a rifleman like myself he will use his scope to pin point target locations ( please bare in mind this is a milsim game play style). This information is then sent to the assulte team via radio. Only if there is a threat to himself or the assulte team will the sniper engage.

So for me in milsim a sniper is a must have. But just skermishing I'd have to say they are pretty useless, in the sense of the game to kill as many people as possible a sniper just can't compare to a rifleman.
    As for little kids with sniper rifle, I ignor them as most of the time your see them way before they have seen you.

Comment

Originally posted by tristan View Post
      As for little kids with sniper rifle, I ignor them as most of the time your see them way before they have seen you.
      Too true, the kids with the sniper rifles at my local panic and get too flustered when you spot them before they spot you and cant shoot straight as a result - so most of the time you can check your email on your BB or iPhone and reply before raising your rifle and taking a couple of 'dance for me' shots at them

Comment

Originally posted by tristan View Post
        Airsoft snipers are a funny breed! Kind of like marmite in the way yOu either hate them or love them.
        In my view a sniper isn't just some with a bloody big scope on a high powered rifle. 90% of a real sniper is recon, gathering information of the assulte team. This is what my friend does very well, normally working with a rifleman like myself he will use his scope to pin point target locations ( please bare in mind this is a milsim game play style). This information is then sent to the assulte team via radio. Only if there is a threat to himself or the assulte team will the sniper engage.
        This ^^

This is exactly what a sniper should do. At one national game a few years ago, I spent 3 hours lying up in a hide about 30 yards from an enemy respawn point. Not engaging, just observing and reporting enemy numbers and movements back to my team who were about 400yds away. I didn't fire a shot for hours but it was great fun.

The kids who turn up at my local site with a two-tone L96 in hoody, jeans and white trainers, I just laugh at, as they're usually the first to get shot out.

Comment

Love the milsim type who spot targets, co-ordinate attacks and report any threats to the rest of the team. while being a dab hand at taking out a target with ease.

I hate the lone wolf, crazed madman type who believe that THEY ALONE have the right to kill every possible target.
          sigpic

The average Rambo

Comment

well im a sniper and everybody sais they need a sniper on there team because you can pic off people with more range than an aeg
            my vsr is 400 fps on 0.3 g teflons and a mk23 socom as back up because there dead silent and i kill alot of people before they actually see me however i have just bought an m4 for some cqb action

Comment

As for cqb I make people aware before the game the fps of whatever sniper I would be using and also state that I'd be bang killing from 10-15 meters for the safety reasons and that if they did t take it I'd shoot them, can't be shouted at then [/QUOTE]

im the same i always warn people before hand and i have 2 cylinder set up 1 is 350 fps for cqb which i give a 15m bang kill warning if they dont take it i will shoot them in the leg and the other cylinder is set up at 498fps for woodland and i give a 20-25m bang kill warning non takers i then shoot in the leg

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitControlSquad View Post
                not being funny, you operate at the same fps more or less and still shoot at the same range!! Id rather be spraying on full auto than firing 1 shot 1 miss bullets to be honest! haha
                i get a better feeling by getting 1 shot 1 kill than spraying and praying

Comment

well after having a read through this rather long thread its quite interesting, I've never been on a team with a sniper but have played against them and i find they can be intimidation especially if they are defending an objective. A good thing to do is have an assault rifle aswell so when they get close they can still be of use rather then having to resort to pistols
                  Fire Team Zulu
                  Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                  http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

i've got to say, they may not get as many kills as everyone else and maybe thats why they're hated on, but they have the range of view that most airsofters dont so if you have one on your side, its a nice thing to have
                    perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
                    Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.

Comment

Originally posted by scortcozzy View Post
                      As for cqb I make people aware before the game the fps of whatever sniper I would be using and also state that I'd be bang killing from 10-15 meters for the safety reasons and that if they did t take it I'd shoot them, can't be shouted at then
                      im the same i always warn people before hand and i have 2 cylinder set up 1 is 350 fps for cqb which i give a 15m bang kill warning if they dont take it i will shoot them in the leg and the other cylinder is set up at 498fps for woodland and i give a 20-25m bang kill warning non takers i then shoot in the leg[/QUOTE]

Fair enough idea mate, but I think getting a secondary would be more useful, not least because a lot of people won't take a bang kill at over 20m!

Comment

the only experience ive had of a sniper is some idiot who shot my friend in the face at about 20 feet damaging his nose, then later in the day the sniper just ignored getting shot from any kind of distance.

Comment

Loved having 2 on my team, one with a semi M16 DMR type thing, the other with a VSR..
                          but when the sniper using a gas M700 AICS shoots your nipple, then its a must hate for enemy snipers

Comment

If your on my team, Love. If your not, Hate.

Comment

Originally posted by L4DIIJoK3r View Post
                              If your on my team, Love. If your not, Hate.
                              haha, thats probably most peoples opinion :D
                              Fire Team Zulu
                              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by scortcozzy View Post
                                As for cqb I make people aware before the game the fps of whatever sniper I would be using and also state that I'd be bang killing from 10-15 meters for the safety reasons and that if they did t take it I'd shoot them, can't be shouted at then
                                im the same i always warn people before hand and i have 2 cylinder set up 1 is 350 fps for cqb which i give a 15m bang kill warning if they dont take it i will shoot them in the leg and the other cylinder is set up at 498fps for woodland and i give a 20-25m bang kill warning non takers i then shoot in the leg[/QUOTE]

surely though there is a minimum engagement distance for rifles firing that high, you should have a side arm if you want to engage anybody under the minimum engagement distance, also the bang rule being used at 20-25 meters is rediculouse, as is 15 meters, if thats going to be used then we may as well all run around with no ammo in our guns shouting bang at eachother
                                PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X